The Talk

A Mishap in Time { ON HIATUS }

 

Early this morning, Aunt came by to our house. He was called by Dad to lend me some dresses. Dad wanted me to look presentable in front of the King. I don't understand him, at all! Is he really serious about me marrying to Kibum? Ugh.. So, when it was afternoon, Dad and I went to the palace. From afar, I can see Kibum and his other friends are waiting for me. He hurried downstairs to welcome us. That's too kind of him.

 

"Good afternoon, Hyoyeon! Good afternoon, Mr. Kim!" Kibum exclaimed as soon as he met up with us.

 

"Good  afternoon, Kibum!" Dad said. I don't understand everything at all! Why are they so casual towards each other?! This is hysterical!

 

"The King is waiting in the Hall. Shall we?"

 

"Of course." Dad said.

 

When we reached the hall, we saw the King with his friends. And Sunny, talking to one of the King's friends. I saw the King's eyes light up when he saw my Dad. Dad, I, and Kibum went straight to him. Dad and Kibum bowed down, and I followed, of course.

 

"Kibum, why don't you take Hyoyeon for a walk?" the King said. I didn't expect that. I thought he's going to talk to us, I mean my Dad and I.

 

"Of course, Dad." Kibum said.

 

Kibum and I walked out of the hall. We were walking, to no place in particular.

 

"Where are we going?" I asked him.

 

"It's a surprise." he turned his head towards me and winked at me.

 

"I am kind of... nervous." I said.

 

"Don't you like me?" he asked, then he grabbed my arm.

 

"No, it's not like that. I just don't feel a... spark." I said. Then I wondered. I looked at our hands intertwined. Why not? Because he's my brother? Probably.

 

"Then I would make you feel the spark." he said.

 

I was still looking at our hands when I felt him moving closer to me. His free hand closed me in a hug. I looked at him. I was startled. I closed my eyes, not in anticipation, but in horror. I can't contain this. I can't manage me, going to kiss my brother! I can feel his hot breath nearing. I can feel we're just centimeters apart. He's going to kiss me. Oh no.

 

"Hyoyeon!" I heard a familiar voice. I turned my head and saw a ball of sunshine skipped towards me. I felt Kibum disappointingly backed away and let go of me. Sunny was running and as she reached me, she hugged me.

 

"Hyoyeon!" she beamed at me. She is very cheerful today, compared last night.

 

"Sunny!" I smiled at her. Thanks to you, I don't have to kiss Kibum anymore!

 

"Why don't you hang out with us, first? While your Dad is having a word with the King." she said.

 

"Why not?" I replied, glancing towards Kibum.

 

"You go, it’ll be fine." he said.

 

Then, Sunny grabbed my hand and pulled me to the others. The next thing I knew, we were in a courtyard.

 

"Hey guys! I'd like you to meet someone!" Sunny said to the others. "Guys, this is Hyoyeon, Kibum's fiancé. She was chosen yesterday, at the ball." Then I felt four pairs of eyes gazed at me.

 

"Hyoyeon, this is Mi-Young." she motioned to the beautiful and jaw-dropping girl beside her. Mi-Young had black and long overflowing hair. She smiled at me then her eyes automatically became moon-shaped. Sunny continued, "Though, she preferred being called Tiffany, her American name. She is my best friend."

 

"Annyeong haseyo~" Tiffany bowed.

 

"Annyeong!~" I bowed to her too.

 

Sunny then moved along.

 

"This is Yoona, you met her yesterday. She is Kibum's best friend." Sunny said.

 

"Annyeong!" Yoona smiled at me.

 

"Annyeong!" I smiled, too.

 

"Now, this is Eunhyuk and Sungmin oppa." Sunny said. I knew Eunhyuk oppa very well. Sungmin oppa was cute, too. I noticed that he had a special look towards Sunny. He looks at Sunny very dearly. They would make such a cute couple.

 

"Annyeong!" Eunhyuk oppa and Sungmin oppa said together. They seem to be really good friends.

 

"Annyeong!" I smiled to them.

