Chapter 23

Black & White

Donghae’s POV

“Your confession”

 

I nearly choked on my spit at his sudden request.  His beautiful smile had also turned into an evil teasing one.

“WHY?!” I frowned from embarrassment.  I know I shouldn’t be acting this way since I came here to confess again…but this wasn’t how I expected it to be.

“Just do it, Hae.” He then pouted.

I didn’t even have to think twice.  Without any moment of hesitation, I gave in to him.

“F-fine. I like you.” I blushed and stuttered terribly.  I was even glaring at him for forcing this out from me.

“I know that.  But, you like Siwon, and Kyuhyun, and Henry, too…” his teasing smirk had appeared again.

My heart almost jumped out of my chest, before I tried to shrug the feeling off.

He’s manipulating you, Lee Donghae…he’s a conniving man.

He continued staring at me, eyes shimmering with an expectant curiosity.

I decided not to speak and let him feel the bitter taste of disappointment.  There was no way I was going to tell him I love him and make myself more vulnerable than before.

 

“Alright, alright…you like me.  I get it.” He swats his hand around as if brushing off the conversation before sighing.  “You should leave soon, it’s getting late.”

I stared at him in awe.  He sounded a bit disappointed but it’s probably just my mind playing tricks on me.

But then, I can’t really leave.

Aish!  Lee Donghae, you came here to confess!  What are you doing?

Just get this over so he can reject you and you can go home!

I mentally slapped myself before facing him again.

My face was most likely to be sporting a deep shade of red while my cheeks flushed.  With my head hung low, embarrassed to look at him in the eye, I prepared for another round of embarrassing confession.

“Lee Hyukjae.  I love you.  And before you push me out of the door again, I just want to tell you that I’m not going anywhere.  And I’m sorry if it seems like I just announced myself as your stalker, and I understand if you reject me now. You can reject me all you want, but I’ll still continue loving you.  Just you.  I’ll keep on confessing until you get sick of me… No, no no!  Don’t get sick of me!  Don’t grow tired of me either!  Just listen to me.  I love you.  I really do.”

 

I blurted out everything that had been piling up in my chest for the past months of unrequited, and even rejected, love.

It was embarrassing to say the least.  I couldn’t even bring my eyes to look at him, and instead I kept them shut tight, anticipating for another heartbreak.  My brain had started malfunctioning as soon as I finished my outpour, and my heart wasn’t cooperating either due to its incessant beating.

But everything soon came into a halt as soon as I felt a pair of arms wrap around me.

The smell of strawberries that always radiated from Eunhyuk soon made its way into my nostrils, and I can’t help but to wonder what had happened.

The next thing I knew, he had placed a kiss on my hair before muzzling his head on my shoulder.

“It took you so long, Hae.  I love you, too.”

 

..--..--..

Mr. Taxi, Taxi, Taxi soutou jeukshi jeukshi jeukshi

Oitsukenai supiido de

Nee tsuite ko reru no?

 

“Mr. Taxi, taxi, taxi~” I hummed happily while walking past the pile of students across the hallways.

Making my way to my locker, I smiled at the random people who greeted me.  As usual, I only recognized a few of them, while the rest were strangers in my eyes.

 

“Still as popular as always, Mr. Lee Donghae.”

Siwon hung his hand over my shoulder while I continued grabbing my stuff from my locker.  I was in a very good mood so I didn’t mind the gesture.

“Good morning sunbaes!” A group of girls with ridiculously short skirts giggled while they walked past us.  And of course, Siwon, getting back into his Student council president mode, let go of me and reprimanded them.

I just shook my head and ignored the lecturing Shisus before turning back at my locker.

“Good morning, hyung!”

Henry dangled off my arm while puffing his cheeks cutely.  Hanging out with Sungmin has definitely changed him.  I therefore conclude that ‘kyumin’ is a very contagious tandem.  One tends to influence people into being evil, while the other turns you into a little box of aegyo.

“We went to your house yesterday, but you weren’t there.  Sungmin-hyung stole your baby pictures.” I frowned, but decided not to let it spoil my day.  I’ll just deal with those pictures next time.

“…I told you, those pink handcuffs would be useful someday…OH, FISHY!” Sungmin ran to hug me as soon as he and Kyuhyun noticed me.

Ignoring their strange conversation, I hugged him back while balancing my books with my other hand.

 

“KYAAAAAA~~~~”

 

The regular piercing shrieks from the fan girls have finally commenced, indicating the arrival of the school prince.

With a smile on my lips, I took a quick glance at him while he glared daggers at the mob, before turning away to head to my room.  We might have already settled a few things between us…but we still don’t freely interact at school.

