Innocent

A Mishap in Time { ON HIATUS }

Yoona's POV

I was tending to my scar that Hyoyeon made when Kibum stormed into by cabin.

"Oppa, what a surprise!" I smiled at him.

"What have you done?" he looked at me like I was a monster.

"Mwo? I have done nothing." They knew it.

"Come on, Yoona. Don't act like you're innocent. I know you pushed her overboard."

"Who? What are you talking about?" I must act innocent.

"You're the only one who would do such a thing."

"What happened?"

"Hyoyeon is missing. And I know you're behind it."

"Don't talk such nonsense, oppa. Why would I do such a thing?"

"Why would you do such a thing? Why hurt her? Are your grudges that bad? Are you still in love with Hyukjae that you can't give him to someone else? Aren't you contented with me? I gave you everything, Yoona. What's gotten into you? You're not like that! And you know what's worse? That was my sister you threw overboard!" I am shocked. Did he just say all those things?

"Oppa, I can explain!"

"I don't want your explanations!" Tears started to form in my eyes. I can't face him. I know I'm wrong. I'm sorry.

"Please oppa, believe me. I have no intention to do that! It was an accident!"

"If you don't have the intention, why didn't you tell us what happened? Why didn't you alarm any of the crew? Why keep it to yourself?! We could've saved her. She doesnt know how to swim! How is she supposed to survive there?"

"I don't want any of this to happen." I looked down in shame.

"You're a liar."

"Oppa, please, listen to me! Give me a chance! Please don't tell anyone I did it. Please, oppa!"

"I can't believe you're too shallow. We're over. As soon as we get to the Aegyo Empire, go back to the Kingdom where you belong." He made his way to the door.

"You're breaking up with me?" I looked at him.

He looked me straight in the eyes. "Yes." and he shut the door.

-~-

Kibum's POV

Eunhyuk was furious. Nobody knows what happened. Except me. And Yoona. I can't believe I broke up with her. She was crying. Does she really mean what she said? I know she's a good actress. But I can't take it. Seeing those tears in her eyes. I just made her cry for heaven's sake! What kind of man I am? Making girls cry... At the same time I can't tell everybody that I knew it. I just love Yoona that much. Did I do the right thing?

Eunhyuk was pacing back and forth. He don't know what to do. Taemin suggested we go back for her. But her whereabouts were unknown. Besides, the fuel is not enough. We should continue sailing to the West and from there, we should get rescue for Hyoyeon.

"Kibum, as soon as we get in the Aegyo Empire, I'm going to look for her. Settle all accounts with the Queen for me." Eunhyuk said.

"That would not be possible, Hyuk. You're the real prince. You must do it." I said.

"What about Hyoyeon? I can't just leave her there."

"I can look for her. For you." I told him.

"I'll participate in the search, too." Taemin volunteered. "Kibum hyung is right, you should settle all negotiations first. Afterwards, join us in the search."

"Will you be fine?"

"Of course. We can do it." I said.

"Take some men with you. The captain said we were moving at a rate of a hundred kilometers per hour last night. We must be at an open sea when she's gone missing."

"That would be hard. How will she survive?" Taemin asked. "What if she fell and got unconscious?"

"She will survive. I know her." Hyukjae insisted.

-~-

Hyoyeon's POV

My head hurts. Everything is spinning. Hyukjae, where are you?

I woke up. I heard two footsteps. I pretended to be sleeping.

"She must have had a hard fall. Good thing we fished her out of the sea." I heard a husky voice say.

"She looks pretty, my Lord. We can sell her when we get to the Aegyo Empire." Another voice say. Much older voice.

"Idiot! Can't you see she's properly dressed? She must've come from a wealthy family." the husky voice continued. "Or probably she's of royalty."

"If the Queen knows her, we should give her back! The Queen will pay us real gold, for sure!"

"We should wait until she wakes up."

"Yes, we should."

