Chapter 17

Black & White

Donghae’s POV

I stared out of my bedroom window, watching how beautiful the moon shone brightly on the night sky.

Oh, moon.  You shine so bright…

Oh, moon.  Lightening up the night…

Oh, moo—

I shook my head and leaned back on my bed.  It’s not true that everyone becomes a poet when they’re in love.  I’ve just proven it.

 

And yes, I said ‘love’.  Thanks to Eunhyuk and his unintentional gestures which made my heart twist and turn a million times in the speed of light, I have been tortured by this giddy, mushy feeling lately.  And without being aware of it, I finally realized I didn’t just like him…I love him.

 

‘But I still like you, though’

His words repeated in my head and I can feel another blush creeping on my face.  I could feel the butterflies having a party of a lifetime on my stomach.  And not to mention, my heart probably had abs by now due to all the leaping and extra beating it has done these past few days.

I bit my lip in order to suppress the smile.  I knew I looked like a love-struck teenage girl, and I was thankful that Heechul-hyung did not barge into my room to witness it.

Eunhyuk probably meant it in a friendly way so I shouldn’t really think too much into it, but hearing the words ‘like’ and ‘you’ together coming from him was enough to send me to heaven.

Or hell.

Whichever.

 

After a few more muffled screams on the pillow, I decided to head downstairs to find a distraction.  Since luck seemed to be looking favorably at me, glued to a drama on TV was Heechul-hyung.

“Hyuuunggg~” I squeezed myself beside him, and judging from the glare I received, I was doing a good job on irritating him.

After pushing me away and ignoring me afterwards, he went back to concentrate on the drama.  Feeling neglected, I pouted and slowly scooted closer at him, hoping he’d notice.

But he didn’t.

Ignoring me was probably one of his talents.

“Hyuuuunggg~” I poked him lightly, not too much since I might end up in the ICU if I’m not careful.

Nope, still not moving.

“Heechul-hyuuuunnngggg~~”

With one final nudge, he turned to me.

“AISH!  What is it again?!  Haven’t we had our ‘hyung time’ last time?  I’m not doing it again anytime soon.” He screeched while pushing me away, roughly this time.

Feeling successful at bothering him, I retreated back to the other side of the sofa with a victorious smile etched on my lips.  I just cheated death.

For some strange reason, I always found Heechul-hyung’s eccentricities to be a good source of comfort and distraction.

 

I opted to just watch the drama in silence, just to keep myself occupied.  And just for fun, perhaps I could also get a ‘sign’ from the heavens on how to deal with my lame romance.

 

‘I like you, I like you, like you till I feel ridiculous.  In my eyes there is only you…’

 

The moment I realized what was happening on the screen, I regretted asking for a ‘sign’.

It was the confession scene.

 

..--..--..

“What are you guys doing here?” I stared at the wide grins of Henry, Kyuhyun, and Siwon, standing in front of my doorstep on a Saturday morning.

“Why are you acting too surprised?  We’d always visit you randomly before.” Siwon teased before walking past me and heading towards our living room, followed by the other two.

Honestly, I wouldn’t have minded, however, it just so happened that I was on the way out to meet Eunhyuk and Sungmin at the mall.

“Why are you dressed up?  Are you heading somewhere?”  I looked up from my phone, in the middle of cancelling my plan, and racked my brains for a reply.

Just lie.  Damn it.

“Ahh…Not rea—“

“Donghae-ah, I thought you’re heading out?” Heechul came down from the stairs, unaware of the three guests in their house. “Ah, siwon-ah!  Aren’t you guys supposed to meet at the mall?”

Crap.

“Are you supposed to meet someone at the mall today?” Siwon asked in surprise.  Suddenly, my phone rang, indicating that I just received a message.  I knew it would be from Eunhyuk so I quickly hid my phone behind me…which was a dumb thing to do since it only made me look more suspicious.

“Are you hiding something from us, Lee Donghae?” Siwon slowly walked towards me in a predator-like stance.  I could feel the cold sweat trickling down the back of my nape while I watched him approach.

