Chapter 3: Locked Inside the Library

Behind Her Purple Glasses

After the weekend has ended, Minhee returns to her regular nerdy self. "Back to my normal self." Minhee replies, pushing her glasses up. Just as Minhee was walking to school, Taeyeon caught up with her and replies, "Minhee, when will you show people the real you?" "Taeyeon," Minhee replies, "I don't have the courage to show off like other girls." "Come on," she replies, "It's been a long time since you have dressed up nicely." "Even if I were to do that," Minhee replies, "I will be getting millions of requests from other guys including Baekhyun or Hyunseung, which will bring down my grades." "Minhee," Taeyeon replies, "You're just overreacting." "I'm not overreacting!" Minhee replies, "I'm putting the facts down in front of you." "Remember," Taeyeon replies, "I'm the type of person to reject all the facts."

Once they reached the school grounds, everyone was talking about the girl that Baekhyun was dancing with at homecoming; however, some of the girls were upset because Baekhyun would only think of her. "Taeyeon," replies one of the students, "I heard that you brought that one girl to the homecoming dance, but do you know who she is?" Taeyeon turns to Minhee and then turns back towards the student. "She doesn't go to this school at all." she explains, "She is actually from a different part of town." "I swear I've seen her before." the same one replies. Minhee quickly drags Taeyeon into the school and races upstairs to their classroom. "That was close." Minhee replies. "Why are you so worried?" Taeyeon asks, placing her bag on the desk. "If everyone finds out that I was the girl dancing with Baekhyun," Minhee replies, "I would totally die of embarrassment." "Minhee," replies her teacher, "can I have a word with you?" "Sure?" Minhee replies, walking over to the door. "We'll be back." she replies, closing the door behind them. 

"Did I do something wrong?" Minhee asks. "Not at all," she replies, "I want you to do something for me." "What is it?" Minhee asks, "Anything is possible for me." "Well then," she replies, "I want you to tutor both Byun Baekhyun and Jang Hyunseung after school." Suddenly, Minhee totally melted into a puddle after hearing that she had to tutor both Byun Baekhyun and Jang Hyunseung. "Will you do it?" she asks. "Sure," Minhee replies, "I can do it." "Great!" she replies, "Go into the library after school today and I will also give them the info." As Minhee's teacher walks down the hallway, Minhee totally lean against the doorway and groans that she had to tutor her worst enemy and Hyuna's boyfriend. "Why am I the smart one?" she asks.

Right after school, Minhee was the first to arrive to the library with her textbooks and notebooks. "Where are those two?" she asks. Suddenly the door behind her swung open and there was Byun Baekhyun and Jang Hyunseung. "You're going to be tutoring us?" Baekhyun asks, "You've got to be kidding with me." "Whatever," Minhee replies, "I didn't want to tutor any of you guys in the first place." "Don't get too upset." Hyunseung replies, "We can get along with each other." Minhee and Baekhyun turns away from each other for a moment until she finally gave up. 

After two hours of tutoring both Baekhyun and Hyunseung, Minhee was totally wore out. She took off her glasses for a few minutes to wipe it off and Baekhyun notices the differences between Minhee without wearing her glasses and the girl that he met at the dance. Minhee looks up at Baekhyun and asks, "What are you looking at?" "Nothing." he replies, turning back to his notebook. Minhee puts her glasses back on and resume teaching them. Around six o' clock, Hyunseung left the library for his night shift, having Baekhyun and Minhee alone in the library. As Minhee is packing up, Baekhyun has already fallen asleep. "How can someone like you actually sleep at this time?" Minhee asks. "What?" he asks, waking up. "Nothing." Minhee replies, "I was only talking to myself." "Whatever." he replies, "I'm heading home." As Baekhyun was walking to the exit, the doors wouldn't move. "I think we're lock in for the night." Baekhyun replies. "What do you mean?" Minhee asks, walking over to the door. She tries to open the door; however,  it wouldn't move either. "Why did this have to happen?" Minhee asks.

"It's your fault that we're stuck in here." Baekhyun replies, "You were taking a long time." Minhee turns from the door and replies, "You're the one failing class." "Because I have more things to do more than you." he replies. "I don't care about that." Minhee replies. "Why weren't you at the homecoming dance?" Baekhyun asks, taking a seat in one of the chairs. "Because maybe I have a life." Minhee replies, turning towards him. "Because I thought I saw someone that looked exactly like you." he replies. "And how is that suppose to affect me?" she asks. Baekhyun stood up from the chair and walks towards Minhee. "I think that she is actually you, Minhee." he replies.

♦♦♦♦♦

"You can't prove that." she replies, "Just because you met some girl at homecoming doesn't mean that she's going to like you back." "But she was really something." he replies, "It felt like she was real." "Stop daydreaming." Minhee replies, hitting Baekhyun on the head with her pencil, "If you want to get out of here, then find something to open the door." Baekhyun pouts at Minhee and went to find a key for the door. "How did I get stuck tutoring someone like him?" she asks herself. "What did you say?" he asks. "It doesn't concern you." Minhee replies, trying to pick the lock until she finally got the lock undone. She slowly opens the door and replies, "I got the door unlocked." "How?" Baekhyun asks, grabbing his backpack. "I'm the smart one here." Minhee replies, "Now, don't be late again." "Whatever." Baekhyun replies, "As long as I can get a better grade in school." As Baekhyun is making his way down the hall, Minhee went out the fire exit.

"Why did I agree to tutor a jerk like him?" Minhee asks herself, while kicking a small pebble on the cement, "It's a good thing Baekhyun didn't confirm that I was the girl because I would surely drop out of school if he found out about that." Walking into a wide tunnel, Minhee began humming to BtoB Second Confession; however, she then heard a loud thump behind her. "Who's there?" she asks, turning around. Minhee looked around herself and suddenly someone's hand was over , causing her to pass out. "What should we do with her?" someone asks. "Take her inside the van and we'll bring her back to the sewer." another replies, carrying Minhee in his arms.