I Forgot, I'm Sorry

A Mishap in Time { ON HIATUS }

 

The next thing I knew, I was on the Prince's arms. We were dancing in the center of the hall, so many people looking at us. This, I can't imagine. I'm actually dancing with the Prince! And, oh, boy! I am chosen to be his bride. Suddenly, an old grandfather clock rang, meaning it's already 12:00 midnight. That's when I remembered, the person I'm dancing with is my brother!

 

"Uhm." I tried to open my mouth once more but no voice came out.

 

"Hyoyeon?" he asked. When I was about to let go of his grasp, the King announced something. It's time for the dinner.

 

I was seated next to the Prince, with the King, of course. Everything was so delicious. Everyone is nice, but it felt kind of awkward, seating next to the Prince slash my brother.

 

"So, Mademoiselle Hyoyeon, where is your family?" the King asked.

 

"My Mom died, 10 years ago. My Dad is back at home, weak and old." I said.

 

"I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. Why don't you invite your father tomorrow evening for a dinner? I'd like to discuss with him about the wedding. Oh, boy! I'm sure is excited!" the King beamed.

 

"I'll try my best, your Highness."

 

"Very well, then. I'd like Kibum to you on your way home."

 

"It's all right, your Majesty."

 

Then we went on with the dinner. Suddenly, someone tapped me at the back. I tilted my head to see the person, and to my surprise, it's Eunhyuk oppa. After him came Yoona. They'd been gone for some time. And somehow, I felt a strong jealousy deep in my stomach. Eunhyuk oppa had grown so beautifully. He is so handsome and oh, he had a broad build.

 

"Hyukjae! Great timing, why don't you join us? We're just starting." The King offered them.

 

"Thank you, your Majesty." Eunhyuk oppa said, and, unfortunately, there were two vacant seats on my other side, and Eunhyuk oppa seated beside me. Yoona on the other. He flashed a huge grin to me. I replied with a polite smile. Somehow, I felt that Oppa is somewhat sad. He is not in the mood. Maybe because of what happened before.

 

Eunhyuk oppa had become a civilized person, unlike before. He had class right now. I wonder why he didn’t tell the King that he is the real Prince. I bet no one here in the palace knows the secret. Soon, everyone finished eating. Then, it was time for the Carnet Dance. The King and his friends left the four of us, Kibum, Yoona, Eunhyuk oppa, and me.

 

"Hyoyeon, let's dance." the Prince asked me.

 

"Uh, no. I think I'm going to stay here for a moment. My stomach is pretty full. Why not ask Yoona instead?" I replied.

 

He looked at me like I'm in great danger. I felt eyes shifted around the table. Suddenly,

 

"No, it's fine." Yoona said.

 

Then everyone left me in the table, everyone except Eunhyuk oppa. Awkward. Really awkward. I avoided his eyes, he avoided mine, too.

 

"Why?" I broke the silence between us.

 

"Hyo, please forgive Me." he said.

 

"Why did you leave us?" I asked.

 

"Look, I left because of some matters. For your own good." he said. "Please forgive me, Yeonie."

 

He took my hand and caressed it. He seemed to be really sincere apologizing. But, no. Not a chance I would forgive him.

 

"I won't forgive you. Never." I shook my head. I took my hand back. It was pretty childish of him.

 

"Do you want to know what really happened?" he asked me.

 

"If it's one of your foolish stories, I'm not interested."

 

"How could you ever forgive me?"

 

"Visit Appa." I said. There was a moment of silence.

 

"No." he firmly said. That's it. He just created war. I stood up, started my way out. Even though I don't know the place, I just left. I don't know the exit, just anywhere, to leave him. To get away from him. When I was in an empty hallway, I started to run. There's no escaping from him. I looked back, he's still following me. Then he ran, too. He's faster than me, so I ran faster.

 

Unfortunately, he caught my arm, and he swings me to the wall and pinned me there.

 

"What is your problem?!" I shouted at him. It was an empty hallway. But it was a wrong move. My voice echoed through the hallway.

 

"Keep your voice down."

 

"I don't want you to marry Kibum." he said.

