Chapter 2

Black & White

After filing out the forms for his class, Donghae decided to give himself a break before starting on his homework.

He slumped on the couch and the TV, browsing through the channels when his older brother came down from the stairs.

“Ah, hyung!  Are you done with the forms?” Donghae asked while Heechul grunted in affirmation before heading towards the kitchen.  Judging from the lopsided pajama and dark circles forming under his hyung’s eyes, he knew that it wasn’t wise to continue nagging.  Heechul was among the sunbaes at his school who are busy preparing for university so he has gotten used to a zombie-like brother at home.

He shrugged and continued browsing through the channels when he heard a scream from the kitchen.

Alarmed at whatever could have happened, he rushed towards the kitchen only to find Heechul blankly staring at an empty container.

“Hyung, what happened to you?” He glanced around the room to check for damages.

“Donghae-ah…” Heechul quietly mumbled, “…there’s no kimchi left.”

 

..--..--..

“That’d be ₩7000.” The girl on the counter said before receiving the money Donghae gave.

Rather than suffering through long hours of whining from his hyung, he decided to just go out and buy a small bottle of Kimchi from a nearby convenience store.  He glanced at the small clock situated at the wall behind the counter before leaving the store.

Why did Heechul hyung suddenly have a craving for Kimchi bokkeumbap at this time?

He grumbled silently while making his way home.  It was already past 10 in the evening so it was no surprise that the streets were empty apart from the stray cats that loitered around.  Generally, it was a peaceful neighborhood so he didn’t worry on encountering thugs; however, since it was already late and he still had his homework to be done, he decided to take a short cut past.

I wonder if I still remember it correctly, though.

He walked through the park, instead of going around it, and slipped through a small space between two adjacent houses.  It was slightly more cramped than the last time he remembered it.

Of course.  The last time you went through here was when you were 6.

He laughed bitterly as he squeezed himself out and reached another part of their neighborhood.

Was it go left and then turn right…or the other way around?

He glanced at the two ends of the road, completely clueless of where they both led to.  But being the guy that he is, he decided to take the street on his right.

 

A few minutes later, he was completely lost.

He glanced back at his phone and groaned seeing that he’d been aimlessly walking around for almost an hour…and he still hadn’t done his homework.

Just as he was about to lose hope of getting home, he heard faint voices from the other side of the street.

Great, I could ask them for directions!

He gleefully ran toward the direction of the voices only to freeze at the scene that flashed before him.

 

Sungmin POV

“It’s getting late already.  I promise to eat it tomorrow.” I exasperatedly say towards the whining guy in front of me as I struggled to leave his house.

“Are you sure you don’t want it?  Sora-noona made it especially for you!  I told her you helped a lot today!” Eunhyuk whined while tugging at my shirt in an effort to get me to stay and eat their strawberry cake.

“Aigoo~ I told you I’ll pass by early tomorrow for that.  If you want, I’d even bring everyone here.” I playfully slapped his cheeks while he pouted cutely…just like how I taught him to.

Who would’ve guessed that the adorable guy in front of me was the ‘cold prince’ at school?

I could see clearly that he wanted to stop the act now, too bad I was still amused.

“I’ll be back tomorrow, okay, Hyukjae-ah?” I leaned in to teasingly kiss his forehead when we suddenly heard a glass break just across the street.

We both turned around to see a guy standing petrified.  I’m positive that I’ve seen him before, but due to the darkness, I couldn’t really be sure who he was or where I’ve seen him.

Hopefully not in school

I glanced back at Eunhyuk, who was equally stunned, before facing back at the frozen guy.  It was then that I noticed the small plastic at his feet.

“H-hey…you dropped someth—“

Before I could even finish my sentence, the guy suddenly ran away and in a blink of an eye, Eunhyuk had also followed suit, leaving me with my mouth agape.

 

Donghae’s POV

I stood there, not believing what I was seeing.

Well, the guy definitely looked like Sungmin…and sounded like Sungmin…and was touchy like Sungmin.

I could bet all my allowance that the guy was definitely Lee Sungmin from my school.  But what was mystifying… or horrific... was the guy with him.

Not only did he look like Eunhyuk, he also sounded like Eunhyuk…but he definitely wasn’t acting like Eunhyuk!

“I’ll be back tomorrow, okay, Hyukjae-ah?”

Wait, wha- Hyukjae?!

I stared back in shock, dropping the grocery bag I was holding in the process.

What are the chances of seeing Sungmin with a person named ‘Hyukjae’, who isn’t the Hyukjae I know?

 

They both stared at me silently while I slowly drown in my thoughts.

Hyung will definitely kill me for dropping the Kimchi…I just wasted ₩7000 on that stupid bottle…It’s probably past 11 and I’m still lost…and my homework’s waiting for me…and Sungmin was there…and Hyukjae… Hyuk—

“H-hey…you dropped someth—“

Before I knew it, I already ran away from the place.  I didn’t even know why.

Wait.

This is probably just a nightmare.

Yes.

A nightma—

 

“Stop running!” a hand suddenly stretched out in front of me, causing me to stumble back in surprise.

“I…uhh…I…wha…” I probably looked stupid, not even able to say coherent words, but heck, even my mind wasn’t working well.  How could the cold jewel guy Eunhyuk act all cutely in front of Sungmin?!

It just didn’t make sense.

Sungmin finally managed to catch up, “I remember now…” he managed to say between his gasps of air

“…Lee Donghae, right?” he got up to smile at me, and I was again at a loss.

 

..--..--..

“Do you only have good-looking guys at your school?” a woman on her early twenties said before placing a slice of strawberry cake in front of me.

For some reason, I was brought back to the house of the ‘Hyukjae’ who is now sitting across from me.

Sungmin finally arrived holding two small mugs of hot chocolate that he placed on the table.

After making himself comfortable on one of the armchairs, we all fell into an awkward silence.

No one dared to say something…or rather, no one knew what to say.

“This is awkward.” Sungmin chuckled uncomfortably in his seat in an attempt to lighten up the mood.

While it didn’t exactly lighten up the mood, it did catch both mine and hyukjae’s attention.

I watched as Sungmin cleared his throat before nudging his friend to talk.

What should we talk about, anyway?  Should I ask what they were doing earlier?  Why were they exchanging aegyos?  Why was EUNHYUK doing an aegyo?

I mentally slapped myself as the memory of Eunhyuk pouting resurfaced in my mind.

 

“Please don’t tell anyone.”

 

The sudden voice caught me off guard.  Never in my life did I think of seeing Eunhyuk, SM High School’s cold prince, bowing in front of me.  My mind couldn’t grasp the whole situation just yet…and all I could say was

 

“Who are you?”


 

Chapter 2 is out! =_=

Thank you for all the comments and the subscribers!  You guys just turned my crappy day into a box of awesomeness.