Then the footsteps walked out of the room. Their voices were gone, too. Where am I?

I opened my eyes to see that I am in a ship. Oh, gods! This is my first time to be in a ship. But, why does it felt so familiar? Have I been in a ship before? I looked at my surroundings and found out that I am in a cabin. I am wearing something different, though. Something that I don't really wear often. I looked at something that caught my attention. It's a fine looking knife. But, why is there a knife in here? Isn't this supposed to be a bedroom or something? Did someone tried to kill me when I'm in deep slumber?

I sat bolt upright when someone opened the door. It looks like we're both surprised to see each other.

"You're awake, milady." the man said. It was the same husky voice that planned to sell me somewhere. I just stared at him, not bothering to say anything.

"My crew and I fished you out of the sea. You look pretty terrible. You were unconscious." he said.

The man is tall. Really tall. But he looked really handsome, too. Though, he's not really my type. I already have my Hyukjae. Hyukjae. Hyukjae. Who is he? A distant memory flashed at the back of my mind. But it was vague.

The man looked like he's looking for something. When he found it, he handed a small piece of bread to me.

"Eat. You will feel better." he said.

"Thank you!" I told him. I took the bread from him and ate it. Why does it seem that everything is wrong?

"What is your name?" the man asked me.

"My name is-" I was shocked. What is my name? Omo. I. I. What is my name?

"Milady, I'm afraid you had a bad fall. Don't you remember anything? You must be sailing somewhere. And you fell." he said.

"I don't remember being in a ship." I said nervously. What is happening to me?

Hyukjae. Who is this Hyukjae? Why is he the only thing my memory had?

Tears started to fall from my eyes. I don't know why. But I can't remember anything! I just can't remember anything at all! Why?

"Please don't cry, milady. Here." he handed me a handkerchief. "I'm sure you are pretty upset about what happened to you. We are sailing to the Aegyo Empire. Maybe you can find your memory there."

"Thank you for everthing. What is your name?" I asked.

"My name is Siwon. I am the Aegyo Empire Queen's legal advisor."

-~-

I knew they're planning something really bad. Just when they are getting off the boat, I took the knife and hid it below my skirt. I also took a couple of gold coins on the way. In case. I sneaked my way out of the boat until I get to a public place. I must stay out of their way. I walked around the town, hoping I could see someone or hear something familiar. I just hope someone will find me here. I went inside a bakery and tried to eavesdrop on what the others are talking about. Something like a prince that was never a prince before?

"What's his name again?"

"They call him Eunhyuk. He didn't even looked like a prince. Prince Kibum is way much better."

"I know, right? And Prince Kibum looks more French than the new prince."

"Anyway, I wonder why Prince Taemin and Prince Kibum didn't go to the palace..."

"I heard they were looking for a beautiful sea goddess!"

"Why look for a goddess when there are so many beautiful ladies here in our Kingdom?"

"Oh! Oh! Look at her! That is Princess Yoona from the Minna Kingdom! She's so beautiful!"

"Ohh yes! They say that she's supposed to marry Prince Kibum!"

"But Kibum's not the prince anymore, right? What a pity."

As soon as I bought a bread, I looked at where the other girls are looking. And I saw her. She's riding a horse-drawn carriage. She's really, really beautiful. She looks like a goddess. Wow. Her skin is so soft and white. Her eyes are like beads. But why does she look so gloomy? I exit the bakery to get a clearer view.

There was a traffic so the carriage stayed there for a while. She's really pretty! Oh my, I am nothing compared to her. She's a natural beauty. Suddenly, her eyes met with my gaze. Her expression changed. Like she was petrified just by looking at me. What did I do? Am I in a somewhat connection with her?

"Hyoyeon." She said towards me. But it felt like she just whispered it to herself. What does that mean?

I wanted to talk to her. It felt like we knew each other very well.

But it was too late. The carriage moved. And I was left there. Now with two names are circling in my head: Hyukjae and Hyoyeon.