Chapter 10

Black & White

As expected, there were tons of visitors from outside school who had managed to join in on the festival.

The opening activities were a success, and all that was left for the student council to do were to make frequent round trips just to check on how things were doing or to man the information booth.  Other than that, they were basically free to enjoy the festival.

“Excuse me…”

Donghae looked up from the PSP that he borrowed/stole from Kyuhyun and gave a polite smile.

“I-Is this the way to the…to the…uhm…” the girl, who was obviously dazed at Donghae, stuttered continuously.  “Are you asking for the way to the comfort rooms?” Donghae finally finished the question for her.  This has happened several times already, to the point that he has already gotten accustomed to it.  Not that he liked it, anyway.  “It’s on the left side once you walked past the horror booth.”

The girl quickly scurried away with a nod, leaving Donghae back to his game again.

What?!  Game over??!

“Uhm…excuse me… uhm…”

He hesitantly looked up and pulled out a forced polite smile.  “Let me guess.  Comfort rooms?”

The girl nodded, not even trying to hide her blush.

Once again, it was a repeat scene of a stuttering love-struck girl being entertained by the ever-so-polite Donghae.

 

“This is what I like about festivals…they sell Chinese food!” Henry exclaimed happily before poking his chopsticks on a plate of stinky tofu (A/n: don’t ask me.  Based on SJM shows, he likes that).

“The best part of this festival would be the final night…of course it’s because I’d be performing with the drama club.”  Siwon, who had been nonexistent for the past few days, bragged.  Because it had been days since he last ate with his friends, they decided to let him go with his boasting…well, everyone aside from Kyuhyun. “What are you talking about?  The highlight would definitely be my solo.”

“Yeah right.  You’re only performing for one song.”

“Yup.  One song which happens to be the ‘theme song’ of the entire play.”

“Oh yeah…and it only lasts for what?  4 minutes?”

“Five.  Its five minutes of solo and several more minutes of singing on some parts of the play.  It wouldn’t be the theme song if I just had to sing it one time, right?”

“But then it w—“

Before Siwon could continue, his words were cut off by the presence of an unexpected person.

“Siwon-ssi.”

They all turned to face Eunhyuk.  He sported his usual cold stare, enough to bring goose bumps to Donghae.

“What do you want?” Siwon snarled with a glare which didn’t faze the blonde in the least.

“Practices started 15 minutes ago.  If you weren’t busy idling around, you should have noticed that.”

Siwon quickly glanced at his watch and uttered an almost inaudible gasp.  Without even looking back, Eunhyuk walked off with Siwon following quickly towards the practice area.

It’s been a while since Donghae had seen the cold Eunhyuk at school.  He was used to being with the normal Eunhyuk too much that he’d forgotten this side of his friend existed.

 

Nevertheless, the entire two days of the festival had gone smoothly, without any more encounters between Siwon and Eunhyuk.  He had also successfully attended all the clubs that managed to invite him.  Needless to say, Donghae should be feeling successful…but since he was too busy with the festival, and so was Eunhyuk, he hasn’t been able to see the guy ever since.  And right now, he could only look forward to the performance night.

 

Donghae’s POV

I fidgeted on my seat, glancing at my watch for the nth time that day.

6:38 PM

The performances for the final night would be starting at 7, which leaves me with 22 minutes of more fidgeting.  The suspense was killing me. No matter how much I wanted to run towards the backstage and show my support to the performers, I couldn’t simply leave my post at the booth.

6:40 PM

I sighed.  Could the time get any more slower?  I glanced around, jealous of the people who were already making their way towards the stage area.  I could even hear sound feedbacks from the speakers and microphones while the stage crew prepared for the show from a distance.

The anticipation was leaving me sweaty, and it wasn’t even hot.

Should I text him goodluck?

He wouldn’t be able to read it anyway.

Nor would he be replying…

Aish!

I finally gave in to a small impulse of mine and grabbed my phone, typing a short ‘good luck’ before sending it to a specific person.

He would most likely ignore it, but I couldn’t care less.

6:58 PM

I had already dashed towards the stage, not even bothering to check if the booth was left neatly.


Chapter 10 =_=

Thank you for the comments!  I'm glad to know your thoughts regarding the story!  And if there's still anything you want to tell me, you guys can always post on my wall, comment here, or private message me.  I don't bite!  And you guys can be completely blunt with me,  too! >o<

I'll be posting the next chapter later before the day ends...please look forward to it!  THANK YOU VERY MUCH!