061222

White Diary

June 12, 2022

June 12, 2022

 

* * *

 

Tap. Tap. Tap.

"Oh my goodness, I'm running late! Why did I have to finish that drama marathon last night?! Ugh, I regret everything now! Oh, why?! Darn it-ouch, what is this chair doing here?! It stubbed my toe!" 

"Mom. It's been there since we first came here." Haneun sighs as she brushes her hair, eyes on the mirror in front of her. "And please, stop running like that or you'll slip. Calm down-"

"I'm left with five freaking minutes, how am I to calm down, Haneun?!" Hakyeon screeched. "Ugh, my boss'll kill me if I arrive late!"

"Karma's such a bad guy, hm?" Haneun teased.

"Shut it and just hurry up! You'll be late too if you continue mocking mee!" Hakyeon growled. "And stop forcing the brush to easily get through your wet and tangled hair! Go dry it first."

"I already did." Haneun pouts as she innocently hands the brush at Hakyeon, who simply flashed her a sweet smile before grabbing the object and carefully brushing her black hair. With careful and gentle hands, he slowly untangles Haneun's hair and softly brushes and dries her crown of glory. Once he was finished, he grabs her white flower clip and carefully places it on the upper right side of her hair.  

"You're seriously like an angel." Hakyeon grins as he pinches Haneun's marshmallow-soft cheeks. "In fact, I seriously doubt if I really gave birth to you!"

"It's impossible that I just fell down from the heavens and you luckily caught me, right? Of course I came from you!" Haneun pouted. "I'm your blood-bonded daughter for the love of Pete!"

"I was kidding." he giggles as he pats her head. "Hurry now, get going so you won't be late."

"Same goes to you. You're boss'll go crazy if you get there late." 

"... Oh, I nearly forgot!" Hakyeon shrieked as he darted back to his room while Haneun calmly makes her way to the front door, wearing her shoes and grabbing her back and looking back to see a rushing Hakyeon going here and there and bumping onto this and that. "I'm going now, okay? And please, stop bumping yourself into things! Do well, mom." she cries out.

"I'll try to do that!" Hakyeon waved back, smiling widely.

"Don't try, do it." Haneun smiles as she heads off, leaving Hakyeon busy in preparing and fixing his clothes.

 

 

* * *

 

"Oh my god, I'm sorry I was late! Wait... was I late even?" Hakyeon panted as he came bursting out of the doors to his office. Of course, his officemates showered him with judging and surprised looks while others waved and greeted him casually. A man, most likely his age, came towards him and flashed a smile on his face.

"Calm down, Hakyeon, you're not late." he laughed, patting his shoulder, making Hakyeon breathe out in relief. "You look pretty rushed today, woke up late?"

"Shut up, Himchan." Hakyeon sighed as he carefully fixed his chocolate brown hair. "I see you're early today, Yongguk bombarded in your room this time?" he teased.

"On contrary, Hakyeon, my friend, I bombared in his room this morning. He was like a fat pig sleeping on the hay!"

"Hey, watch your words, Himchan." Yongguk growled as he appeared out of no where and walked towards the two. "Plus, I lost a lot of pounds for the last week, and for the record, I'm not a fat pig. You're fatter than me to be honest! I'm full of muscles."

"At least my gums don't show when I smile-"

"Guys, guys. Calm down." Hakyeon laughed as he grabbed the two's shoulder. "Come on, quit being so fired up so early in the morning. Try burning those anger in work today, huh? That'll really help in today's load." he grinned.

"Ugh, why can't you be like Hakyeon once in a while? He's so optimistic!" Himchan pouted as he glared at Yongguk. "Why did I even agree in sharing the same apartment room with you in the first place? If we never did, I would have never get to be stuck with you for this long!"

"Because your noona forced me and you to do so." Yongguk sighed. "Goodness, what kind of torture are you for real?!"

"Now, now. Let's get working shall we?" Hakyeon grinned as he ruffled the two's head. To his surprise, a feminine voice called his name out, making him jolt up a bit and turn around in an instant. A female a bit shorter than him yet the same age with her auburn painted hair tied in a neat ponytail, approaches him with a gleeful smile on her face. "Jieun, you nearly gave me a heart attack there!" Hakyeon pouted as he faced the female. "What's up?"

"The paperworks you need to do." Jieun grinned as she handed a few papers to the male. "The boss's expecting you to finish that before the week ends, Hakyeon. Oh, and he's actually asking for the paperworks you've done the other day. Are you finished with them?" 

"Ah, right." Hakyeon nods. "They're in my office, I'll bring them to him as soon as I finish sorting them."

"Alright." she nods gently. "Excuse me, I'll have to help Mr. Yongguk here in his paperwork sorting too. Oh, and Himchan, Youngjae called. He said he might drop over here after work with Daehyun."

"Oh, sure." Himchan nods. "Ah, kids these days.

