Chapter 11

Black & White

Donghae’s POV

 

My heart listens to you from Head to toe

even though my friends tease me

my heart hears only you

One two three you are smiling

you take may breath away

 

I stared in awe at the performance of Kyuhyun.  I’ve always known he was a good singer, but since he was always glued to his games, I never had many opportunities to hear him sing.

Siwon, who was one of the main actors in the play, along was already on-stage, performing his scenes.  Since it was a musical, both the singing club and dance club had made their cameo appearances during the entire play.  However, Eunhyuk has never appeared yet.

He couldn’t possibly be…the tree, right?

I frowned at the guy who was unfortunately casted as the dancing tree.

I could only laugh at my pitiful thoughts before focusing back on the play, making sure not to miss a single detail.  Eunhyuk could have been already in the scene, for all I know.

I continued glancing around the stage in hopes to find a glimpse of blonde hair among the several dancers and actors.  Bam!  I spotted one! …but it turns out to be a wig worn by one of the actors.

 

Half the play had already gone by and Eunhyuk was still nowhere to be seen.  I’ve been straining my eyes from refusing the urge to blink during some scenes in case Eunhyuk would suddenly appear.

Maybe he IS the dancing tree?

I studied the features of the guy clad in brown paint.  I never even noticed that I had memorized Eunhyuk’s every feature to the point that I could recognize him from someone else even by just looking at the eyebrows.

Nope.  It’s definitely not him.

I smiled bitterly as I watched the rest of the cast perform another song.

 

It had already reached the ending scene.  But nope, still no Eunhyuk in sight.

Maybe he’d already appeared and I just missed it?

Maybe he had worn a wig on stage?

Could he have been the guy who just walked past a while ago?

…or maybe he was really the freakin’ tree guy!

 

I had already given up the hopes of seeing him dance when the entire cast made their final bow.  After cheering for my friends, I slowly made my way out of the crowd, feeling disheartened at Eunhyuk’s absence.

I had been really anticipating for his performance…even just a split second would have satisfied me!

Heck, even his shadow on stage would have made me cry from happiness.

But no.

Maybe he really ditched the performance, like what Siwon said?

I shook my head. No, he wouldn’t do that.

But where was he?

I glanced at my phone just to check the time and noticed I had one message waiting for me.  I read it disinterestedly only to have my eyes almost bulge out from my sockets.

I knew it.

With a wide smile, and my heart rapidly beating, I ran back to the stage just in time to see the spotlight focus on a certain blonde at the center of the stage.

 

Eunhyuk.

 

I smiled to myself, ignoring the crowd who were suddenly screaming their lungs out at the sight of the guy.  He had his head bowed down, the lights reflecting from his costume creating an almost kaleidoscopic effect.

The second the music started playing, I found myself crying tears of joy.

I’m so melodramatic.

 

It was the first time I’d seen him dance, and it would be an understatement to call it as an excellent performance.

I watched how fluid and at the same time, precise, his movements were…how his every move was in tune with the music…how his costume would sometimes reveal his toned muscles causing more high-pitched screams from the crowd…how his sweat glittered on his skin…

For the first time in my life, I appreciated having 20/20 vision.

 

On the next part of the dance, the other members of the dance club had already joined him.  I could easily recognize Shindong, Junsu, and Yunho among the dancers…but in my eyes, there was only Eunhyuk.

 

They all danced in sync, to the point that it looked surreal.  The fireworks installed all over the stage only made the scene appear more magical…it was hard to believe that it was named as ‘The punisher’.

By now, the crowd was already going crazy, and I believe some had already fainted from all the testosterone.  After all, the thin fabric of their costumes only emphasized their toned figures…not that I noticed the figures of the other dancers since I was still focused solely on one person.

 

The audience clapped and cheered wildly as the dancers gave their final bow.  I hadn’t realized that I’ve held my breath during the entire performance, and the lack of oxygen made me a bit light-headed.  Just before they exited the stage, I noticed Eunhyuk glancing around the audience.

He still wore the same poker face, ignoring the people who screamed his name.

Just then, his eyes had landed on my direction and I immediately felt my breath caught up in my chest.

I knew I had to look away but he never gave me the chance.

Just when I’ve accepted the fact that he’ll ignore me again, there he was with his gummy smile, waving happily towards me.

Before I could even grasp what was happening, he had already left the stage, leaving everyone as stunned as I was.

 

If there was one thing that my mind could fully grasp at the moment, it was the fact that my heart was beating at an almost inhumane speed.

And along with it came a dreadful thought.

Am I attracted to him?


Chapter 11 =_=

Just to make up for the short updates...here I present you, a  double-update!

THANK YOU again my beloved readers.