Chapter 4

Black & White

The whole morning was routinary apart from the added fan-girling brought by the presence of the higher batch.  Since the school gave high importance to the preparation for university exams, they made sure to place the seniors in a separate building to maintain an atmosphere conducive for studying.  Therefore, it wasn’t everyday that the seniors could be seen walking around in the lower batches’ building.

 

“Donghae-ah!” Leeteuk called towards the boy standing by the lockers, who turned to him in surprise.

“Leeteuk-hyung!” the younger guy waved excitedly at his sunbae.

“Heechul gave me the class forms.  Today’s the deadline, right?” the older gave a dimpled smile before handing out a thick piece of envelope. “I’ve already gathered all the forms from the seniors so you and Siwon wouldn’t be troubled.”

“Thanks, hyung.  By the way, where’s heechul-hyung?” Donghae searched for his older brother among the seniors that were being ogled by the lower years.

“Aish, your hyung is being a diva as usual.  He’s in the building lobby with Hankyung… enjoying the attention he’s getting.” Leeteuk rolled his eyes while Donghae laughed.

“Whoa, Heenim’s dongsaeng!  Annyong, little fishy!” Kangin walked over and ruffled the younger’s hair as soon as he freed himself from the crowd.  “Have you found yourself a girlfriend, yet?” he teased while Leeteuk gave him a disapproving look, causing the big guy to shut up.

“Don’t mind him.  Anyway, we should head back to our building now.  Say hi to the others for us.” Leeteuk smiled before nudging Kangin to leave.  “I could set you up for a date.”  Kangin winked before he was dragged away by Leeteuk along with the other seniors.

 

..--..--..

Kyuhyun slumped on his seat at the cafeteria.  While it wasn’t unusual for him to be silent, everyone found it rare to see the gamekyu without his game console in his hands during break.  Not to mention, he was busy casting an evil glare at Siwon.  Before Donghae could question him, Siwon suddenly spoke.

“Did you miss your starcraft game last night because of me?” the tall guy flashed an all-knowing teasing smirk while the pale guy continued to sulk.

“What did the both of you do last night?” Donghae asked out of curiosity. “That sounded dirty, hyung.” Henry laughed between his bites at his sandwich, but the older decided to ignore it.

“I went to Kyu’s house last night to make sure he finished the class forms.” Siwon answered plainly

“I was going to finish it!” Kyuhyun defended, only making Siwon roll his eyes in return, “Yah!  You still had more than half of them undone last night, but you were already glued to your game!  Zhou mi was even the one who did the few finished ones.”

“He was willing.”

“Yes.  And you were taking advantage him.”

“I didn’t force him to do it.  I’m just…open.”

“Hyung, that sounded dirty.” Henry commented again, earning a smack from Siwon.

“Anyway, Donghae-ah, can you hand the forms to Onew later?  I’d probably be stuck in another meeting this afternoon.”

“Yeah, sure.” Donghae nodded.

 

..--..--..

Donghae decided to stay at the student council room to arrange the forms that he’s gathered.

So far I’ve collected all the seniors’ forms, Kyuhyun’s, Yuri and Seohyun’s…who else?

Yup, Minho and Key already handed theirs…

He stared back at the pile of paper scattered across the desk, thankful that he made the decision to label each according to class.

Taeyeon already gave hers to Siwon…so that means I’m left with one…

Suddenly the doors opened causing him to almost fall from his chair in surprise.  Sungmin suddenly peeked in, glancing around the room.  Once he noticed that Donghae was alone, the bunny guy grinned and tiptoed inside the room.

“You need this for today, right?” He handed a small envelope with a wink before turning to leave.

Donghae stared at the door before glancing back at the envelope in his hands.  Out of curiosity, he opened the envelope and marveled at the neat handwriting on the class forms of 2-A.

Sungmin did a really good job at this.

 

..--..--..

Heechul had Hangeng come over, so they were both occupying the couch, watching a lame horror film.  Donghae, being the youngest in the lot, was forced by the hyungs to prepare dinner.  And just as expected, he was also left to do the dishes.

After finishing his duties, he decided to just stay in his room before he two hyungs came up with another task for him.

 

What to do?  What to do?

He rolled around his bed, thinking of ways to pass time.  He had already done his homework, and had also changed into his pajamas…but it was still early, and he didn’t fell like sleeping yet.

He glanced around the room in search of anything that could keep him busy when his eyes landed on a pink book on his desk.

Of course.

He quickly grabbed the comic book that Eunhyuk lent him and made himself comfortable on his bed.  After browsing through the book, he realized that it was not only an overload of cheesy romantic lines… it was practically dripping with grease all over.  It was THAT terrible.

After a few minutes of attempting to read the book, he finally decided to give up.

Great, I’m more bored.  Why did Sungmin even give this book to him?

But then, an idea struck him.  If he finishes the book that night, he could return it to Eunhyuk tomorrow!

Without a second thought, he grabbed the book again and decided to endure the sickeningly sweet romantic cliché’s that the book had to offer.  After all, it could give him an excuse to talk to the guy again.

 

..--..--..

Donghae tapped his foot impatiently while he waited for Eunhyuk to arrive.  He had successfully finished reading the book last night, and to his surprise, the book turned out to be…crappier than expected.

There were many instances where he felt his brain rotting while reading through the book, but it doesn’t matter now.  He’s victoriously finished it!  Now, all he has to do was hand the (cursed) book to its owner.

And just before he could wonder where the said owner was, the screams coming from the far corner had already answered him.

As soon as the blonde guy was in sight, he started waving wildly, in an attempt to catch the ‘cold prince’s attention.

“Eunhyuuuu--aghjgsdjgdsjfhg…”

An offending hand suddenly covered his mouth and he immediately turned to glare at the person who decided to randomly gag him in the morning.

Turns out, it was Sungmin, “Good morning fishy~” he greeted with his effortless aegyo. 

He wanted to ignore Sungmin and go back to catching Eunhyuk’s attention but was disappointed to see that the guy was already nowhere in sight.

“What are you looking at?  Are you looking for someone?” Sungmin peeked behind the younger guy while the other just shook his head.

(A/n: Oh sungmin, why must you be a er?)


Chapter 4... =_=

I intended to post this yesterday...but I fell asleep. Fail.

Thank you again for all the comments and subscirbes and all the love this story is getting from you guys!

Feel free to tell me how you feel about the story!  Go, go~ Go, go~