Chapter 15

Black & White

Donghae’s POV

“Hyukkie~” I cringed at Sungmin’s aegyo towards Eunhyuk.  I knew it was a bad idea to let him come with me.  Not only was he too clingy with Eunhyuk, the bunny guy had also been busy convincing him to wear the huge pink bowtie that he brought along.

“Come on.  All you have to do is wear this bowtie…” Eunhyuk glared suspiciously at him.  We both know Sungmin’s requests don’t end there.

“Just wear this bowtie for a short second…and strike a pose for my camera.” Sungmin smiled sheepishly while Eunhyuk groaned in frustration.

“No way.”

After being rejected for the nth time, Sungmin finally gave up and just wore the bowtie himself and sulked on the corner.

Honestly, I looked forward to seeing Eunhyuk wearing it…but I had to mind my heart.  Seeing him in that situation could potentially kill me.

 

I decided to ignore the sulking aegyo king and focused on enjoying the strawberry cookie that I was eating.

Somehow, I’ve progressed to liking strawberries ever since my mind started associating them to Eunhyuk.

“I didn’t know you liked strawberry cookies so much.” Sungmin peeked from behind me, completely recovered from Eunhyuk’s rejection.  “I wonder why?”

I didn’t catch the tone of his voice but decided to ignore it.  Besides, I couldn’t possibly tell him the exact reason why I was enjoying strawberries so much.

Just then, Eunhyuk moved from his seat and slumped himself beside me.

Dangerously close to me, I might add.

Instead of sitting on the side where there was more space left, he managed to squeeze himself on the side that I occupied, causing electricity to run through my body every time his skin would rub against my own.  He was too close for comfort, and it wasn’t helping my heart to calm down.

“Fishy, you’re ears are red.  Are you feeling sick?” Sungmin asked innocently from behind me.  Wait, we’re talking about Lee Sungmin here!  Innocence was never in his dictionary!  I knew he was revealing my embarrassment on purpose.

Aish, Kyu’s evil aura is rubbing off on him now.

“N-no…I mean, Yeah!  I think so…”  I stuttered, only making me look more suspicious. “I think I should go home and rest.” I stood up to leave but Eunhyuk had somehow pulled me back to the seat.  Before I could even protest, he held out his hand and touched my forehead to check my temperature.  Hiding my blush right now would be completely pointless, but it never changed the fact that the situation was beyond awkward for me.

“You’re a bit febrile.  Should I accompany you home?” he asked with concern while I shook my head vigorously.  “N-no…I’m fine.” I had managed to pull away from his grasp and walked over to the door.  I can’t help but notice the mischievous glint in Sungmin’s eyes, and I could only pray it was only because of the lighting.  After a quick goodbye, I left Eunhyuk’s house, and escaped another potential heart attack.

But not for long.

“Fishy~”

Oh god, what now?!

I turned around to see Sungmin catching up to me.  Should I run for my life and sanity?

Although it sounded tempting, I decided against it and waited patiently for the bunny guy, who was now panting heavily from all the running.  When he had finally regained his breath, he stood up and gave a smile, scarily similar to Heechul-hyung’s.  I hated that smile.

“Let’s hang out for a while.  I’ll treat you to ice cream.” He didn’t even wait for my answer and instead, pulled me towards a small convenience store.

 

“You like Eunhyuk, right?”

I rolled my eyes.  Why did I even think that after denying and ignoring him countless of times, he would finally take the hint?  However, I can’t help but wonder if maybe I AM too obvious with my feelings.

Well, I wasn’t exactly successful in hiding my blush earlier…

“If you deny it now, I swear I’m telling Eunhyuk.”

I choked in surprise.  I looked fearfully at Sungmin’s sly smile

“I…uhh…”  The idea of dismissing him again was now thrown out the window.

“Go and confess.”

“WHAT?!” I stared in shock at him, who smiled innocently.  I shook my head wildly, causing me to get a bit dizzy, “No way.  Impossible.”

“Why not?  Who knows, he might feel the same way.”

A small glint of hope flashed before me, I could practically hear the angels singing ‘hallelujah’!

“Is he into guys?”

“No.”

I frowned.  Screw the false hope.  Screw the angel choir.  Screw my pathetic infatuation.  There was absolutely no way things between us would progress.

“But he might just turn gay for you.  Last time I checked, you were straight before you met him, too.”

I rolled my eyes at him before pouting in both annoyance and frustration.

“Aigoo…you’re too cute!  Hold on, I need to capture this moment!” And before I could stop him, he had already taken a picture of me through his phone and made it into his new wallpaper.

“Your pout is almost the same as Eunhyuk’s.  Aigoo~” he kept staring at the picture while I frowned.

Sometimes I still wonder how Eunhyuk and Sungmin even became close.

“Anyway, just don’t tell him about this.  I don’t want him to be burdened…or disgusted.”

“He wouldn’t be like that.” Sungmin frowned.

“Well, maybe he won’t…but what I’m feeling isn’t that easy to accept, especially when you’re straight.  Just imagine Kyuhyun telling you that he likes you!”

Sungmin’s eyes literally glowed at the hypothetical situation.

“…err…never mind.” I shook my head at him and finally stood up from my seat.  “Just DON’T tell him, okay?  I’m begging you.”

I immediately regretted even asking him.  In a second, the humongous pink bow tie had managed to appear once again, and judging from the sly smile Sungmin was wearing…I knew it would end up in my head soon.

 

“Just so you know, Eunhyuk’s been getting a lot more confessions lately.  Who knows, one of them might just catch his interest, and you’ve just lost your chance.”

I froze.

 


Chapter 15 =_=

Early update today since I might not be able to post later...
Anyhow, I'm just dragging the story a bit longer than planned.  Hope you guys still stay with me. kkk~
 
I'm incredibly happy with the new subscribers.  I can't believe I'm still getting more even after 10+ chapters...
And thank you for being very vocal regarding your views on the story.  It really helps a lot!
Once again, THANK YOU my lovely readers!  See you on the next update!>3<