122622

White Diary

* * *

Morning came a few hours later.

The bright morning star ruled the skies once again, the warmth of its rays waking the once slumbering humans up. 

The baby-blue colored curtains in the couple's room slowly danced with the gentle blow of the morning breeze. The soft gust of the first morning breeze hit Hakyeon's face, making the chocolate-haired male flinch and bury his face deeper on Leo's shadow, wrinkling his facial experssion. The squirming on his right woke the lion up, blinking his black eyes open and turning his head around to look at his beloved.

Oh, how cute was Hakyeon when he laid his eyes on the other. He shut his eyes tight as he curled into a fetal position. He was like a baby, making Leo faintly smile and turn around to look at his beloved "wife".

"Good morning." Hakyeon softly greets as he opens one eye to see his hubby.

"Hi." Leo smiled as he placed a soft kiss on Hakyeon's forehead. "How's your sleep, love?"

Yes, they've been married for months now, but still, Hakyeon still can't stand the way Leo calls him "love" or "dear" or what so ever, it's just beyond his chic-character! A small and shy smile forms on Hakeyon's lips as a light shade of pink flushes on his cheeks. "It was good, how about yours?" he asked in a rather inaudible voice.

"Good. Dreamt of you." Leo smiled.

"Stop flattering me, you ball of sweetness!" Hakyeon softly growled before playfully flicking Leo's forehead.

"Hey!" Leo pouts before crawling on top of the latter, only to make Hakyeon laugh and whimper at the same time upon seeing their awkward position. Sure, they've been in more positions at some nights, but this is just SO wrong at this time. 

"Get off me, you heavy lion!" Hakyeon giggled.

"Don't wanna." Leo childishly pouted before receiving a rather strong hit on his shoulder. Defeated, Leo simply places a quick peck on the latter's lips before rolling off of him, sitting on the side of the bed and fixing his messy black hair. Hakyeon slowly sits up and wraps his lean arms around his spouse's waist, grinning. "So, should we wake our lil' angel up?"

"Mhm." Leo nods as he ruffles Hakyeon's chocolate-brown colored hair playfully before grabbing him by the hand, pulling him out of the bed within seconds. After fixing their hair and washing up, the couple hurriedly yet quietly approached Haneun's room. 

Slowly and carefully, Hakyeon turns the doorknob and opens the door silently. He then sees how peaceful Haneun slept and how she was comfortably tucked under the bed sheets. The white curtains were already dancing and riding the morning breeze that blew inside her room. A small smile forms on Leo while a rather confusing worried look fills Hakyeon's.

"Look at her." Leo smiled as he gestured Hakyeon to come a bit nearer. "She's so helpless and innocent when asleep. I'm sure to feel bad if we wake her up, N."

"... Something wrong?" Leo asked as he eyed his wife. "N?"

"She looks different." Hakyeon frowned.

With careful eyes Leo eyes their daughter, who to his surprise, was rather colorless and frozen. Seriously, she wasn't even moving an inch. Was her sleep that deep that she didn't move a bit around? 

And all those times, no one can go up Ravi's level of sleeping! Well, not anymore, there's someone named Jung Haneun to do that!

"She seems to be in a really comfy sleep. Should we wake her up N--- N?" Leo blinked curiously as he eyed his wife hold the white diary on Haneun's desk. There was a bump felt and once he flips the pages, a blue pen falls down on a particular page. Hakyeon, with careful hands, flipped more pages and arrived at her current entry: December 25th, year 2022. His eyes scanned the page and soon, tears rolled down his cheeks.

"N? What's wrong?" Leo worriedly asked as he eyed his wife curiously before walking towards him, patting his back. "N? Come on, speak up, what's up with you?"

"This." Hakyeon sniffled before handing the diary to his hubby and walking beside their sleeping child.

Hakyeon eyed Haneun head to toe, his tears flowing down more. Soon, the sound of the diary falling down the floor was the only thing they heard since then as Leo eyed Hakyeon in disbelief. Tears threatened to roll down his cheeks but being a strong man he is, Leo only held them in and slowly bottled them up once again.

"You're joking." Leo blinked.

"I'm not. It's written there clearly, right?" Hakyeon sobbed as he ran towards his hubby, a tight embrace given to him. Tears rolled down quicker, Hakyeon not being able to bottle them up. Leo soon breaks down as he eyes his seemingly-frozen daughter. 

Colorless.

Motionless.

Cold.

Cold and pale.

12-26-22

Thank you for everything you've given me, mom and dad. 

For the past six months of my extended life, you've given me nothing but pure bliss and a feeling of being complete. I can finally move on.

I can finally leave with no regrets.

It's too bad we can't go to the amusement park, huh? Don't worry, when we meet again soon, we'll play once again! I promise. 

In a land ever so white, a place we address as "paradise"... this girl named Jung Haneun will always wait for you to run and hug me once again.

Once again, thank you and I love you 'till time runs out. 

Yours truly, Jung Haneun, your beloved daughter.

 

* * *

 

"She won't be waking up anymore." Leo softly said as he tightened his hold on Hakyeon's shoulder, eyes wandering on Haneun's cold and motionless body.

"Let her rest. She's had more than enough. It's time for her to finally rest." Hakyeon faintly smiled as he averted his eyes at Leo.

A small smile forms on Leo's lips as he knelt down on the side of Haneun's bed with Hakyeon, one hand holding each other and the other hand holding onto Haneun's cold hands.

"Rest in peace, our beloved angel, we shall meet again soon."