“Donghae!”

I froze on my step once I recognized the voice that called for my attention.

Thinking that it was all a product of my imagination, I shook my head before continuing my walk.

I didn’t even bother checking behind me if Siwon and the others were following.

“Lee Donghae!”

I stopped again.

The hallway had now turned eerily quiet and several students started piling in around me, with expressions of pure interest and curiosity.  Some had even brought out cellphones and focused their cameras on my direction.

“Why are you ignoring me, Hae?”

I finally turned around when I heard him call me familiarly with my nickname, only to step back at the short distance between Eunhyuk and I.

He wasn’t pouting, but I can tell from his tone that he was sulking.

“What are you doing?” I gritted my teeth while speaking to him in a hushed whisper.

He may not have gotten the hint that nobody knew we we’re close, and instead spoke with his normal voice.  Actually, it was a bit louder than usual.

“What’s wrong?  Isn’t it normal for me to greet my boyfriend?”

Gasps and a few murmurs broke out from the crowd.  I can’t blame them, though.  Even I was as stunned as a deer caught in the headlights of an 18-wheeler.

Did he just call me his boyfriend?

I mean…yes, he told me he loves me, too.  We’ve established the fact that we both felt the same way for each other.  But our talk yesterday didn’t reach the point of clearing what we were.  I simply thought we we’re just friends who loved each other in a less than friendly way.

“b-boyfriend?”

My cheeks felt hot due to the embarrassment and my quivering lips only made me stutter.

He nodded with a serious expression before pulling me close and glaring around.

“You heard that, right?  Lee Donghae is my lover, so stay away from him.”

 

Everyone was stunned at the revelation.  I hid my face slightly on his chest to keep myself from showing them my blushing face.

Siwon, who had paused from his lecture, stood there with his mouth hanging open.  On the other side were Kyuhyun, who looked bored, and Sungmin and Henry who were giggling like girls.

 

Eunhyuk held me tighter in his arms.  His muscles were a bit tensed and I could feel his heartbeat running wildly.  I knew it was hard for him to pull a stunt publicly since he still wasn’t used to socially-related situations, but I felt proud that he was able to.  I wasn’t really expecting him to announce such a thing…heck, I didn’t even know we were already officially dating, but can’t deny that I felt deliriously happy and ecstatic that finally… there was no more reason to hide.

This may affect his reputation, and a lot of people would definitely disapprove of us, but we both didn’t care.

 

He held my face and lifted it, and in the next second, he had kissed me in front of everyone.

But that wasn’t the surprising part.

The next thing we heard we’re the loud cheers from all around us.

People started taking videos and pictures while we stayed in a lip-lock stance.  Girls started giggling, boys started howling, and even the professors, who we’re wondering where their students were, had started clapping their hands.

 

I looked over to my left, still not pulling away from Eunhyuk, to see Siwon rolling his eyes before clapping disinterestedly.  Sungmin also whispered something to Kyu which made the younger sport an almost unnoticeable blush.  Henry was busy bouncing around in happiness, until he accidentally hit a girl, making him bow several times in apology.

And how can I forget Jessica?  She held a victorious grin while giving me a thumbs-up from behind the crowd.  And isn’t that Jonghyun beside her?

 

“…hyu…k…” I tried to pull away from the kiss, but he still held me tightly.

I squirmed against him.  My breath supply was already running short, and I just recently became sensitive to the amused stares around us.

When he finally realized what I needed, he finally pulled away and kissed my forehead before facing back at me.  With his teeth biting his lips cutely, I could see the faint blush he also wore.

Good.   At least I’m not the only one embarrassed by this.

 

Finally, the professors had decided to call for their students and start their classes, just like they should.  Why were they even cheering along earlier?!

“Lee Donghae, and Lee Eunhyuk…I know you still want to ogle each other, but classes started 5 minutes ago.  And PDA is not allowed here.” Siwon gave a stern look before walking away.

I chuckled at the sight of Siwon acting all serious, and Eunhyuk just grinned at his cousin.

Sungmin had already called for Eunhyuk for them to head to their own room.

“You can let go now.” I gestured towards his arms that were still wrapped around me securely.

“Hae-ah…” He pouted.

Oh I get it.  Now that the hallways are empty, he can finally go unleash his aegyo.

“Yeah?”

“I love you.” He finally answered with a grin.

“I know.” I mumbled against him, fighting the blush that threatened to make its way on my cheeks.

“Good.  Because it’s exclusively for you.”

And with one last peck on the lips, he ran towards the annoyed Sungmin and left to head to his room.


Chapter 23 =_=

Go on, click the next button...