Peril

A Mishap in Time { ON HIATUS }

 

When I woke up, I went to the bathroom for a quick dip. Then I put on the usual clothes. Today, there is nothing so special. Just a normal day for everyone. I kissed Yoona, the sleeping beauty, on the cheeks before I go out for breakfast. This day is perfect! When I went down the kitchen, Sahm-chon was already preparing breakfast for the Royal Family.

 

"Annyeong!" I greeted Sahm-chon.

 

"Annyeong, Hyukjae!" he said.

 

"Sahm-chon, is my breakfast already up?" I asked.

 

"Oh, no, dear. You'll be having your breakfast with the King. He told me you'll be joining them." he said.

 

"But, why? Is there something important that I need to know?"

 

"You know the King wouldn't share breakfast with you if it's not important. I heard the King will have a visitor."

 

"Who?"

 

"I don't know. The King said it's unusual. The visitor had a letter sent yesterday."

 

"I see."

 

Now I was confused. Why would the King want me to have breakfast with him?

 

 

 

-flashback-

 

The first time I had breakfast with the King was when I was a kid. 10 years ago, when I ran away from home, I went directly to the King. The guards didn't mind me because Dad is a friend of the King. It was a dark night. Although the King was already sleeping, he let me in. He gave me a place to sleep. Then on the next day, the King asked me to eat breakfast with him.

 

"So, my son. Why did you ran away?" the King asked.

 

"I hate my family. Please, your Highness. Please don't give me to them." I begged.

 

"Is that what you want? You know, your father really loves you."

 

"Please. I would do anything. Just don't tell them I'm here. I'm begging you." I said.

 

"It's fine for me, son. But sooner or later, you have to go back to your family."

 

"Yes, my Lord. I understand."

 

-end of flashback-

 

 

 

After that, the King asked Kibum to me to an empty chamber. That will be my chambers as long as I'm staying here. It was the same old chamber I've got since today. From then on, Kibum and I were friends. From there, he introduced me to Yoona. Later on, we became the infamous trio. But, Kibum was frequently outside with some of the Knights, inspecting the markets, collecting taxes.

 

"How long will that take, Sahm-chon?" I asked, coming back to reality.

 

"Not too soon, dear." Sahm-chon just finished preparing the main course.

 

"Uhh, I'm starving!"

 

"You must wait patiently, my boy."

 

"Ne, Sahm-chon!"

 

"So, how was your relationship with Yoona?" he asked.

 

"We're doing great, Sahm-chon. Please, don't ask me about my love life. You know I'm shy."

 

"Come on! How about the Lady?"

 

"What Lady?"

 

"The Lady who's supposed to marry the Prince?"

 

"Ah, Hyoyeon. What about her?"

 

"Well, I know you're getting a bit intimate with her."

 

"Aniyo, that's not true. I think of her only as a sister. Nothing more, nothing less."

 

"I see. So, Yoona's still the one?"

 

"Ne, Sahm-chon! Always will be."

 

 

 

-flashback-

 

After years, Yoona and I became close friends. Every once in a while, Miina Kingdom's King and Princess Yoona will come to visit. Somehow, their visits became even more often, that Yoona and I hang out even more often. Soon, we became more than just close friends. A mutual understanding.

 

One day, I was invited again to join the King's breakfast. I've been part of their family for some years, and they would not mind if I join their breakfast. The problem is, it was I who doesn't want to join. But at times like this, they must need my presence. I was seated next to Kibum. The King on the head of the table. On the other side was the King. On his right was Yoona.

 

"King Im _____, we've been in a strong alliance over the past years. And our accomplishments have established." Kibum's Dad began.

 

"Yes, King Lee _____. I must say that our countries will have more than what we have right now if we would do some family ties."

 

"I have that in my mind, too. My son here and your daughter have established a good relationship. Don't you think it's time to tie the knot?"

 

"Well, my daughter here is very fond of Kibum, aren't you, my dear?" I saw Yoona smiled to Kibum's Dad. He smiled to Yoona in return. As for Kibum, he didn't react to anything at all. It's like he have very deep thoughts.

