My New Friends

A Mishap in Time { ON HIATUS }

 

This time, Hyoyeon's perspective. Not writing in the journal. :)

 

 

 

I guess everything was pretty empty in those 10 years. Nothing happened that really mattered to me. But this time, as I was making my way to the bakery, I saw a horse-drawn carriage going to the castle. It made so much commotion, everyone was waving at it. I heard that inside that carriage, were the Majesties of the Aegyo Empire, back in Korea. My Dad has told me many things about Korea but I haven't been there. Dad said, I was born here in France.

 

I was surprised to see a beautiful princess look out the window. She was waving back at the people, and oh, she did have an aegyo that calls for a punch. Wow, I didn't imagine Princesses were so beautiful. They're the first royalties to come. The people said that the Prince was looking for a bride. The King called for the other Kingdoms in the world as well. They said that the entire woman here in Paris is invited. Many people invited me too, but it's not really my thing.

 

Besides, I am not interested in everything royal. I hate them. Especially when you know that the Prince up there, is really a fake one. Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. My first love. A forbidden love. I still can't forget the day Prince Kibum gave me bread. For free!

 

I went back to myself. After I bought bread in the bakery, I went straight home. Dad was sick. He cannot work or stand or eat properly anymore. I can't stand it. There are so many problems. Dad has been sick for the past ten years. Since Hyukjae had left us. Dad was still hoping that he will be back. But it was no use.

 

"Dad, I'm home." I called. I settled my things in the living room.

 

"You still won't change your mind about going to the ball?" Dad asked.

 

"No."

 

"I want you to go."

 

"No, Dad."

 

"I am old, my daughter. Soon I will join your Mom in heaven. And you will be here all alone. You need someone to be with you."

 

"Dad, my name is Kim Hyoyeon. I am the best of the best. I don't need somebody to take care of me. I can take care of myself."

 

"Please, Yeonie. For me?"

 

"Don't call me Yeonie, Dad. You know I hate it."

 

"Go to the ball." Dad said firmly. I know that tone. I knew it very well. That means he's serious. And not too long he's going to be stressed. I have no option.

 

"Yes, Dad. Of course." was all I can say.

 

"Go to your Auntie, tell her you agreed." Huh? Is dad planning something? That's just wow.

 

"Okay Dad. When?"

 

"Now."

 

"Now?"

 

"Of course! Go ahead! I can take care of myself."

 

Still, I have no choice. Dad is planning something.

 

 

 

***

 

Something was really, up. As soon as I got to Auntie's house, she was really pleased to see me. Like she was really expecting me.

 

"Auntie, I agreed." I said, just what Dad told me.

 

"Of course! Come on, let's make you a goddess." Auntie winked at me.

 

She went to her room and gets something. When she comes back, she held a long, beautiful and elegant gown. My jaws dropped, and she just grinned at me.

 

"Now, you'll be wearing this. Your father and I bought this just for you!"

 

"Okay..." I said.

 

"Now go to take a shower. I'll prepare everything."

 

I took a quick shower and I quickly went to her bedroom. I found Auntie there. "Now, wear casual clothes, you'll be wearing the gown later." She said. I do as she says, and put casual clothes quickly. She then let me sit on a chair. I can feel that she's setting my hair. I am annoyed right now. Only if this isn't for Dad...

 

"Auntie, is this important?"

 

"Of course, honey."

 

After hours, my hair is done, and she put on my makeup. I just let her magic fingers run through my face. When my hair and face was done, she hand me a mirror. I was shocked to see an actual princess in the mirror. I could even hardly recognize my own face.

 

"Now, put on the gown." she said, then I went to the bedroom.

 

The gown was really beautiful, but I don't think it fits me. I'm not really into these, but. One time won't hurt. I mean, I won't let Dad's money go into waste. I put on the gown. To my surprise, it fits perfectly. It's like it was made only for me. I gazed myself at the mirror. That was a real princess I'm seeing. But still, I can't compare to them. Like the princess from the Aegyo Empire. She was born beautiful. Unlike me.

 

"Honey, are you done?"

 

"Yes, Auntie."

 

Then she opened the door. In her hands, were fine pieces of diamonds. Necklace, rings, bracelets. Everything. Beautiful. It's like a fairytale.

 

***

 

There were many people in the castle. So many, I guess almost all of them were of royalties, and have high titles. But I don't know where to go. So, I was pretty much lost. It was dark outside the hall, where there were so many lights. I guess I was in the back part of the palace. Then there is this girl I saw. She is staring at the skyline. I tried to go near her, but she noticed me, very soon. I realized, she is the Princess before.

 

"Oh, I didn't mean to-" I tried to excuse myself.

 

"Oh, no, it's okay. Not enjoying the party?" she asked me. I smiled and shook my head. She isn't enjoying that much, too. "Please, join me."

 

I walked to her. And looked at the skyline, too.

 

"What is your name?"

 

"My name is Hyoyeon." I told her.

 

"Nice to meet you, Hyoyeon. My name is Soonkyu. But I preferred being called Sunny."

 

"Sunny. I think I saw you before. Just this morning."

 

"Oh, you probably saw me when I arrived."

 

"So, you're the princess?"

 

"Yes, but please, don't call me that. Lady Sunny is fine. But now, just plain Sunny is the best." she smiled at me. A very sad smile.

 

"Why are you here? Not there inside?"

 

"Because, I'm not enjoying myself. Besides, Prince Kibum will now choose her bride."

 

"I see." I was disappointed, of course.

 

"Why don't you join in?"

 

"I'm not interested." I lied. I'm interested of course.

 

"You're lying." she said. "I can see it in your eyes. Go there, and try. Maybe you'll get chosen."

 

"Nah, forget about it. I have no hopes."

 

"Tsk. You know what Kibum likes?" ahe asked. I shook my head. She continued, "He likes kind hearted woman. Just like you!" she winked at me then she got hold of my arm.

 

The next thing I know, I was in the line, together with Sunny. I was shocked, tension was all over my body. I couldn't think properly. I was in the verge of meeting my Prince Charming once again, alias, my real brother.

 

"Hey, don't be nervous." Sunny told me. She held my hand. "Here, my friend will accompany you. She is a good friend of the prince." She motioned to the girl beside her.

 

The girl, probably of my age, was so beautiful. So much beautiful than Sunny.

 

"Hyoyeon, this is my friend, Yoona, the Miina Kingdom princess." she told me.