 

"And why not?" I acted like I don't know the whole truth. "You know he's my prince charming!"

 

"No, you can't. Because..."

 

"Why?"

 

"Because I love you." he said. Huh? I don't get it. Why didn't he tell me the truth?

 

Suddenly I felt his lips pressed on to mine. His kisses sent warmth all over my body. I wanted to stop him, but I can't. Hence, I replied his kisses. This is so wrong. Our kisses got deeper and deeper. My arms wrap around his neck, as he wrap his arms around my waist. Our bodies got closer and closer until there's no space between us.

 

Oh, no. Why is this happening? No, I must act like I was mad. He doesn't know that I knew the secret. I must admit, I enjoy his kisses. With all my might, even though it's against me, I pushed him. I acted like I was furious, like I was ashamed of myself for kissing my brother.

 

"We can't be, oppa. We're siblings." he was taken aback. What I said was somehow true. I enjoyed it, but it's as if we're still siblings. I haven't forgotten him, ever. He's my long lost brother.

 

"Oh... I forgot. I'm sorry." he said.

 

***

 

"Don't forget, I'll meet your father tomorrow." Kibum said.

 

"Of course, you’re Grace." I said.

 

"No more formalities, okay? Just plain Kibum is fine." he said.

 

"Arrasseo." I nodded. Then, he kissed me on the cheek. I must say, I blushed. A lot.

 

It's been 3:00 am when I came home. Appa was waiting there, in the kitchen. I kissed him, on the cheek.

 

"How's the Ball, honey?" Dad asked.

 

"It's wonderful, Dad." I replied.

 

"Did you see the Prince? How was he?"

 

"The prince is really handsome, like everyone else said."

 

"I see. Did you see your brother in the Ball?" He's referring to Eunhyuk oppa, I guess.

 

"No. And I don't want to see him. Ever. Again." I said, firmly.

 

"I see... How's the King?"

 

"The King is old. He's just like you. I think you're both at the same age."

 

"Is he well?"

 

I nodded.

 

"Oh, Dad. I need to tell you something."

 

"What is it?"

 

"Err... You do know that the Prince is looking for his bride, right?"

 

"Yes, dear."

 

"Well, I was chosen."

 

Just as I imagined Dad's face when he hears about that. Pale, and nervous, like he's seen a ghost. I wonder if he's going to tell me the secret now. As if I don't know it.

 

"That's wonderful, honey."

 

"Oh, and the King wanted to meet you. Tomorrow."

 

"Tomorrow? Why?"

 

"For marriage purposes, I think."

 

"I see."

 

"So, are you coming?"

 

"Yes, of course, honey."

 

"Dad, why did you want me to go to the ball?"

 

"I wanted you to be happy."

 

"No, that's not it, Dad. You wanted me to come, to see if Hyukjae oppa is there. Aren't am I right?"

 

Dad didn't replied. "I am right, right?"

 

"Well, it's never too late for hopes, right? Don't you miss your brother?"

 

"No, Dad. Never in my lifetime." I said and went to my room, and locked the door.

 

Why is it so hard to say I don't miss him when actually, I really did. Every single second of the day. Always wishing, when I get home, he would be back. Why am I even lying to my own  Dad? Am I being too selfish? They lied to me first. It's not my fault...

 

I cried everything out. After some hours, I think. My eyes got really red. I changed clothes and washed my face. I hope tomorrow's going to be all right. I hope Dad would not see Eunhyuk oppa. I hope the marriage will be canceled. I hope the King finds out that we're commoners, so that he would have a reason to reject me. I hope he does not like Dad. And, Dad would not let me marry my own brother. That's eww. Ugh. I just have to have my hope up.

 

I took old stuffs to look at. I saw old, but happy pictures. I miss those. Everything. Then I saw my diary. Our diary, in fact.

 


 

Author's Message:

I hope you like that Hyohyuk moment!

More moments to come!~

Sorry I didn't update in the past week.

Hectic schedule, I must tell.

Thank you for the new subscribers!

Please do comment!

I love you guys!~

~xoxo <3