 

I was mad. That was the first time I get mad with Kibum. He had everything. And now he was offered a marriage with Yoona. No, I can't take it anymore. They're using her. Her ethereal beauty for some nonsense power. These Kings had taken it to the edge. They can't force Yoona. I know she didn't want to be forced. There are a lot of things going on inside my mind. Then suddenly.

 

"I don't want to get married." I heard Kibum say from my left. I was surprised. Who didn't want to marry Yoona?

 

"My son, do not be rude. We've already talked about this. Kindly cooperate." I heard the King whisper to him.

 

"Oh, please, sir. It's all right. We need not to force him. Maybe he has some other things in his mind." I heard Yoona suddenly say.

 

Then the whole breakfast became awkward. No one spoke a word until the breakfast was finished.

 

-end of flashback-

 

 

 

And it was like the end of their relationship. Yoona and I became even more closer. I know she still had feelings for him. But I can't lose her to Kibum. No, I won't allow it.

 

"Sahm-chon! I'm hungry!" I whined.

 

"Don't worry, Hyuk. It's nearly done!" he said.

 

And so I waited patiently. Then after some time, everything's done. I went out to the Dining Room to help prepare the utensils that will be used. When everything's on its right place, I went outside to meet with the King. The King and Kibum were already set. Just as I am. They seem to be waiting for someone. When I look out, I saw a very familiar person.

 

"Good morning, your Majesty!" I heard the man greeted the King.

 

"Good heavens, Chisoo! Call yourself lucky, I received your letter just yesterday! Come, join us on our breakfast." the King said.

 

Then the King leads the way. Kibum and I followed behind. My heart beats so fast. I sat beside Kibum, who is on the right side of the King. And on the far end of the table, was Chisoo. I was confused. Afraid.  Then, everything seems to get so fast. My ears hurt as the words spill out of the man's lips. Every word he said, they were all throwing me guilt.

 

He said everything. Everything. He spilled every drop of secret he has.  If you have ever experience something that feels strangely familiar, as if the exact same thing has happened to you before, then you are experiencing what the French call, "de javu." Like most French expressions-"ennui" which is a fancy term for severe boredom, or "la petite mort," which describes a feeling that part of you has died-"de javu" refers to something that is usually not very pleasant, because it is curious to feel as if you have heard or seen something that you have heard or seen before.

 

It was not pleasant for Eunhyuk to hear those words again. It was not pleasant for him, to hear those words under the care of his real family. His hands were shaking. He couldn't even manage to swallow a single spoonful of the soup Sahm-chon has prepared. It was very unnatural of him. After the Knight told his tale, the King was just as startled as Eunhyuk was. Kibum, on the other hand, was in rage. He couldn't understand a thing at all.

 

For a moment, everyone was silent. But then, for another, Kibum started to get wild.

 

"How dare you speak such nonsense?!" Kibum stood and shouted at Chisoo. "How dare you say that I am not the rightful heir to the throne?"

 

"I am only speaking the truth, your Highness!" Chisoo answered.

 

"Now, now, Kibum. Where are your manners?" the King bellowed. "Chisoo, there must be a misunderstanding."

 

"Oh, no, Your Majesty. I am speaking the truth. In fact, here is a letter from the late Queen. Before she passed away that night." Chisoo get a white envelope from his pockets. There was the castle's insignia. But it was an extraordinary one. The King examined the envelope as if it was the most fragile thing.

 

"I don't believe in everything you just said!" Kibum roared once again. "You're telling us that Eunhyuk is my father's son and I'm not?! What nonsense!"

 

"Guards! Guards! Arrest this man!" Kibum called to the guards outside. Then, the doors opened and the guards came in. "Lock him up in the dungeons!"


 

I AM SORRY.

I am terribly sorry guys. I hope you aren't mad. It's been such a long time since I updated. :'( I hope you guys forgive me. Ohhhhh, I'm so ashamed of myself. It's all right if you won't like the chapter. It's my fault... I hope you understand guyss..I've been so busy.... Like I always said... Anyway..

MERRY CHRISTMAS! :)

GOD BLESS! :)

I LOVE YOU ALL! :)