Voyage

A Mishap in Time { ON HIATUS }

 

Last night, before I go to sleep, someone knocked on my door. I was surprised to see Yoona crying. I let her in. She told me that she had a fight with Hyoyeon. She told me that Hyoyeon stepped into her chambers without permission and argued with her about everything. I, on the other hand do not understand why. She told me that Hyoyeon is jealous of her that is why. I comforted her and let her sleep beside me. Everything she said all seems so true. Why would she cry if not? I just don't understand why did Hyoyeon do that to her. How the hell would she envy Yoona when all these times, ever since she came back into my life, it was her who I think about.

 

When I woke up, it was just time for breakfast. I took a quick bath and I left Yoona sleeping in my chambers. I went to the kitchen to grab a meal. Sahm chon happily gave me one that sure gives me energy for the day. I went to my classes. I was proud of myself because my mentor, Monsieur Kim is glad that I was learning very fast. For my first period, he taught me History, Politics, and Music. After lunch, Monsieur Lee is to handle me. He will be my mentor in harnessing my combat skills. Today our lesson is the use of swords. I had a background in handling swords for some time. He is just too happy that I'm learning fast.

 

It was already 5:00 pm when Monsieur Lee dismissed me. Tonight I prepared something for Hyoyeon. I will prove to her that she's the one I love and not Yoona. I will show her that she's got no reason to envy Yoona. And I will make her feel my love for her. Taemin took part in the preparations. We bought a boat and hired a boatman near Seine. It was the perfect place. We also hired a guitarist to play us songs. I asked Sahm-chon to cook us Ratatouille, her favorite dish, and some pasta and garlic bread. Taemin bought us champagne. He made sure that everything will be perfect once Hyoyeon and I get there.

 

It was already 6:30 pm when I get to the courtyard to fetch her. When I got there, it's like she's out of her mind. Or she's really in deep thoughts. When she heard my footsteps, she came back to reality.

 

"Hyo, are you ready?"

 

"Oppa! I thought you'll never come."

 

"I wouldn't do that. I'll never forget you."

 

"Where are we going, oppa?"

 

"It's a surprise. Let's go."

 

She holds on to my arms. It was quite cold today. It's a good thing she wore thick dresses. We didn't need to ride in a carriage. Seine is just a walking distance. When we go out, the busy people were now closing their stores. People are starting to go home. Only a few people saw us. They bowed to me as a sign of respect. I can feel Hyoyeon's clutches tighten whenever we pass some dogs barking at us. Sometimes I caught her looking at me. She would turn her head around, trying to hide her blushing face.

 

It was already 7:00 pm when we get to the place. When we get to the pier, I saw Taemin talking to the boatman and the guitarist we hired. I can see that our boat is all set. I helped her climb to the boat. She tripped and almost falls overboard. Good thing I caught her immediately. We sat beside each other and our voyage began.

 

"Bon voyage!" Taemin called. The boatman started sailing. He was on the other side of the boat, so he can't hear Hyoyeon and me talking. Near the boatman is the guitarist, already playing a song for us. It was a beautiful song, very romantic, perfect for nights like this.

 

"Wow, Eunhyuk oppa. I can't believe it." she said, gazing into my eyes. "This is beautiful."

 

"I'm glad you liked it." I said.

 

We then started our dinner. I gave her a plate of pasta and some garlic bread for appetizer.

 

"How did you plan for this? I mean, wow." she took a fork and ate the spaghetti. "Hmm. This is delicious. You should taste it!" she said and took another serving. I opened my mouth and she feed me the pasta.

 

"Who cooked this?" she asked, while stuffing a piece of garlic bread in .

 

"Sahm-chon. He is the palace chef." I said. "You like his spaghetti?"

 

"This is the most delicious thing I ever tasted." She said, before opening for another serving of the pasta. "Oppa, you're making me fat." she pouted after she swallowed the spaghetti.

 

"I don't care if you're fat or not." I told her.

 

"Yah oppa. Don't joke around like that!" she said, before stuffing meatballs in .

 

She's just too cute while eating. No, I didn't even take a bite. I want to see her eating peacefully. I want to see her happy.

 

"Yah oppa! Why aren't you eating?" she asked me after she finished the plate I gave her. I just shook my head. I took a tulip glass and pour champagne into it.

 

I handed her the glass of champagne before giving her a plate of ratatouille.

 

"Oppa, is this?"

 

"Yes, that is ratatouille." This time, I feed her.

 

"Wow, oppa. It's been a long time since I tasted this. Since Mom died, I never found any Ratatouille that tastes much better than hers." She took a spoonful and swallowed it. She continued, "Hmm. This is like the best I've tasted since the past ten years."

 

 

"I know. Nothing just compares to Mom's cooking."

 

"Did Sahm-chon cook this, too?"

 

"Yes."

 

"Wow, he's so good in this. You must introduce me to him some time."

 

"Of course."

 

And so our date didn't end like that. We talked of almost everything. She is such a gossip girl. We talked of sweet nothings, silly things, until we get tired. I have one more surprise for her, actually. Around 8:00, I asked the boatman to turn around and sail against the current. It's a good thing the tide's not quite high so the boatman managed to sail without problem.

 

"Oppa, I'm tired. Are we there yet" Not yet, baby. 1 minute to go. She's like a baby cuddling in my arms.

 

"Wait. We're almost there."

 

45 seconds...

 

30...

 

15...

 

5...

 

"Hyo, look up." I told her.

 

As soon as she looked up the big bright skies, she saw a series of green lights being fired up to the sky forming different shapes and producing loud booming sounds that shattered the night's stillness.

 

"Waaah oppaaaa!" I heard her squeal.

 

"Do you like it?" I asked.

 

"I love it!" She stared at the fireworks display once again before gazing back at me.

 

"What?" I asked.

 

"I love you oppa." she said before burying her head onto my chest.

 

I covered my arms around her and whispered, "Je t'aime toujours."

 

She looked up to me and slowly, our faces close to each other. I gathered up all my courage and finally, my lips landed on hers.




 

 

a/n: Happy New Year to everyone! I hope you like this chapter! Please comment more & thank you for all the subscribers! I didn't actually expect the subscribers to go up to this. Thank you for so much support! No silet reader please! Please tell me what you think about the story! :)

ps: Je t'aime toujours means I love you always. Hehe~