 

"They're best friends, you know." Sunny said.

 

"I see." I said.

 

"So, do you like Kibum?" Yoona suddenly asked. Her tone kind of surprised me. It's like she didn't like me for her friend. I don't know why, but suddenly something is wrong with her. Yesterday, she is the one who is certain that I would be chosen. But now, it’s like she's the one who's against.

 

"Well, I must say that he's very attractive." When I say that, I felt Eunhyuk shot a glare to me. "But, I'm not sure if I would be happy to marry him."

 

"That's really surprising to hear from a commoner like you." Yoona said. Is she really trying to get on my bones? "People would normally say that they like Kibum and would be happy to marry him. Why not?" she continued. There is something really fishy in here.

 

"I don't know. Besides, you can't expect me to fall in love to a man who I met just recently."

 

"So, you basically don't like Kibum?"

 

"Yes, I think."

 

"Then why did you accept the marriage?"

 

But before I could answer, Sunny cut in, "Hey Yoong, Hyoyeon is a good girl. She won't hurt Kibum like the others." And by the others, Sunny emphasized.

 

Without any other word, Yoona left the courtyard.

 

"Well, that was steamy." Tiffany said.

 

"What do you mean?" I asked.

 

"Isn't it obvious? She likes Kibum." Sunny said.

 

"Oh, that's why."

 

"She's really bitter, I can say." Sungmin said. "Yoona is just the first step. Good luck with his brother."

 

"Brother?" I asked.

 

"Yes, Taemin. He's a bit rude to everyone. Good thing he's in Korea." Sungmin replied.

 

"I thought Kibum was an only child."

 

"Taemin was born 5 years after Kibum, from another woman." Sungmin said.

 

"I see."

 

"You're really serious that you didn't want Kibum?" Tiffany suddenly asked.

 

"Yes." I replied.

 

"Why not? Kibum is a fine man."

 

"I know, it's just that... I don't feel the magic."

 

"Oh, haha~" Tiffany laughed.

 

"Don't you want to cancel the marriage?" Sunny asked.

 

"Well, I've been thinking about that." I replied.

 

"Well, you better think fast. The King wanted Kibum to marry as soon as possible. Or else, you'll be tied with him forever!"

 

Suddenly there was a loud horn that was sounded.

 

"Uh-oh." Eunhyuk said.

 

"That can't be." Sungmin said. Then everyone looked out.

 

"Taemin's here, I guess." Sunny said. "What time is it?"

 

Sungmin looked at his watch. "It's 6:00."

 

"I better get going. Let's go Fany." Sunny said, then they left.

 

"Well, I have to go, too. Good luck!" Sungmin said, and left.

 

That leaves the two of us, alone, again.

 

"Why does everyone says good luck?" I asked Eunhyuk.

 

"Well, Taemin is here, as well as his Mom. They like to criticize, a lot." Eunhyuk explained.

 

"I see."

 

Awkward moment, again. I stood up, about to leave. When Eunhyuk wrap his arms around my waist from my back. That feels so good. The warmth, his scent, everything is perfect. I wanted to kiss him. But I must stop myself. I am pretending.

 

"O-Oppa.." I said, trying to convince myself that I am not enjoying his presence.

 

"Hyo.." He said as he buried his head onto my neck. I can feel him breathe onto it. I can feel his hot breathe. "I missed you."

 

"Oppa, I missed you, too." I feel his arms tightening around my waist. I felt he nibbled a part of my ear. "Oppa. This is wrong."

 

"Trust me, Hyo." he said. I turned around to face him. I wrap my arms on his neck. We gazed into each other's eyes.

 

"Oppa, are you serious about this?" I asked him. His hands are on my waist. He kissed me on the lips.

 

"I am most certain." he said. He locked his lips onto mine. He is such a great kisser. Not too long until we started making out. He tastes like strawberries. I can feel his hands roam around my body. Closing us together. My body tensed. Everything is getting hot. He left my mouth and trailed onto mo jaw line down to my neck. He the most sensitive part of my neck. I let out a moan.