My brain was totally malfunctioning from the probing stare that Siwon was giving me.

What to do?  What to do?  What to doasgdfjashgdfashdg—

“AISH!”

Our attention was suddenly diverted towards the annoyed Kyuhyun.  I was silently thanking him for the diversion, but at the same time, I used the short pause in coming up with a good lie.

“You just received my message now?!  I texted you a while ago to cancel our appointment at the mall.” Kyuhyun sighed while I remained speechless.

Uhm…what?

“You guys we’re supposed to meet at the mall today?” Siwon now raised his eyebrows at the ‘acting kyu’.

We were?

“Yup.  I texted hyung yesterday to accompany me in buying a new game.  I forgot that we we’re supposed to surprise him today.” Kyuhyun said casually, and I immediately got the hint.  I HAD to buy the new game for him in lieu of his saving prowess.

 

..--..--..

I felt a bit saddened at the fact that I couldn’t meet Eunhyuk today.  And to make it worse, he was with Sungmin!

…alright, maybe I shouldn’t be jealous of Sungmin, since the guy obviously had dibs on Kyuhyun.  But I can’t accept the thought of him being waaaaaaay too clingy on ‘MY’ Hyukkie.

 

-Flashback-

*Beep*

Eunhyuk glanced at his phone and read the new message.  After a few seconds, I saw a small smile playing at his lips and he started typing a reply.  After sending the message, he finally looked up at me and smiled wider.

“It’s Sungmin.  He’s asking to meet me at the mall tomorrow.”

“Why?” Believe me, I was trying my best not to sound like a possessive lover…or in this case, a possessive friend.

“He said he was lonely.” He shrugged.

Without much thought, I blurted out “I’m lonely, too.  Tell him I’m coming.”

-End of flashback-

 

It had been exactly 4 hours, 32 minutes, and 28 seconds since my friends decided to trespass my humble abode.  And not just that, it was also the same amount of time that Eunhyuk was probably spending with Sungmin.

What could they possibly be doing now?

“What are you mumbling there, fishy?” Siwon teased while squeezing me on the couch; a gesture which reminded me so much of Eunhyuk.  If Siwon only had the same strawberry scent that Eunhyuk seemed to be perpetually wrapped in, I would’ve jumped at the guy that very instant.

That sounded wrong, Donghae

“Anyway, I can’t stay long.  We’re having dinner with some relatives today.”  Siwon frowned before checking his reflection out from one of the vases.  One thing about Siwon was that he wasn’t too keen on his family affairs.  I figured it’s because he hated wearing suits, which suited him by the way…ignore the pun.

“Isn’t it a bit too early for ‘dinner’?” I questioned, not really caring that much since I was totally preoccupied by my anxiety on the “Eunmin’ tandem.  “Yeah, but you know how very particular my mom is when it comes to these things.  Anyway, see you guys tomorrow.” And with that, he left.

 

Since Kyuhyun was busy pawning Henry at wii, and Henry was busy distracting the other, I decided to take a short nap to relax my mentally exhausted mind.  At least it would kill a few minutes of my time worrying over Eunhyuk and Sungmin….

“Hyung.”

What now?

I hesitantly opened my eyes, wondering what Henry wanted to whine about this time.

“I know something.”

“Oh yeah?  What?” I lazily replied, closing my eyes once again.

“You like Eunhyuk-ssi, right?”

I quickly bolted up from the couch and stared wide-eyed at the two smirking idiots in front of me.

Why does everyone seem to know already?!


Chapter 17 =_=

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR COMMENTS!  They're very helpful for me!
And to the new subscribers and readers, please don't hesitate to tell me what you think!  I appreciate everything you guys say!
You can literally post a "dot", and I'd be smling the entire day!  You have no idea how much I love you guys.
Anyway, I'll be updating the next chapter soon..probably early this morning (if I wake up early), since I don't think this chapter is enough.  THANK YOU again and I LOVE YOU!