Romeo and Juliet

A Mishap in Time { ON HIATUS }

I woke up with a knock. I must've fallen asleep while crying. I got up and found a note slipped through my door. I took it and read what's written.

Yoona-sshi,

I hope you don't feel so bad. I must've scared you. I won't hug you again in public. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that, as you said. I'm really looking forward to the show later. You're still coming right? I'll be waiting outside your chamber at four o'clock. I'm expecting to see you.

Kibum oppa.

PS. Wear something nice. ^^

 

Should I go or not? Argh! It's hard to decide. If it's a play, then tonight must be it's premiere night. The king must be invited. So, should go? But it won't do good to me. I'll get stuck with Kibum oppa. But I'll get to watch over Hyukjae oppa and Hyoyeon. Omo, what should I do? Im Yoona, think! Think! On the other hand, if I stay here, it would be very lonely. Tsk. I can't decide!

I called a maid and asked her to prepare my bath. As well as the dress I'm going to wear tonight. I had my hair tied up and put thin make-up. I wear my favorite jewelries. I used my favorite perfume and voila!

"Ma'am, you're so pretty! I am very sure that Count Kibum will be pleased to spend this night with you!" My maid exclaimed.

"Thank you." I smiled at her. I looked at the mirror to check myself.

It's funny how so many people knew I was in love with Kibum oppa. But they never knew about Hyukjae oppa and I. Years back, when we were still kids, I really like Kibum oppa. I started liking him ever since. Even though he never entertain me,  I still fell deeper. That's what I don't understand. He had never looked at me more than a sister. Yet, I still fell so hard.

One day, our parents decided to become lifetime alliances. We were supposed to get married.  I was really excited at that time. But Kibum declined. He doesn't want to get married to me. It was like an early rejection. I knew at that time, Hyukjae oppa likes me. I gave him a chance. I knew he loves me so much, but I didn't love him back. I am a bad person. I used Hyukjae oppa to make myself happy. He was madly in love with me. But the people of Paris never knew about it.

My trance was broken by a knock on the door. I looked at my watch and found that it's already four o'clock. I opened the door and found Kibum oppa waiting with a bouquet of flowers in his hand.

"This is for you. Are you still mad at me?" He smiled at me.

"I was never mad at you. Wait here." I told him. I put the flowers on a table and hurriedly get back to him.

"Are you ready?"

"Yes."

He held out his arms and I clung onto it. Outside the castle there were horse-drawn carriages waiting. Kibum oppa let me in first. There's only the two of us in the carriage so I know that we had some privacy. We sat in front of each other.

"Why are you doing this?"

"What this?" he asked as if he don't know what he's doing.

"This. Everything. All these sweet things."

"I missed you. It's been months since the last time you're here." he said casually.

"Stop it, okay? I'm not used to all your sweetness."

"Is being sweet to my best friend bad?"

"No, it's not. But you're not Kibum oppa!"

"Hey, what are you talking about? I am the sweetest guy in the world! Who gave you that necklace? Who introduced you to that perfurme? And who told you you're prettiest without make-up?"

Okay. He got me there. He did gave me this necklace I'm wearing. He did gave me a perfume that I'm still using even now. He did told me that I look prettiest without make-up. "But that doesn't make you the sweetest guy!" I pouted at him.

"I'm really excited for this night's play."

"You changed the topic!"

"I didn't change anything." he said in his usual monotone.

I gave him a irritated look. "Why are you sorry? This afternoon. You're sorry. Why?"

There was a moment of silence. Why isn't he say things to me directly? On all things I hate, I hate not knowing anything at all!

"Aren't you excited for the play? They said it is a love story. It was first played in Italy, where is originated. And tonight is the premiere night here in Paris."

"You just changed the topic." I looked out the window. I don't want to see his face right now. He is confusing my mind.

"I know." he said.

We didn't had to waste more minutes not talking to each other. We came to the theatre just in time. Kibum oppa is my for tonight. We can't argue on this. He asked me and I agreed. Ugh. Tonight we had to flash our bright smiles to the crowd. The infamous YoonBum couple. Still going strong. Kibum oppa and I, along with the king, Hyukjae oppa, Hyoyeon, and Taemin sat in the front row in the upper box with all the other high-ranking royalties.

"Ladies and gentlemen, greetings! William Shakespeare at your service. I am here to present the most spectacular show ever written in history, my friends. A show that says, 'for never was a story of more woe -than this of Juliet and her Romeo.' I am proud to present you, 'Romeo and Juliet!'" this so-called William Shakespeare said, and the crowd goes wild!

The play was about two lovers -Romeo and Juliet. They came from families that were sworn enemies. Never did they imagined they would fall in love with each other. They are falling really hard. But Juliet was about to marry Count Paris.

Juliet asked Friar Laurence for help, and he offers her a drug that would put her into a death-like coma for forty two hours. The Friar promised to send a messenger to Romeo to inform him about this. On the night before Juliet's wedding, she took the drug and apparently dead, she was laid in the family crypt.

However, the messenger failed to reach Romeo. When Romeo learns about Juliet's death, he bought a poison from an apothecary due to his broken heart. He visits the Capulet crypt and finds Paris. They engaged in a battle and Romeo kills Paris.

Still believing Juliet to be dead, the drinks the poison. Soon enough, Juliet wakes, and finding Romeo dead, she grabbed the Romeo's dagger and stabs himself. Both parties -Capulet and Montague -reconciling by their children's death to end the violent feud. 

The play ends with the Prince's elegy for the lovers: "For never was a story of more woe - than this of Juliet and her Romeo."

 

I can't help but cry. The play is so romantic and yet, it ended in such a tragic way. Isn't Romeo and Juliet meant for each other? Why does it have to end that way? I know everyone in the theatre cried. I looked to my side and found Kibum oppa crying, too.

After we give all our applauses to the people who put so much effort in this spectacular show, I liked my arms to Kibum oppa and we get inside the carriage. Even in the carriage, I can't help shedding tears. Their love was so natural, but destiny doesn't allow them. How rude life was!

"You still haven't gotten over it?" Kibum oppa asked.

I shook my head as I damp my handkerchief with my tears.

"I didn't know you have that fragile side." he said softly.

"Excuse me? Are you telling me I am fragile?!"

"Yes."

"I am not fragile! I just can't help it. The story's too good."

As I was trying to stop my tears, I feel the weight of the carriage shift. Kibum oppa was now beside me. He put his arms around my shoulder and I snuggled close to him. My tears betrayed me. Instead, they poured heavier as Kibum oppa comfort me. No, my tears didn't just came from the play. I just burst all my feelings out. I cried my heart out. Hoping that all the confusion in my heart would go away.

Feeling safe and sound against his body, I dozed off.

I was half-awake when I felt Kibum oppa carrying me towards the palace. I'm enjoying this moment so there's no way I'm 'waking up.' He carried me towards my chamber. I know because I'm familiar when the scent of my things.

"Yoong-ah! You're so heavy!" he said as he settled me in my bed. Then I heard him chuckle. He brushed a strand of hair from my face and tuck it under my ear. "You're such a dork. And adorable at the same time. Can you be my Juliet?" I heard another chuckle. I felt him kiss my forehead. And he was gone.


A/N: Hey guys! This is kind of short. But yeah, Kibum is starting to have feelings for Yoona! I still don't know what Yoona should do. She thinks she's still in love with Eunhyuk. Silly Yoona.