Chapter 16

Black & White

Donghae observed carefully each girl, and guy, who followed Eunhyuk.  He scrutinized their every detail, noting the positive and negative points of each person.

Truth be told, he was burning with jealousy.

If what Sungmin told him was true, then there was a high possibility that one of those pesky fans could catch Eunhyuk’s interest.

Now that he’s actually paid attention to them, he can’t help but feel more depressed.

How could he over-look the fact that Eunhyuk wasn’t only surrounded by random girls…those girls just so happened to be gorgeous themselves.  Donghae had hand-picked those whom he considered to be average, and those whom he felt were over-caked with make-up…but in the end, there were still quite a handful of pretty girls in the lot.

 

On one hand, he should be thankful that he still found girls attractive.  It means he’s not entirely gay.

But on the other hand, seeing them only made him feel inferior.

Screw the other guys who also fawned over Eunhyuk.  They can all cry together in defeat.

However, there was only one thing that kept him still on his toes.

It was the fact that Eunhyuk didn’t seem to pay special attention to anyone of them.

 

Then again, Eunhyuk’s life wasn’t limited to those fans.  He could meet someone who didn’t belong in his ‘active’ fans.  Or maybe he didn’t fancy dating a fan at all.  And it only caused Donghae to feel more helpless than before.

He was not just against a crowd of fans…he was already against the entire population of their school.

Hold on, what if Eunhyuk meets someone outside of school?

Great.  Now Donghae was against the entire population of Korea.

And don’t even get him started on thinking about Eunhyuk meeting foreigners.

 

..--..--..

“Eunhyuk-ah.  Do you plan on dating anyone soon?” Donghae’s straightforward words almost caused the blonde to spurt out his strawberry milk.

“Date?” he asked again for clarification while the younger just nodded with a stern look.

“Uhm…I don’t know. Maybe?”

*crash*

Eunhyuk turned to look at the spilled carton of banana milk on the floor before looking back up at the dumbfounded Donghae. “You spilled your drink.”

“W-what?” Donghae stuttered dumbly while his hands gripped on the nonexistent drink.

Eunhyuk watched in amusement as realization slowly dawned on the younger’s face.

“You spilled your drink.  Go buy another one.” He pointed towards the vending machine at the corner of the road.  He wouldn’t be paying, of course.

 

The both of them happened to meet each other on the way out of the school gates.  With a single look, they both understood that they’ll be walking together towards Eunhyuk’s house once they’re a few kilometers away from school.

 

“How about you?”

“Huh?” Donghae stared dumbly at Eunhyuk, now sipping at his new carton of banana milk.

“Do you plan on dating anyone soon?” Eunhyuk asked casually, oblivious to the choking guy beside him.

 

Donghae’s POV

After cleaning up my mess and calming down my rapid heartbeat, making sure that my blush had subsided, I finally faced him with the best neutral face I could muster.

“No, I don’t think I would.” Not if it wasn’t you.

“What do you mean you wouldn’t?  Do you plan to go to priesthood?!”

Priesthood?!!

“What?!  No.” I frowned and watched as Eunhyuk laughed heartily at me.

I could only sigh at everything.  Here I was, telling the guy I like that I probably won’t be dating anyone because of him, and he just laughs at me.  FML. Maybe I should really enter priesthood for my martyrdom…or idiocy.  I don’t know.

“Don’t you like anyone?”

I felt my breath hitch in my throat.  I quickly turned to face him and saw that he wasn’t as fixated to the question as I thought he would be.  Thankfully it was already getting dark so I had no problems with hiding the new blush I’m sporting.

But then, how was I supposed to answer?  If I said yes, would he be asking who it is?  If I said no, would it seem so strange?

My internal debate was interrupted by him again.

“I like someone.”

Cue the heartbreak.

“…oh…” my voice shook a little, but it was hard controlling it when you’re feeling as ty as I am.

“Yup.  I like you.” He faced me with a wide gummy smile placed across his lips.  I swear I just died and lived again.

I faced him fully, watching his smile shine through me, before shaking my head.

“Don’t say that.”

“What?  Why not?  I really like you.”

“I know.  And you like Sungmin, too.  And also Shindong, Junsu, Yunho, Changmin…” I sighed

“Well, yeah.” He chuckled a bit before looking back at the road.

 

I had been expecting it, but it doesn’t mean it doesn’t hurt in the least.  But on the positive note, at least he likes me.

Just like how he likes Sungmin…and Shindong…and Junsu…an—

ALRIGHT!  I GET IT.

I mentally sighed at how my thoughts weren’t helping me at all.  If not, they we’re only making me feel worse.

I looked up, only to realize we we’re already in front of his house.  After he had pressed the doorbell, without even turning to face me, he suddenly spoke.

 

“But I still like you, though.”


Chapter 16 =_=

Short update today.  You guys have been wanting to know how Hyuk feels...unfortunately, I don't think I'll be posting his POV in the entire story.>_<

 

I'm actually a bit uneasy with the development of the story.  So if you'd like to say anything about this chap or the story in general, just tell me, ayt?

 

 
THANK YOU again and again and again to the readers, subscribers, and commenters!  You make me smile, kkk~