After waving a good-bye to his friends, Hakyeon heads to his office, just to be greeted with papers here and there. With swift moves, he sorts them and puts some in a folder in his desk's drawer. Fastening them, he stands up again and heads down the hall, down to their boss's office. "Excuse me, may I come in?" he calls out.

"Mr. Cha? Is that you?" a feminine voice cries out, making Hakyen blink a few times. He hesitantly heads inside the office and pushes the door open, just to see a female sitting comfortably on the seat just in front of their boss's desk. Greatly dumbfounded, Hakyeon nearly slipped back, which the female gasps to. "Oh my goodness, are you okay?" she frowns.

"Ah, yes. You just shocked me, Ms. Jung." he laughs as he fixes his suit. "Where's the boss?"

"He couldn't make it this day, so, as vice head of this company, he instructed me to take care of it for today." she sweetly smiled. "Anyway, the paperworks?"

"Ah, right." he nods and hands her the white folder before sitting down the seat in front of the desk. Ms. Jung scans them and flashes a satisified look as she yes Hakyeon. "You're improving these days. I sense a promotion coming on its way, Hakyeon!"

"Oh, that'll be nice." Hakyeon giggled. His eyes were fixed at Ms. Jung's face as she continues to scan the papers. His typical smile slowly dies as a familiar image pops up in his head, making him lower his head slightly. Of course, the female doesn't fail to notice this as she eyes Hakyeon carefully. "Mr. Cha? Is something wrong?" she asks. 

"Wh-what? Oh, it's nothing, ma'am. I just recalled something." Hakyeon giggles as he shakes his head.

"Let me take a wild guess." Ms. Jung smirks as she pretends to think. "My brother, perhaps?" she smiles, making Hakyeon's colors run down the drain and cough vigorously after the statement, shocking her. "Oh my god, I didn't mean that! I'm sorry."

"I-it's nothing." Hakyeon laughs. "B-besides, I've moved quite well now, ma'am. I mean, thirteen years and still, who wouldn't move on?"

"I was really disappointed of my brother's actions towards you. I really thought you'd be something... more that friends but I guess fate had other plans." she sighed. "That guy, always taking his pride first than his heart's decisions!"

"He's that type of guy. I mean, Leo's always..."

Silence.

"I'm sorry, we're straying off the topic here, aren't we?" Hakyeon smiles as he brings a few papers on her side. "Let's get back to business."

The female sports a nod but seemingly noticed the painted sorrow on Hakyeon's eyes. She felt a bit troubled and guilty of bringing the word "brother" up to surface. Seemingly lost in Hakyeon's words, a sudden thought pops in her mind and she had no choice but to cut the other's words. "Excuse me, Mr. Cha, before I forget, I have to convey some news the boss wants you to know."

"Oh, do go on." Hakyeon smiles. 

"You see, the boss has some god plans for you, Hakyeon." she begins, grabbing Hakyeon's attention in an instant.

 

* * *

 

The sun slowly sets, marking the day's end coming nearer and nearer. Hakyeon quickly fixes his desk as he stands up and grabs his bag before he steps out of his office, just to be greeted by Yongguk, who flashed a rather stressed and terrified look on his face. "Cha Hakyeon, if you move, I am sure you'll never have a happy future coming your way!" he cries as he hides himself behind the tanned skined male. Of course, confused, Hakyeon stands still, just to see tw familiar faces running around the office. 

Both had ebony black hair, one having rather puffy cheeks along with Himchan roaming behind them. "Yongguk, we all know that you're behind Hakyeon, get outta there!" Himchan growls.

"For the last time, Himchan, I am not treating your kids out!" Yongguk cried out. "And neither are you!"

"Come on, we're not kids. Plus, you promised me a cheesecake slice yesterday!" Daehyun pouted as he childishly flailed his arms. Of course, Youngjae, the black headed one, simply sent him a judging look that seemingly conveyed the message on how embarrassed he was of his best friend's actions.

"Jung. Dae. Hyun. You're freaking eleven, please start acting your age." Youngjae sighs.

"Says the one who acts immature!"

"At least I'm smarter than you despite being one year younger than you are!" 

"Kids, please." Himchan sighs. "Ah, Hakyeon, are you heading home too?" he asks.

"Yes. Why?" Hakyeon asks.

"Please. Come along with us! We can eat outside too! And well, you can play with our little Junhong too! That little monster misses his dear uncle Hakyeon dearly!" Himchan giggles as he pokes Hakyeon's arm. 

"Dad! Can we go now?" Youngjae pouts as he tugs on Yongguk's arm, who simply sighed and flashed his fatherly and gummy smile at the young man. "Oh, and Daehyun's staying for a few hours at our place because of our school project so~"

"Alright, alright. Just don't mess the whole house that much, okay?" Yongguk smiles as he ruffles his son's hair. "Alright, shall we get going, fellows?" he suggested, making everyone nod. Himchan hurries to his side as Yongguk swings an arm around his eldest son, Youngjae, who walked beside his best friend. Hakyeon, meanwhile, walks beside Himchan, eyeing the family happily.

