Chapter 1

Black & White

Mr. Taxi, Taxi, Taxi soutou jeukshi jeukshi jeukshi

Oitsukenai supiido de

Nee tsuite ko reru no?

 

“Mr. Taxi, taxi, taxi~” Donghae hums as he walked past the pile of students across the hallways of his beloved school.

It was a perfect day for him.  He woke up early for once, had a decent breakfast, and still had time to kill before his first class.

Making a bee line to his locker, he smiled at the random people who greeted him along the way.  They were mostly strangers, but who cares?  He was happy as a clam and couldn’t care less if he was singing along a very girly song.

“Good morning, sunbae…” a small girl nervously greeted before scurrying away right before he could acknowledge back.

 

“Aish, my fishy, as popular as always…”

Donghae ignored the teasing of his friend and went on with his business on his locker.

“Good morning, sunbaes!” Another group of girls greeted the both of them before giggling away.

Donghae has long been used to his friend’s popularity.  After all, Siwon was not only the current student council president and one of the top ranked student’s in school, he also has the looks and body that could make any girl drool and guys envy.

As for him, he was simply the guy next to the ‘Shisus’…

 

“Good morning, Donghae-oppa~” a girl winked at him

 

Or not.

 

Actually, as much as he denied or ignored it, he was also popular among the girls at their school.  Although he may not exactly be as popular as Siwon, but he wasn’t someone to be ignored either.

 

After grabbing everything that he needed, he motioned to his friend to start heading to their room when a sudden shriek caught their attention.  Turning to where the commotion was only lead them to a certain person, walking casually amidst the pool of screaming fan girls…and boys.

 

Lee Hyukjae

 

The ‘prince’ of SM High School whose popularity exceeded both Donghae and Siwon’s combined.

He was the school’s shining jewel, earning him the name ‘Eunhyuk, where only his close friends could address him by his real name.  He has always been outstanding in whatever he does, whether it comes to academics, sports, or any particular activity he decides to try, no wonder the whole school seems to be entranced by him.

It’s understandable, though.  The guy simply stood out anywhere effortlessly.  He did not only posses the looks, brains, body, and talent…he was practically the whole package of a perfect guy.

 

…If it weren’t for his personality.

 

 “Yah! Get your hands off me.” Eunhyuk roughly pushed away one of the girls from the crowd who dared to cling onto him and entered his room without even looking back.

The crowd immediately fell silent, including Donghae and Siwon who were left in shock at the ‘coldness’ of the jewel guy.

“Aish, that guy really is too much.” Siwon sighed before approaching to calm down the humiliated girl.

 


 

 

..--..--..

“Hey, hyung!  What are you staring at?” Henry snapped his fingers in front of Donghae to distract him from his trance-like state. The whole time they were at the cafeteria, Donghae had been out of it.

“I just don’t get it.”

“Don’t get what?”

“Hyukjae.”

“Hyukjae?” Henry looks puzzled for a while “Ah, you mean Eunhyuk-ssi.”

Donghae simply nodded while Henry beamed proudly before frowning again in confusion.

“What about Eunhyuk-ssi?”

“Don’t you think it’s strange?  I mean…Just look at him!” Donghae pointed towards the table where Eunhyuk and his friends ate.

“Uhm… he’s eating silently?” Henry says in confusion, “Oh wait!  He’s eating human food!  You’re right, hyung!  He’s not an alien!” he grinned earning a snort to escape from Kyuhyun, who had been silently concentrated on his game.

“You wouldn’t understand.” Donghae sighed in defeat before changing the topic and turning to Siwon, “Anyway, how are the preparations for the upcoming festival?  Do you need help?”

“Hmm…no.” Siwon shrugged and went back to his food while Donghae frowned at his answer.

“Yah!  Why are you handling all the activities by yourself again?” “I’m not!  It’s all just planning between me and the faculty right now.”  Siwon defended while avoiding the kicks from Donghae. “In fact, I’m planning on calling for a meeting once the real preparation starts.” At this, Donghae finally calmed down knowing that Siwon won’t be overworking himself again for the student council activities.

“I just need to hand out these forms to all the class representatives today.” He pointed towards a small stack of papers beside him. “Then I’ll help!” Donghae shouted excitedly while Siwon nodded, knowing that there was no way to turn down his friend.

 

..--..--..

“Alright, 1-A Minho…check! 1-B Seohyun, 1-C Yuri, and 1-D Key…done!” Donghae smiled while eyeing the list on Siwon’s organizer. “You can mark 2-C, too.  I’ll just hand it to Taeyeon later.” The tall guy added, “…and stop doodling fishes on my organizer!”

Donghae flashed a sheepish grin but continued with his art, “Alright, I already took the one for 2-B, and I’ve handed 2-D class’ form to Kyu.  Leave those for the sunbaes to me, I’ll just hand it to my hyung at home.” And with that, he made the final to his new nemo drawing.

Siwon laughed before heading towards the room of the last class representative they needed.

With a sly smile, Siwon peeked inside the room, “Is Eunhyuk-ssi here?”

Gasps were heard as soon as they noticed the two guys standing at the door.  One particular girl nodded robotically before pointing a shaking finger towards the corner of the room.  Donghae swore she was drooling.

Exactly in the far corner of the room sat Eunhyuk, surrounded by his friends who were discussing animatedly.  As soon as Siwon and Donghae reached them, they stopped the discussion and turned their attention to what the two had to say.  Even the room has turned silent with the exception of a few murmurs.  Everyone knew that Siwon and Eunhyuk don’t get along very well.

“Eunhyuk-ssi, these are the class forms for 2-A.  You’re supposed to fill it out and submit it back to me on or before Wednesday.” Siwon laid down the small stack of papers in front of Eunhyuk who stared at it blankly.  “Hey, are you even listening?” Donghae could see that his friend’s patience was getting shorter by the moment.  “Yah, Lee Hyukjae!” the taller man’s voice escalated. Donghae instinctively placed a hand on his friend’s shoulder in an attempt to calm him down.  By now, the room had completely turned silent as people eyed the small scene in front of them.

Sungmin, one of Eunhyuk’s friends decided to finally step in, “Uhm, you just have to fill out these forms, right?” Donghae nodded in reply. “You’ll have it by Wednesday.” The bunny guy grabbed the stack and placed it on his table.

Siwon gave a short sigh before dragging Donghae out of the room without another word.

Donghae made a final glance at the group of friends to see Sungmin whispering something to Eunhyuk.

 

It had always puzzled Donghae how Eunhyuk’s friends could still stick to him.  He wasn’t exactly… friendly?  Or sociable, and he believed that the scene earlier proved it.  So why were Sungmin and the others still willing to be by his side?


First chapter is finally out. =_=