New Friends, Old Enemies

A Mishap in Time { ON HIATUS }

Today when I woke up, everything felt just right. Maybe because of what happened last night. That was the most splendid thing that happened to me. Today I woke up later than the usual. I am a bit of an early riser. I took a bath and went to the courtyard. It feels so good in the morning. The breeze is so cold and the birds are singing together. I sat on a bench and looked at the sky. It's so peaceful.

"Bonjour!" Someone said. I turn my head around and saw Taemin.

"Hi!" I smiled at him. But he didn't smiled back.

I guess it's true that he's not that friendly according to Sunny. But, I still think he's a good person. I watched him walk across the courtyard. I guess he's checking the plants. He seem to be finding something. Suddenly he stops, gazing at a bush of red roses. He looked at me.

"Hyoyeon noona, what is your favorite color?" he asked me.

I was taken aback. I didn't expect him to ask that kind of question. "My favorite color is green." I said.

"Oh. Then, what do you think is the best color if I would give flowers to someone?" he asked.

I was surprised. "Uhh, red. I guess?"

"Thank you noona!" he said.

He then picked a single red rose and hurriedly get out of the courtyard. I, on the other hand, was curious enough to follow him. I wonder what would he be doing with that flower? Why didn't he buy a bouquet instead? I'm sure he is rich enough to buy one. Why pick a single flower?

He called some of his body guards and they started walking. I followed them until we get out of the castle. They were walking along the streets of Paris. But the curious thing is, what's with the flower? I mean, I think he is just collecting taxes. I don't know about this guy, but I'm sure I'm gonna find out.

I followed them secretly in every inch they went. Too bad I didn't ate breakfast. My stomach is growling! But still, I didn't stop. They were standing in front of the local library. Right now, Taemin is talking to his body guards. He asked them to go to the palace without him. Then he went inside the library. I dodged when the guards are near me. When I can't see them any longer, I went out of my hiding place and followed Taemin in the library.

The library is really huge! And it's so quiet I don't think I'll ever find Taemin. But then I saw him take out a book on a shelf. He then sat down and started reading. I quietly sneak behind him.

"Taemin." I whispered. I can tell he was startled. He looked at me like I was a ghost.

"Noona, you frightened me!" he almost shouted.

"Hehe~ I'm sorry! Can I join you?" I asked. He nodded. I sat on the right side beside him. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm reading noona." he replied.

"Oh, but the library in the castle has a lot of books to read! Why here?"

"Because, I've already read them all." he said.

"Oh really?!" that I almost shouted. Wow, he's amazing.

I looked into his eyes but noticed they aren't moving. What's with this guy? He seems to be so nervous. And oh my, he's sweating a lot!

"Taemin-ah..." I whispered.

"Yes, noona?"

"What's with the flower?" I asked. Gotcha! I can see he was taken aback. And he was blushing! Hahahaha!

"Uhh, I've been wanting to befriend someone."

"Chincha?! Who is it?"

Slowly, he closed the book he's 'reading' and turn around. He pointed to the girl who seems to be checking the books on a table. The girl had long, wavy hair, almond-shaped eyes, and white porcelain skin! Not to mention she's so tall. She could be a princess! She's so graceful in doing her work. She seems to be enjoying the company of books.

I saw the look on Taemin's eyes. He did not only want to befried this girl. He adores her!

"You like her Taemin?" I asked.

He faced me and nodded slowly.

"Then you better make a move! She's so pretty! I mean, other guys might come first."

"Yeah, I know. But I can't. I'm scared. And, I stutter whenever I try to talk to her. That's embarrassing."

"Well, Taemin-ah! You've got to do better than that!"

"Yeah, I'll try."

Taemin then stood up, grabbed the rose and made his way to her. I watched closely to what will happen. What will she say? What will he say? Oh my God! This will be exciting!

"A-Annyeong!" Taemin greeted her.

"Oh!" She dropped the book she's holding. "Excuse me." Then she picked the book up. "Monsieur Taemin." she stood up and bowed.

So she knows that Taemin is the prince. Taemin doesn't need to be frightened. He's handsome, and rich. He could get any girl of his type. I mean, girls would flock towards him if he would stand in the streets. He must have liked her a lot.

"I'd like to give this to you." he said, and slowly gave the flower to her. The girl blushed and slowly took the flower.

"Thank you, your majesties." she said.

"Drop the fomalities. J-Just call me Taemin." he said. The girl nodded.

"W-What is your name?" he asked.

"Choi Jinri, my lord, I-I mean, Taemin o-oppa." the girl said. Uh-oh. She became shy all of a sudden.

"Do you wish to borrow a book, sir?" Jinri asked.

"Oh yes. I'd like to borrow Les Trois Mousquetaires by Alexandre Dumas. D-Do you have a copy?" he asked.

"Oh. Yes, my lord, we have that copy. I'll get it in a second. Please wait here."

Jinri settled the rose down. She bowed and left her table. I can see Taemin let out a sigh. Jinri was embarrassed, too. I can see that she isn't used to talking to him. Is this their first time talking? No. They seemed to casual when she asked her if he'd like a book. Is this the first time Taemin gave her a flower? I don't know. But she's really shy. But this is the first time he knew her name.

Soon enough, she came back with a book in her hand.