A few hours flew by and finally, the group arrives in a nearby school with lots of roaming kids around, playing here and there. "For real, Youngjae? You left your brothers back here?!" Himchan hisses as he eyes his eldest son. "I thought you'll wait for them!"

"They said they were still gonna play a bit more, mom! Don't blame me!" Youngjae pouts, which Himchan sighs and softens in. Hurrying, Himchan and Yongguk, try to spot where their other two kids were, and thank goodness, it wasn't that hard to spot a giant eight-year old boy with a rather clueless nine-year old beside him. "Junhong! Jongup, over here!" Yongguk cries out, waving his hand up in the air.

"Mommy! Daddy!" the two excited kids cried out as they ran inside their father's arms. "Daddy, Youngjae-hyung abandoned us! He said that him and Daehyun-hyung were just going to buy some snacks nearby but left us!" a teary eyed Junhong whined.

"Aw, was our baby Zelo scared?" Himchan cooes.

"Jonguppie-hyung stayed by my side, so I wasn't." Junhong mumbles as he points at his older brother Jongup. "He never left my side."

"What a brave brother you are, Jongup!" Himchan praises, making Jongup flash a wide grin. "As for you, Bang Youngjae." he growls before sending a rather deadly glare at the chubby cheeked son. Softly but sure to make his son learn a lesson, he hits his head, making the young boy wince in pain. "You should know better on not to leave your younger brothers alone!"

"I told you." Daehyun snickered, making Youngjae hit his arm hard. "What?! I tried warning you, Youngjae!"

"Shut up and just stay in my side, Jung Daehyun!" Youngjae pouted. After sharing an eye contact with his dear friend Hakyeon, Himchan holds onto Jongup's hand while Yongguk swings their giant son, Junhong, onto his shoulders before going off. "Hakyeon, let's get going." Himchan calls out, flashing a dear smile at him.

"Sure." he nods and follows the Bang Family from behind. Observing them, he smiles in jealousy and awe. He watches as Youngjae happily chats and plays lightly with Daehyun. He saw how Himchan comfortably talked to his second child, Jongup, and how he easily made the young boy laugh and giggle at times. Hakyeon envied how Yongguk and Junhong spent the best quality times together. Despite embarrassed, he had never carried Haneun up to his shoulders.

Along with this, the fact that the three boys had their parents both male wasn't quite a hinder. The boys saw Himchan as a normal mother just like other kids. Meanwhile, Yongguk was their father. Daehyun never really got bothered with his best friend having two male parents, he was even amused the first time he discovered that, according to Yongguk.

And that brought him to the thought... what if Haneun had that chance? Him, Haneun and her dad. "Do you see them, dear? I wonder how we would be if you were by our side." Hakyeon thought as a sad smile crawls on his face. "I bet Haneun would be a lot happier that way... having a dad and a mom beside her."

 

* * *

 

"Haneun! Sweetie, I'm home!" Hakyeon cries out as he looks for his beloved daughter. As per usual, Haneun sat on the couch, seemingly waiting for him. "Welcome back." she greets plainly. "How was work? You look extremely famished. Should I get you some water or something, mom?" Haneun asks.

"No, no, I'm all good, sweetie." Hakyeon answers with a rather tired smile. "I'll do go in a few minutes. Let me catch my breath first." 

Assured, Haneun nods and sits beside her mother quietly, which Hakyeon doesn't fail to notice. Haneun, though, notices the change of expression in Hakyeon's face. From joy and care, Hakyeon had that face of anxiety and worry. "Mom?" Haneun calls out softly, making Hakyeon turn around to face him. "Are you okay? You seem... a lot less livelier." 

Hakyeon takes a deep breath before he kneels in front of his daughter, hands on her shoulders. "Haneun, forgive mommy but..." he sighs as he looks at Haneun's confused and worried eyes. "You''ll have to stay in your grandparents' place for a while. Mommy's going to work somewhere first, but I assure you we're together again two weeks before June ends, okay?"

Shock fills Haneun as she unconsciously nods, soulessly.


 

 

06-12-22

As much as I'd like to scribble down every single happy thing that this day has given me, I suppose they are now crushed due to my mom's words.

I'm very sure that mom's work is extremely famishing, and I kind of feel guilty for that. Why? Well, I was the first reason he works that hard. He wants and needs to support me and him. He needs to support this family, being a single parent as well. 

He carries every burden we have... and I can't do anything about it. Add the fact that's also because of my age AND health condition which remains unknown to my own mother.

Well, I guess due to this "want" of supporting us well, mom has to work temporarily in a province away from us. According to him, he's representing his company there, along with this, a lady named Mrs. Jung is coming along with him. And because of this and to keep up my studies, he decides to leave me at my grandparents' residence for a while, which isn't that far away from my school.

As much as I don't want to be away from mom, I can't help it.

I don't want to be a bigger burden for him.