Who?

A Mishap in Time { ON HIATUS }

Yoona's POV

"Yoona!"

By hearing my name, I stopped dead on my tracks. I turned around and found Kibum oppa running towards me. I was going to follow Hyukjae oppa, but then I found him and Hyoyeon. And now, Kibum oppa will ruin all my plan.

"Oppa?" I flashed him my angelic smile.

"Yoona! I missed you!" He hugged me. The maids saw it and they giggled. Omo, I must be blushing!

"Oppa! I missed you too!"

"Since when are you back?"

"I just came."

"Were you looking for me?" he asked.

"Aniyo, I was looking for..."  Darn it. Kibum oppa, you ruined everything! ..  "... I was looking for the King."

"Oh, he's in his chambers. I'm afraid he's not taking visitors."

"Waeyo?"

"He's sick." I gasped.

"Does Hyukjae knows about this?"

"Aniyo. He's sick way months before. Hyukjae never knew." he said. "Anyway, would you like to have some tea?"

"Sure."

When we were nearing to the courtyard and we found Hyukjae oppa training there. Suddenly I want to go back. My heart was thumping so fast. What is this? 

"Oppa, why don't we just walk around?" I grabbed his hands to stop him.

"Why? Did you change you mind about the tea?" He stopped walking and faced me.

"Yes." I looked down. I don't want him to see what's in my eyes.

"What do you want to do?"

"I don't really have something in my mind." I grinned, showing him my aegyo.

"Let's just go out of the palace. There are strolling entertainers performing for some penny." He grabbed my hand and we skipped out of the castle.

"Yah! Oppa! Don't go so fast!" I tried to stop but couldn't. He's just too fast and strong.

We stopped momentarily when we're out of the castle to catch some breath. But he grabbed my hand once more and we ran along the streets of Paris. Soon enough, we were racing towards the market place. There, we saw a huge circle of crowd. They're flocking over someone. When we get nearer, I saw fire being breathed out.

"Woah! What was that?"

"That was a fire-eater."

He grabbed my hands once again and we started to make it through the crowd to get a clear view. The man was dancing with fire. Literally! There were musicians playing some music around and the man was dancing with it. The atmosphere is so alive and cheerful. Everyone is watching intently at the fire-eater. And some other performers too.

Kibum oppa took some coins from his pocket and threw it to the fire-eater's box. Then he grabbed my hand and the next thing I know, we were in a place where there's so many foods sold in the street! We come closer to a vendor and Kibum oppa spoke to him. I didn't heard what he said, but he's watching intently as the vendor make his order.

He came back with two breads in his hand. He handed me the other one and he started to eat his. I looked at it and I actually don't know hot to eat it. I watched him how he ate his.

"I don't know what it's called, but it's really good. This is a pita. It's stuffed with chicken and some lettuce and tomatoes. It's really tasty! You've got to try this. The cream is good, too!"

"Oppa... How to eat this?"

"You just take a bite then you'll get the hang of it."

I took a bite and found out that it is really good. I took another bite. And another. Omo. I can't believe I finished everything already!

"Do you like it?" he asked.

"I like it very much!" I said. "Thank you oppa!"

"Where do you want to go next?" he asked.

"I have no idea! Tell me."

"There is a play later at the theatre. Do you want to go there?"

"What's the show about?"

"I don't know. Let's check it out later?"

"Yeah, sure."

"For now, let's go back to the castle."

"Yeah, it was a pretty tiring day."

We were walking back to the castle when Kibum suddenly get a hold of my hand. My heart is beating in a fast, strong pattern. I looked at him and he smiled at me. I smiled back. Kibum oppa was really sweet today. In fact, it's the first time he's been sweet to me. I wonder why? As we're walking, I can't help pondering over some things. Why is he doing this?

"Yoona-sshi, do you still have feelings for Hyukjae?" I heard Kibum suddenly asked.

"Mwoh?"

"Do you still like him?"

"Why do you ask?"

"Because, I have to tell you to stop it. Immediately. He's doing well with Hyoyeon now. And sooner or later they would be marrying each other." he said.

"You have no idea how much I love Hyukjae oppa." I get out of his hold.

"I know you have done lots of things together. But he had not loved you."

His words pierced through my heart. No, I know what's real. Hyukjae oppa's the one who's beside me whenever you broke my heart. He's caring for me when you make me cry.

"Why are you saying these to me?" I stopped walking.

"Because I love my sister and I don't want her getting hurt. I want you to get out of the picture." Oh I almost forgot. Hyoyeon is Kibum oppa's sister.

"Is that the real reason?" I looked at him. Why does Hyoyeon had to get everything? Kibum oppa adores her so much.

"Yes." he said.

I didn't realize I was tearing up until he brushed his thumb onto my cheek to get the tear out.  Why am I crying? I stopped his hand from brushing my tears away. I continued walking my way to the palace. I heard him call me several times but I didn't look back. I know he started to run after me because I heard his footsteps.

"What's the matter?"

"Let's just go back to the palace." I said coldly.

I tried to stop my tears from falling. I've got to be strong. I can't let him show my weakness. Soon we're back to the palace. As soon as I step in, a maid come to me.

"Ma'am, your things are already in your usual chamber." she said.

"Thank you." I replied.

"Do you need anything?" she asked.

"None at the moment. Thank you."

The maid bowed to me and to Kibum oppa and walked away. I walked to my chamber. Kibum is still following me. We haven't talked since we get here. If I talk, I feel that my tears would burst. We were in front of my chamber's doors when I faced him.

"I'm sorry, Yoona." he broke the silence. I pretend not to hear what he said. I didn't look in his eyes. "I know you can hear me." Kibum oppa said.

He let out a sigh. He s his hands to my waist and he pulled me to a hug. He rest his head on my shoulder. "I am sorry okay? I am sorry for ignoring you when we were kids. I'm sorry if I didn't even try to learn to love you. I am sorry if I made you cry. If I made you feel bad. I am sorry if I broke your heart. I thought I was in love with somebody else. I was foolish enough not to notice all your hard works. I am sorry."

He pulled away from the hug. "You should rest now."

I stared into his eyes. "You shouldn't have done that." I told him.

I went inside my chamber and locked the door behind me. He shouldn't have done that. Now he's making me so confused. Why is he doing this? Just when I thought I could get on with my plans for me and Hyukjae oppa. Why is he coming around making my heart flutter? I threw myself onto my bed and started crying. I am so confused.