"Monsieur Taemin, I have the book." she said.

"Thank you. Jinri-sshi, do you think we could meet after your duties?" he asked.

"I'd love to, your majesties, but I can't. Please forgive me." she said.

"It's all right." then he turned around and made his way back to our table.

But before he could make his first step, we heard her voice once again.

"Taemin, oppa. You can call me Sulli instead." he turned his head towards her.

"Oh, all right, Sulli. Did you change your mind about meeting me later?"

"I don't have duties tomorrow. How about that?"

"It's fine." he smiled at her.

 

 

"Taemin-ah! You're perfect for each other!" I exclaimed at him. We were now returning to the castle! Oh yes! Finally I'm gonna have some breakfast.

"Noona, stop it."

"Don't be shy! You did a great work out there. And you really sounded awful. Try to change your tone to a more friendly way. Maybe she won't be shy at you by then."

When we get in the hall, Sahm-chon was just setting the table for  breakfast. Taemin and I sat on our places and wait for the others. Soon enough, everyone was eating all the deliciously-cooked menus in the table. I've got to befriend Sahm-chon! And maybe I could ask for some tutorials! Everyone here likes his cooking. I certainly had to ask Eunhyuk to introduce me to Sahm-chon.

"Eunhyuk oppa!" I called him.

"Yes, my dear?" he asked.

"You promised me you would introduce me to Sahm-chon."

"I did?"

"Yes, you did!"

"Oh, come on." he held my hand and we went to the kitchen.

When we went to the kitchen, I could already smell that sweet atmosphere. Where the scent of bread mixed with the air. The spices blending altogether. My, oh, my! This feels home when Mom cooks!

"Sahm-chon!" Eunhyuk called him.

"Wae, my boy?"

"I'd like you to meet my soon-to-be bride." he said. Omo, that was really touching.

"Annyeong!" I greeted him."

"Ah, so this is Mademoiselle Hyoyeon? A real beauty!" he said, "Nice to meet you, Milady!"

"Eunhyuk has told me some things about you." I told him.

"Oh really?"

"Yes! He told me you cooked everything here in the palace."

"Oh, is that so?"

"Yes, and I like it! No, I absolutely love it!"

"Thank you, Milady!" he bowed to me.

"Sahm-chon, she would like you to teach her." Eunhyuk said.

"Ne, Sahm-chon. Would you please be so kind to teach me your cooking styles?" I pleaded.

"That was an easy favor for a princess! Well, Milady, we could start tomorrow!"

"Thank you! Thank you very much!"

"No problem!"

Eunhyuk and I exited the kitchen and we walked a bit, holding hands. His hands were so familiar to me now. I could paint each of the lines with my eyes closed. They were so soft and even. There were no single scratch.

"Yeobo..." I heard him. Oh my, did he really call me that?

I turned my glance to his. He was looking at me. God, I must be so red. "Yeobo..." It escaped from his mouth.

"Ne?" I asked.

"Where are you earlier? When I woke up, you're no longer by my side. I searched the whole castle for you." he told me. I just blinked.

"Haha! Don't you know me at all? You know I always take a stroll on days."

"Where have you been?"

"I've been at the local library. I was with Taemin, in fact."

"Taemin?"

"Yeah. Well, he's a bit shy, but we managed to get to the higher level than acquaintances."

"Oh, that's good! Why did you go there?"

"Taemin likes someone~ And the girl's pretty, too. And I think she's smart. Oh, and she's an assistant in the library."

"How did it go?"

"Taemin managed to ask her out on a date, I guess."

"I guess that's good. But, next time before you go out of the castle, ask for my permission first."

"Why?"

"Nothing."

"I demand a reason."

"Because I want to protect you, arasseo?"

Then he hugged me so tightly. "I don't want to lose you. You're so important to me. You don't know how much I love you. This isn't just any fantasy. I want you to be my queen. I wanted to spend everyday of my life with you. I'd like to grow old with you. We will watch our children grow up. We will conquer every danger that this kingdom would stumble upon. I will never love anyone other than you, Kim Hyoyeon. You're mine and I am yours. No one could ever tear us apart. Remember that."

He was still hugging me. I could feel my tears roll down my cheeks. Did he really say that? Did he really mean it?

"I love you Hyoyeon."

"I love you too, Eunhyuk." I said. Then he pulled away. He caressed my cheeks and brushed my tears with his thumb. "You must go now, you have lessons awaiting for you."

"Yes."

Then he kissed me romantically until we were out of breath. And that was when he left me there, standing, half dreaming.

Did he just say those things? It kept repeating through my mind. I never thought he would treasure me like that. I mean, after all the misunderstandings with Yoona. Is he really serious? Is he even sure when he told me he loves me? What about Yoona? His feelings for her just can't go away. And Yoona? She's going to kill me, for sure.

"That was so sweet." Speaking of the devil, I just heard her voice! I turned around and saw her, ever so beautifully, standing before me. "I hate sweet."

"Yoona." I mumbled.

"It's Princess Yoona, just so you know."

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"I'm trying to get my Prince back."

"Kibum oppa?"

"Are you silly?! Kibum isn't even a prince. I'm talking about Hyukjae oppa."

"Well, good luck! He loves me and we're going to get married. Soon."

"We'll see about that."

She smirked and walked away.