Sea Sick

A Mishap in Time { ON HIATUS }

I feel like I'm gonna be sick. This is my first time to actually ride a ship! We're travelling for what seemed like hours. Damn! I hate this feeling. I hate being so vulnerable. Anytime I can die of sickness! Besides, I don't know how to swim! What if I get thrown overboard? Ugh, life ! Why did the Aegyo Empire had to be so far?!

I wish Appa was here. He could give me some calming words. Sadly, he doesn't like travelling too much. I wish the king was here. We get along very well. Too bad he's too old to travel. I wish Sahm-chon was here, too. So I can do something while fighting this sea-sickness. Or at least he could give me something to eat or drink to avoid being sick. Why didn't he want to leave anyway?

Ugh, life . I feel my head is spinning. Ugh. Besides, I'm not used to the smell of the seas! Tsk. Add Yoona to the picture. Ugh. She's always annoying me. Even though she's not talking to me I can feel myself go dizzy. It's like instant! Just add sea water. Equals life's ruined. Once I set foot on Aegyo Empire, I'll have Sunny give me a place to sleep. Like I'm dying. Ughhh.

I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in." I said.

I am lying in my bed, hoping I could ease my mind. Or my stomach. My head is aching, I hope sleeping could wash them away.

"Here you are, Hyo!" It was Kibum oppa. "I'm looking for you everywhere!"

"I'm not in the mood. I feel so sick." I managed to say.

"Let's go to the deck. The view's really nice. Plus, fresh air will do you good." he said.

"As long as I'm not on land, I won't feel any good." I said.

"Aww, come on!" Kibum oppa said and pulled my arm.

I tried to get up. I hold onto Kibum oppa as we went to the main deck. Taemin is talking with Yoona. That's the first thing I saw. And it made me feel more dizzy.  I saw Eunhyuk oppa exit the captain's cabin. He's making his way to ours.

"Hey Yeonie." he said.

"Don't call me Yeonie." I replied.

"What's the matter with you? You're irritable but you don't look sick." he said.

"That's what I'm wondering about. She said she feels sick but doesn't even look pale." Kibum oppa said.

"That's weird." Yoona butted in. I gave her a glare. "Sorry. You must be hungry."

"Yeah, noona. You hadn't had breakfast." Taemin said.

"Come on. Let's get you something to eat." Eunhyuk oppa said. He held my hand and we went to the cabin.

Eunhyuk oppa gave me something to eat. I didn't bother looking at it or studying it because of some reason. I didn't even remember how it tasted, but I did feel better a lot after I finished eating. I guess I'm really hungry as they said. Thank you, Yoona! I owe you one. Did she really care about me earlier? That's pretty weird. Should I make up with her? I don't know.

"Gosh! I feel really good now, oppa." I told Eunhyuk oppa as he sat beside me.

"You must be really hungry! Haha! You should thank Yoona. She knows almost everything about sea sick. She has been sailing from countries to countries countless times since she's a kid." he said.

"Hey! It's not my fault! It's just my first time! And don't mention Yoona to me!" I growled.

"Someone's jealous..." he chuckled.

"Of course I'll be jealous!"

"You know I don't like her. And you of all people should know that I'll get married soon."

"Chincha?! You're? You're getting married? To whom? Wae?" I was in shock. Am I hearing things right? "What did you say?"

"I said, I'm getting married soon."

"Oh... Who is this lucky lady?" I feel like my world is gonna crash. Otteoke?

"You're such a silly girl! You seriously have no idea who is going to be my queen?!" He laughed at me.

"Yah! You're such a bad person! You're getting married to someone else but--"

I was cut off by him. He kissed me. Oh my. His lips are so soft. And they tasted like mint. He s his arms around my waist and kissed me deeper. Why does he make me love him so much? We were so engrossed making out when I realized that it was too hot and I needed fresh air and he can't be stopped. I know what is going to happen.

"Yah oppa!" I pulled out. But he won't. I shoved him and stood up. I ran for the door but he was so fast! He pinned me to the wall.

"Let's do it." he whispered in my ears. And he was kissing me again.

Oh, no, there's no way I'm giving in. Although I love you, Lee Hyukjae, I'm sorry. I took all of my might and pulled out. I looked at him. I stared at his eyes for a moment. I hit him square in the face.

"Oww! What was that for!?" He said, rubbing his cheeks.

"That's for not letting me breathe." I said and kicked him in between his legs. "And that's for trying to make love to me."

"Oww, Yeonie!" He said as he crumpled down in pain.

"Mianhae oppa! Don't do it again." I said and I left him.

-~-

 

We continued sailing to the West. Everything became normal to me. I  got used to the ocean's waves in a little while. Eunhyuk came back to me after I kicked him. He said he was sorry and he was not going to do it anymore until we got married. So it turned out that I was the girl he will marry. I can't help but get nervous. Oh well, happiness overload!

When it got darker, the whole crew gathered for some fun. Some played some music and the others told some stories. The others drank alcohol. The others ate. Soon everyone got tired and sleepy. I went to my bunk and tried to sleep. I guss the news Eunhyuk gave me didn't help me to sleep. I think I was staring into nothing for an hour when I heard a door open and closed. I guess someone couldn't sleep, too? I wonder if it's Eunhyuk.

I crawled out of my bunk and changed into a simple dress. I went to the starboard but I saw no one.. Are there ghosts in this ship? Tsk! I must be dreaming when I heard a sound. I turned around to go back to my bunk when I saw two dear eyes staring at me.

"Yah! Yoona! What was that for?!" I said as she laughed. "Trying to scare me, huh?"

"I'm sorry! I just can't sleep, so I though I should go out for a while. Then I saw you."

"Oh. I can't sleep, too. I wonder why..." I said. We walked to the edge to the ship. It's really windy but it's a good thing there's no storm.

"That's normal for first-timers." Yoona said.

"But this is not your first time, right? Do you have any problems?" I asked.

"Actually, I do have problems. Lots of them."

"I don't mind listening to some. Maybe I can help?" I guess this would be fine if I help her. Try to build our relationship?

"Oh! You really are of big help!" she exclaimed.

"Really? How can I help you?"

Her expression changed. Suddenly I got nervous. I know where is this going. Yoona and I were still not in good terms. Otteoke?

"Easy. Tell Hyukjae oppa you don't love him and that you won't marry him." she smirked.

"Nonsense!'

Yoona pulled out a knife from somewhere and now it's pointing at me.

"Yoona, please don't fool around." I nervously told her. "Put the knife down."

"Put the knife down, or what?"

Suddenly I don't know what's happening. She tried to stab me with the knife but I managed to duck.

"Yoona, please stop!" I begged.

She kept on swinging her knife at me but I was just dodging her. I was really really in the edge of the ship now. If I move any further I'll fall. I charged at her and tried to get the knife from her. I managed to get it from her. But she tried to get it back, so I slashed a cut through her cheek.

"Oh, Yoona, I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed.

"How dare you?!" she glared at me.

And the next thing I know, I was being pushed off overboard. I held onto the knife like it meant saving me. I know it was of no use. I can feel the wind beneath me. They're dancing. Yoona looked horrified as her figure got smaller. I closed my eyes, anticipating the coldness of the water. I felt it. And that's the last thing I know.