Chapter 14

Black & White

Donghae’s POV

Once again, I felt that everything was back to normal.  I could walk through the halls in peace, not already preoccupied by thought of how to avoid certain people.

I’ve also come to terms with how to deal with my feelings for Eunhyuk.  I don’t plan on confessing to him.  It may have crossed my mind but I knew it could only end badly.

Eunhyuk only sees me as a friend…and that’s how we would be.

Friends.

 

“Donghae!” Siwon called my attention and immediately hang his arm around my shoulder.

“You seem happy today.  I’m glad you’re back to normal.”

Henry also managed to tackle me due to being overexcited at seeing me back.  Kyuhyun, on the other hand, remained aloof, but his small gesture of patting my back didn’t remain unnoticed.

“Why are you guys acting like I’ve been gone for years?” I laughed at them while pushing the reluctant Henry off.  “I don’t want to let go, hyung!  You might run away again!”

I just gave up and tried my best to grab my stuff from my locker with him, literally hanging off my arm.

Just then, the regular morning shrieks have started.  And I was glad that, after the past couple of days, I didn’t mind the sounds just as much.

Wait a minute.

Is that girl trying to hold on to Eunhyuk’s arm?!

I halted from grabbing my book and stared at the girl.  She was slowly inching her hand towards Eunhyuk’s arm, and if it weren’t for the tiny amount of self-control that I had, she would’ve been dead at that instant.  But then, I couldn’t possibly do that so I just limited myself to throwing poisonous glares at the bunch of girls who were ridiculously close to Eunhyuk.

Don’t you dare touch him.

I was already straining my eyes from over-glaring.  Finally, I exhaled a breath of relief when Eunhyuk threw a threatening glare at them, telling them not to go any closer.  For once, I appreciated his cold personality at school.

 

..--..--..

“I heard a hoobae confessed to you this morning.  Don’t tell me you rejected it again.” Henry frowned at his rhetorical question.  He didn’t really need to ask to know how the confession turned out.

Donghae had always rejected confessions even before, simply because he still wasn’t interested in having a relationship…but this time, the reason was completely different.  He couldn’t even bear thinking of dating someone else other than Eunhyuk.

But of course, that was impossible…so he might as well accept the fact that he’ll just grow old and wrinkly, forever alone in his life.

“Wasn’t it during middle school when you last went out with a girl?”

Donghae ignored Henry, still feeling miserable at his thoughts. Forever alone.

“There are a lot of girls who’d sacrifice their kidneys just to be with you!  How come you’re still complacent?” Henry flailed his arms around in exasperation, but Donghae remained trapped in his own thoughts. Forever alone.

“Don’t mind him.  He’s probably switched to the ‘other side’.” Kyuhyun finally pitched in.  Surprisingly, he seemed to find the conversation more interesting than his game.

“What ‘other side’?” Henry asked innocently, causing Kyuhyun’s evil smirk to widen.

“Hyung may have finally ‘shifted gears’.”

“I still don’t get you.” Henry frowned before dismissing the thought. “Anyway, what I’m saying is, hyung should really get a girlfriend.”

This time, Donghae had finally listened in to the conversation, but remained to be unaffected until Kyuhyun spoke again.

“Maybe what hyung wants is a boyfriend.”

Donghae’s eyes had widened as round as saucer plates, and his throat had clogged up from the shock, making him unable to defend himself.  Not that he could deny it.

Kyuhyun, who felt that his job was done, turned back to his game.  Henry, on the other hand, still hadn’t let go of the topic.  When he finally understood everything, he just faced back at Donghae, who was now silently hoping for spontaneous combustion.  Thankfully, Siwon wasn’t there to add to the pressure.

“Hyung, I don’t care if you like a girl or a guy just as long as you’re happy.” Henry said with conviction.

And it was enough to make Donghae stare at him in amazement.  He wasn’t expecting Henry to be so accepting of the matter.  It somehow made him relieved that when the time comes for him to tell his friends about his feelings towards Eunhyuk, Henry wouldn’t be an issue.  And Kyuhyun…probably wouldn’t care.

“You should really find someone soon.  You look emotionally barren.” Henry teased while Donghae awkwardly laughed.

 

..--..--..

Donghae’s POV

“Congratulations.” Sungmin patted my back triumphantly.  I had randomly decided to visit Kyuhyun to talk to him about the conversation we had at school earlier only to find Sungmin already hanging out at his house.  Turns out, when the bunny guy was not at Eunhyuk’s house or at anybody’s house for the matter, he’s most likely to be found at Kyu’s.  All he does at his own home was sleep and on some occasions, eat.  To put it simply, Sungmin is a perfect epitome of a nomad.

“Thanks, but for what exactly?” I asked stupidly, although I could already sense that I wouldn’t like the conversation.

“Kyuhyun told me Henry approves.” Sungmin chirped happily.  I raised my eyebrows at him, not really from confusion, but more on annoyance.  I’m pretty sure he was up to something.

“Since your friends approve.  You can now confess your undying love for my Hyukkie.”

I glared at him.  Did he just call him ‘my Hyukkie’?

I can always deny or ignore his teasing. Calling Eunhyuk by his nickname wasn’t an issue either, but I can never accept him claiming Eunhyuk as his.

He’s mine!  I tell you!  MINE.  What part of M-I-N-E do you not get? Huh?!

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“What’s with that look?  You look like you’re cursing him to the depths of hell.” Kyuhyun pulls away Sungmin from my not-so-friendly stares, while the bunny guy took out his phone.  “Don’t take pictures of him now, Minnie.” The younger warned, causing the aegyo king to sulk in his arms.

“Then how about a picture of you?” Sungmin asked Kyu hopefully.

“No.”

“Kyuuu~~”

I smirked at the scene.  Knowing Kyuhyun, he wouldn’t fall for these aegyos easily.

“Fine.”

Or not.

 

“You two should go out.” I teased, knowing perfectly that they’ll both be embarrassed by it.

“See, Kyu!  I told you Donghae wouldn’t mind!”

Or not.

Scratch that.  I don’t even wanna know what is going on between these two.

Sensing that there was no way I could talk to Kyuhyun about the matter, I decided to just leave and save myself from wasting another minute on their relentless bickering.

“Wait, where are you going?”

“Eunhyuk’s.”  I answered, although I wish I hadn’t.  Before I knew it, Sungmin had tagged along with me.


Chapter 14 =_=

I don't remember updating today...and I didn't bother checking either. 
By the way, I enjoyed all your comments regarding Jessica. kkk~  Her appearance here was actually very random.
 
Anyhow, here's chapter 14 beacuse I love you guys very much!  THANK YOU AGAIN for supporting this fic! >w<
Not much progress here, though.  What do you think?