 

Soon enough I can feel him getting deeper and deeper. He's not too close to my chest. That's when I gained composure.

 

"Oppa, please. This is enough." I tried to act like I feel irritated. I pushed him a little.

 

"I'm so sorry." he said, caressing my face.

 

"No, oppa. We can't be. We're birds of the same feathers."

 

"You're wrong. We're not-" he was cut by realization. He was going to tell the secret.

 

"We're not siblings? What do you mean?" I asked, trying to look like I was really confused.

 

"Nothing. Just. Forget what I said." he said. He left the courtyard. But I followed him.

 

"Oppa, wait. Please, tell me." I tried to catch up with him. He's so handsome when he's face is serious. When it's neutral.

 

"You won't understand." he said. We walked through the corridors. It's a good thing not a single person sees us.

 

"Will you explain to me?" I begged. "Please, I beg you." I snatched his hand.

 

He stopped on his tracks and looked at me.

 

"Let's go to my room."

 

He didn't let go of my hand. He held it like I was so important to him. Essential for his survival. He led the way, of course, as I followed him. After a series of turns and long corridors, we managed to reach his room.

 

"This is my chamber. Whenever you need me, just go in." he said.

 

His chamber is really big. I wonder if all the other rooms were just as big as this. It's like he had his own house in it. There's a bedroom, a library, a bathroom, and even his own living room! Gosh, I wonder if he brought any other women in here than me.

 

"Please, sit down." he said.

 

I sat on one of the couches in the living room. He sat on the other couch closest to me.

 

"Now, would you mind telling me?" I asked.

 

"You're not my sister, Hyo." he said.

 

"How come?" I asked.

 

"I was switched with another baby the night when I was born." he said.

 

"Is that the reason why you left us? Because you knew that we are not your family?" I asked, tears started to well up my eyes. Even though I am attracted to him, I still can't accept the fact that he left us. The pain just goes back every time.

 

"Yes." he said. "But I didn't mean it. You know I love you guys. It's just that I can't bear so much pain and sadness all at once."

 

"Why didn't you come back?" I asked.

 

"Because, I wanted to meet my real family."

 

"And are you successful with that?"

 

"Yes."

 

"Why didn't you showed up?" I stood up.  "You know Dad was hurt. You know I was hurt. You know that we are waiting for you. Every day. Every time. You know that we are poor. You know that Dad was weak and old. You know that! But you didn't come back. You know that Dad must work for us to survive. You are a heartless person!" Now I was crying.

 

"Look, I'm sorry, Hyo. I didn't mean to." he said. He got up from where he's sitting and hugged me. He tried to calm me. He comforted me. "Hyo, I am sorry. It's just that. I can't face you. I am so ashamed of myself. I didn't want to come back because I was afraid. I was afraid that you couldn't accept me anymore. I'm sorry."

 

After minutes of crying and exchanging of hurtful words, I finally calm down.

 

"Who is my real brother?" I asked, like I had no clue about it.

 

"It's... " He hesitated for a moment. "It's Kibum."

 

There was a moment of silence. I need to act like I was surprised. I need to act like I was in a deep thought.

 

"Hyo, I know you're confused. Please, we must keep this as a secret. Can you imagine what will happen if everyone will know about this? Kibum will not accept the truth. Knowing him for so many years. Kibum will not step down his throne. The King will be terrified. And everyone else. Everything will turn into chaos. That's why we must keep silent. Arasseo?"

 

"Arasseo, Oppa." I smiled.

 

Finally, there are no secrets between us. I am glad he told me everything. Now he had my trust.

 

 

 

Comment Replies!


 

hyohyolic - hey, I'm sorry to keep you waiting! I've been very busy a lot lately. Thanks for commenting!~
hyohyukbias - I'm glad you liked the HyoHyuk moments! Sorry, I can't seem to find some time to update ;~;
crystal2011 - I already post my reply on your profile~ hehehe~
StrawberryFantasy - of course the diary's coming back! hehe~ the diary is very essential to the story! :)
hyohyolic - I don't know, too. hehe~ please do anticipate! more will be revealed soon!