Chapter 7

Pretty Girl Project

Jogging on her free time, no hourly snack break, not more than 1 bowl of rice.

Those were the things Jinsun had been practicing in 3 weeks since she declared her self to go on a full body makeover or Project: Pretty Girl, that's what she calls. Yes, 3, agonizing weeks. She had to cut down on her eating habits, stopped lazing in front of the laptop and find something to do to distract herself from thinking about food.  Jinsun was determined. She wanted those slim legs like SNSD's, v shaped jaws and ant waists like KARA's..but most of all, to win the heart of the boy of her dreams...

Her effort seems to show it's results after a few people commented on the changes she had. Her plump cheeks were not so plump as usual, she realized her eyes wasn't small like Onew's.

One day and old man who was also their regular customer came to the cafe. Jinsun as always came to the customer to take his order.

'Omo, Jinsun-ahh...you look slimmer since the last time I came here!' the old man smiled.

Jinsun felt her cheeks and smiled shyly. She bowed with respect to the old man after taking his order and skipped happily to the kitchen.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

It was raining like puppies and kitties one day and Jinsun couldn't go out. So instead she stayed home and watched some aerobic DVDs she borrowed from an ahjumma next door. Luckily Onew wasn't at home so she could follow the steps without anyone seeing. Suddenly she heard someone opening the door. Jinsun quickly turned off the DVD player and switched to a random channel.

Her older brother came in. 'I'm home!' he said. He placed his car keys on the table. 

'Taemin-goon called while you were out.' 

'Really? Thanks...' he said and pulled out his cellphone.

'Hey, Taem! You called?' 

"..."

'Oh, sorry I went out to send the car to get fixed. We got a long trip ahead of us..'

Jinsun couldn't help but eavesdrop over the conversation, us? Maybe Jinki oppa meant me and him...

'Okay then Taemin, see you tomorrow.' Onew hung up.

'Jinki-yahh' she called him. Onew turned to her. 'What?'

'Were going back to our hometown tomorrow, right?'

He nodded.

'For chuseok...' Onew got confused with his little sister's question and answered

'Yah, I know what you wanted to ask...Taemin-goon is gonna join us for chuseok this year!'

Jinsun's jaw dropped.

...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

That night, Jinsun started packing up her stuff.

Toothbrush?..check..

Outfits for the whole week? chhhheeeeccckkk! She smiled satisfied. 

'Hmm...what else?' she scratched her head.

'Ohh! Outfits for tomorrow's trip.' She begin to raid down her closet. She pulled out a few pants, sweatpants.

'Sheeshh, is there anything besides sweatpants?!' she said frustrated. Then she noticed something dark blue. She pulled it between the folding clothes. It was a pair of jeans.

'Since when did I....' she paused. The she remembered it was from Onew for her gift for getting good grades in a test earlier that year. She looked at it, examine it..I wonder if this fits...

She was about to try them on but her alarm clock rang. Showing her favorite show, Secret Garden will have a marathon from the first to the last episode. She sprinted out from her bedroom and onto the couch in the living room. She switch on the TV and started spazzing. Completely forgetting her wardrobe problems.

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

The following morning..

'Jinsun-ahh..Jinsun-ahh..' Onew gently woke her up. She fell asleep on the couch after a long night of watching Secret Garden.

'Jinsun..come on...I wanna load the bags into the car.' he said. But Jinsun was still in dreamland. Then he begin to get impatient and pulled the pillow on her head. 'Wake up you piggy!' he said.

Jinsun finally woke up. She looked at the clock on the wall. 'Omy! It's 9 A.M already?!!' she ran to the toilet and showered immediately.

Although Jinsun didn't hear the 'piggy' word came out from Onew, he still felt guilty.

'I shouldn't have said that...' 

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Taemin who was in black jeans and a light blue buttoned down shirt came near Onew who was busy arranging the bags into the car. He brought with him a backpack and a canvas bag in his right hand.

'Oh, Taemin-goon! You're here.' Onew greeted him.

'Neh, morning hyung.' he smiled. 'Let me help you with those' he offered to help Onew carry the heavy luggage.

'Thanks, Taemin...but..are you sure you want to come with us? Don't you want to celebrate it with your family?'

'He shook his head. They're..umm..overseas. I couldn't join them though.'

Onew patted his back, 'there..there...don't be sad. You'll feel right at home with us. You'll see.' 

'Speaking of us...where's Jinsun?' Taemin asked.

'Oh she's upsta~' Onew was cut off when he heard a high pitched squeal from inside.

Onew ran into the house to see what happened. 

'Jinsun-ahh! What happened?' he asked. 

'There, he saw his younger sister jumping in front of the full body mirror in her room. 

'Oppa! Look..' she smiled. She was pointing to the jeans she was wearing.

'It's the one...' he looked. A little bit inside of him was touched. 

'Psh..you got me scared for nothing. Hurry up. We're about to leave.' he left the room.

'Hmph, oh Jinki-oppa...' she shook her head, a little disappointed with her brother's reaction.

She smiled to her reflection on the mirror. 'Congrats Jinsun-ahh! Fighting!!'

...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Pretty Girl Project Tips #7:

For an oily-free, fresh face..have a spray bottle of water mixed with a teaspoon of salt. Also, to dry off the face,dab with a face towel.

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Hey there readers! It's been awhile, huh? Sorry T.T I've been busy with the other fanfic, it's finally coming to an end..one more chappie to go!!! ^^

So..emm...sorry to break this to you but I'll be on hiatus for a month. I have exams to be prepared for. So..umm..wish me luck and plez don't unsubscribe, stay with me guise --'

Subscribers are hoped and comments are wanted! 

Till then..adios!!