Chapter 10: Jung Jonghyun

Behind Her Purple Glasses

"Jung Jonghyun?" Minhee asks. He scratches the back of his head and smiles shyly. Both Jonghyun and Minhee exit from the household, entering the traditional garden, which Minhee's omma has beeen working on since she was little. "You've grown since the last time I saw you." Jonghyun replies, "I remember you were really short." Minhee laughs and replies, "I remember you were really clumsy, but ever since you left, I didn't know what to do." "So you're saying that you like me, am I right?" he asks. "More like in a brother-sister way." Minhee replies, "I never thought about liking you in a boyfriend way." "Do you like anyone at your school?" Jonghyun asks. "Of course not." Minhee replies, "All the guys there are jerks." Jonghyun laughs. "It's true." Minhee replies, "All they care about is having the perfect girlfriends or either cheating on their girlfriends." "Your omma never told you that I'm transferring to SM Academy, right?" Jonghyun asks. Minhee shook her head and replies, "All she told me was to come downstairs, but you transferring to SM Academy is new to me." "Who knows," Jonghyun replies, "we might be in the same classroom." "Do you remember Byun Baekhyun?" Minhee asks. "Who wouldn't remember that little prankster?" Jonghyun replies, "He was so annoying around you and I have to come and be your knight in shining armour." "I don't think he'll remember you, Jonghyun." Minhee replies. "You sure about that?" Jonghyun asks. Minhee nods her head.

♦♦♦♦♦

The next day, Minhee prepares herself for school. She exits from her bedroom, walks downstairs, and notice that Jonghyun and Taeyeon has been waiting for her. "Did I take too long?" Minhee asks. "We got half an hour to spare." Taeyeon replies, "Beside we have to show Jonghyun around the school today." Minhee nods and they all headed out. Once reaching the academy, Taeyeon headed for class as Minhee takes Jonghyun to the office.

"Taeyeon," Baekhyun asks, as she enters the classroom, "is Minhee here today?" "She's downstairs in the office." Taeyeon replies. "Thanks." Baekhyun replies, running out of the classroom. "Wait, Baekhyun!" Taeyeon replies, "Class is about to start in five minutes." Baekhyun didn't hear what Taeyeon has said for he was too happy to see Minhee after the incident. Jonghyun and Minhee walks out of the office and looks at his classroom number. "Looks like you are in my classroom." Minhee replies. "Today is my lucky day." Jonghyun replies. "Now we better get going." Minhee replies, "Class is about to start in four minutes." Jonghyun nods and follows Minhee; however, just as they were about to head off, Baekhyun stands in front of them. "Jung Jonghyun?" he asks. Jonghyun bows to Baekhyun and replies, "How are you, Byun Baekhyun?" Baekhyun bows and replies, "I'm good; what are you doing here?" "Jonghyun just transfered to SM Academy." Minhee replies, "He is going to be in the same classroom as us." At that moment, Baekhyun's heart suddenly drop down.

Suho: Then maybe she might have someone that she likes.

Someone that she likes? :Baekhyun

Suho: Yes, like a crush or more like a boyfriend.

They walk around Baekhyun; however, he grabs a hold of Minhee's arm. "Are you and Jonghyun dating?" he asks. Minhee turns to Jonghyun and replies, "I'll catch up with you later." She hands him the classroom number and he walks off on his own. Once Jonghyun has disappeared, Minhee yanks free of Baekhyun's grasp, turns around and asks, "What was that all about?" "You like Jonghyun, don't you?" Baekhyun asks, turning to face Minhee, "Jonghyun and I are just friends." Minhee replies, "You sound like you're my boyfriend." "Maybe I am." Baekhyun replies, walking closer to her. Minhee backs away from him until hitting a wall. "And do you know what happens next?" Baekhyun asks, trapping her within his arms. "Whatever you are doing," Minhee replies, "it will not work on me, Byun Baekhyun." "Are you sure about that?" Baekhyun asks, "Are you sure that you don't have feelings for me?" "Yes!" Minhee replies. Baekhyun pressed his lips onto Minhee's lips as she tries to push him away with her fists. All of a sudden, Baekhyun felt warm tears on his face. He pulls away from Minhee and realized that she was crying. "Minhee...I...did...did I make you cry?" Baekhyun asks. Minhee slaps Baekhyun across the face, leaving a red hand mark. "Don't you ever come near me again." she replies. Baekhyun grabs a hold of her arm and replies, "Yet you are willing to give your body to Hyunseung." "I did not give my body to Hyunseung; he's the one who wanted this." Minhee replies. "Then how about Jonghyun?" Baekhyun asks, "Are you willing to give your body to him too?" "Stop harrassing me, Baekhyun." Minhee replies, "Women have feelings too; we are toys for you men to play around with." "Or is it me?" Baekhyun asks. A punch pushes Baekhyun to the ground. Minhee turns to her right shoulder and realizes that it's Jonghyun. "Minhee isn't like any girl who is willing to lose her ity to a jerk like you." he replies, "She deserves to give it to someone who treats her with kindness and compassion." Baekhyun wipes his bleeding lips as Jonghyun grabs him by the collar, pushing him up against the wall. "And if you try to hurt or insult Minhee again," Jonghyun replies, "then I'll hunt you down." He releases Baekhyun, walks up to Minhee and drags her outside of the academy. Baekhyun watches as they both leave.

♦♦♦♦♦

"Jonghyun," Minhee replies, "where are you taking me?" "I'm going to tell your omma to transfer you out of SM Academy." he replies. "WHAT?!" Minhee exclaims. Jonghyun releases Minhee and turns to face her. "You have been harrassed by two men here." Jonghyun replies, "And you still want to stay here." "Jonghyun." she replies. "Taeyeon told me about Hyunseung and Hyuna earlier today." he explains. "She told you everything?!" Minhee exclaims. "Now Baekhyun," Jonghyun replies, "he used to play around with you and now he has become a bastard, who lusts for you." "Jonghyun..." Minhee replies. "I want to protect you, Minhee." Jonghyun replies, "I don't want to see you cry in front of another man." "Are you trying to say that..." she replies. "I like you, Kim Minhee." Jonghyun replies.


POLL RESULTS

So Lee Jonghyun won the poll with 6 votes.

Lee Hyun Woo came in second place with 3 votes.

Seo Kang Joon came in third place with 2 votes, leaving Yoo Yeon Seok with 0 votes. 

(Please note that I changed Jonghyun's last name to Jung)

*Congratulation for Lee Jonghyun to win the poll*