Chapter 1: Homecoming Dance (Part One)

Behind Her Purple Glasses

"Minhee," asks Taeyeon, "are you going to the homecoming dance?" Minhee looks from her romantic novel and stares at her friend's generous face. "Please..." she begs, "I don't want to go alone like last year." "Omma always say that education is more important than love." Minhee replies, fixing her glasses. "I'll ask your omma tonight." Taeyeon replies. "What?" Minhee asks, sitting up. "Minhee," Taeyeon replies, "you need a night out with your friends, but you're always hiding behind the shadows like an apparition." "That doesn't matter." Minhee replies, "Can't you go out with your other friends?" "But I want this night to be special for you." she replies, "If I can't get you to go, I would rather die." 

Just as the bell ranged, Byun Baekhyun comes into the classroom, dripping wet in sweat. All the other girls were squealing when they saw Baekhyun at the door. "There's Baekhyun!" Taeyeon replies, shaking Minhee's arm around like a toy. Minhee pulls her arm away from her friend's grasp and replies, "Don't say his name around me." "Come on," Taeyeon replies, turning around, "Byun Baekhyun is one of the hottest guys in SM Academy!" "I don't really care." Minhee replies, "Jang Hyunseung is also second in line for the hottest guys in SM Academy." All of sudden, Minhee felt something drip on her head. She looked up from her friend and saw Baekhyun, laughing while walking over to his desk. "That idiot." Minhee replies, wiping her head with her hands. 

Soon class was over and everyone were excited for the homecoming dance tomorrow night. Minhee arrived home and thought about what Taeyeon said to her in class that day. "Minhee," replies her omma, knocking on the bedroom door, "Taeyeon is here to take you to the mall." "The mall?" Minhee asks, walking over to the bedroom door and opening it. "Taeyeon promises that you will have a great time at the dance." she replies. Minhee walks downstairs to meet Taeyeon and she replies, "Did you really have to do this?" "Of course!" Taeyeon replies, "I'm your best friend!" 

As Minhee and Taeyeon are wondering around the different stores at the mall, Taeyeon finally found a dress for herself. "How about this one?" Taeyeon asks, holding a long light blue dress in front of her. "I think it'll match you." Minhee replies, looking through the racks of dresses. "Minhee," Taeyeon replies, "I think I've found the perfect dress for you." Minhee turns towards Taeyeon and saw her holding up a long white dress. "Go try it on!" Taeyeon replies, pushing her into the dressing room. Minhee comes out from the dressing room and saw her friend Taeyeon looking at her with curosity. "What?" Minhee asks. "We need to get you contacts." Taeyeon replies, "Then you'll look better than you were before." Throughout the whole day, Taeyeon and Minhee got their dresses for homecoming and eye contacts for Minhee because Taeyeon doesn't want anyone to know that Minhee was at the dance. 

♦♦♦♦♦

The next day, Taeyeon comes over to Minhee's place to get themselves ready for homecoming and eventually try to get some memorable pictures.

*Taeyeon's Dress, Shoes, and Hairstyle (Imagine the flowers are white roses)*

*Minhee's Dress, Shoes, and Hairstyle*

"We'll be back by midnight." Minhee replies, running out of her house with Taeyeon. "Hurry up!" Taeyeon replies, "Or else we're going to be late." "Taeyeon," Minhee replies, "remember not to say my name at the homecoming dance tonight or else everyone will know." "I promise." Taeyeon replies.

♦♦♦♦♦

Once arriving to the dance, Taeyeon and Minhee both walks into the crowded gym and there were so many people that they knew. "I'm going to fix my make up quickly." Taeyeon replies, "Why don't you walk around for a bit?" "Hurry back." Minhee replies, "I don't want to be alone." Taeyeon quickly runs off in the hallways, while Minhee is wandering around the crowded gym. 

"Hyunseung," replies Gi-kwang, "who are you waiting for?" "There's no one here to dance to." Hyunseung replies, taking a sip of the fruit punch. "Hey," Yoseob replies, "I heard that there's a new girl here." "Where?" they both asks. Yoseob points out to Minhee, which they don't know just yet. "Do you know her?" Gi-kwang asks. "I just heard that Taeyeon brought her to the dance," Jun-hyung replies, "but I don't think anyone is her date." Hyunseung places his cup on the table and replies, "Time for me to show off now." As Hyunseung is walking through the crowd, Baekhyun suddenly arrives to the center stage. "Do you want to dance?" he asks. Minhee turns around a few times and then points at herself. "Of course you!" he replies. 

"Um..." Minhee replies, moving her hair behind her ear. All of a sudden, Baekhyun took her by the hand and pulls her close to him. What the heck is he doing, she thought, You got to be kidding me right now!? "I won't take no as your answer." Baekhyun replies.


What's going to happen next?

Will Minhee say yes or will she reject his offer to dance?