Chapter 14: Surprise Vistor

Behind Her Purple Glasses

"What do you mean she left?!" Jonghyun exclaims, talking on the phone with Minhee. "I don't know." Minhee replies, "Her parents just called this morning and told me that she left for somewhere." "That's not possible." Jonghyun replies, "Where else would Taeyeon go?" Minhee shrugs her shoulders and replies, "I just hope that she is alright." "I'll come over later to discuss this with you." he replies, "See you soon." After hanging up, Jonghyun places his phone beside him, wondering where Taeyeon has gone. 

♦♦♦♦♦

Meanwhile in Andong, South Korea, Taeyeon comes upon to her grandparents' house. "Taeyeon-ah," replies her halmeoni, "why a sudden appearance?" "Where are your parents?" asks her hal-abeoji. "They're not coming." she replies, "They're still in Seoul." "Then why are you here?" asks her halmeoni, "Did something happen between you and your parents?" Taeyeon shook her head and replies, "It's not because of my parents; it's because of a boy." "A BOY!?" they exclaimed. Taeyeon nods her head, without saying anything else. "What did the boy say to you?" asks her hal-abeoji, once they entered the living room of the small house, "What made you come all the way over here to see halmeoni and me?" "He didn't say anything mean." Taeyeon replies, "It's just that I want to clear my mind from love for a few weeks or so." 

♦♦♦♦♦

"So Taeyeon is missing?" Baekhyun asks, "What are you going to do about it" "I don't know what to do anymore, Baekhyun." Minhee replies, "If she gets hurt, then her parents will probably ban her from seeing me." "That's not true." he replies, taking her shaking hand, "I'm sure her parents wouldn't do that to you." Minhee sighs heavily. "If only we knew what Taeyeon was thinking," she replies, "then it would be easier for us to locate her." "Everything is going to be okay, Minhee." Baekhyun replies, "Don't worry too much or you'll get yourself sick." Jonghyun eavesdrop from behind the walls of Minhee's house and remembers Taeyeon's tears falling down her shocked face.

♦♦♦♦

Taeyeon unpacks her things in her bedroom, hanging her shirts and dresses in the closet, stuffing the drawers with her pants, skirts, undergarments, and socks, putting her empty suitcase in the closet and eventually lying on the soft mattress of her bed. She sighs heavily, not knowing what to do next. "Taeyeon-ah," her halmeoni replies, who happens to be at the door, "there's a phone call from Seoul for you." "Did the caller tell you his/her name?" Taeyeon asks. "The caller's name is Minhee-ah." she replies. Taeyeon jumps off the bed, taking the phone out of her halmeoni's grasp. "Hello?" Taeyeon asks. "Taeyeon!" Minhee exclaims, "Where are you right now; everyone is so worried about you." "Don't worry about me." she replies, "I'm with my halmeoni and hal-abeoji in Andong." "Andong?" Minhee asks, "Why are you in Andong?" "You don't need to know why." Taeyeon replies, "I just miss my halmeoni and hal-abeoji." "Are you sure about that, Taeyeon?" Minhee asks, "Are you sure that it isn't because of Jonghyun?" Taeyeon pauses for a moment and then replies, "I didn't run away because of Jonghyun; that's just silly." "Don't lie to me, Taeyeon," Minhee replies, "I know you like Jonghyun a lot." "But he doesn't like me." Taeyeon replies, "Jonghyun likes you; did you not hear the things he said to me?" "Of course I heard all the words that came out of his mouth." Minhee replies, "But that doesn't give you the right to run away like this." "Minhee," Taeyeon replies, "if you're just gonna lecture me about this, then I'm hanging up."

After she hangs up on Minhee, another call has come through from Seoul with an unknown number. "Hello?" she asks, almost shouting. "What are you doing in Andong, babo?" Jonghyun replies. Taeyeon froze once hearing his voice on the other line. "Jonghyun...." she replies, hesitantly, "Why are you calling me right now; aren't you suppose to be with Minhee right now?" "You don't need to worry about Minhee  and me right now." he replies, "What I am concerned about is you running away from me." "I did not run away from you." Taeyeon replies, "Besides, when did you start caring for me?" "Look," Jonghyun replies, "I'm sorry for saying those things to you; I didn't mean to hurt you." "Well," she replies, "it's too late for that now." "It's not too late." he replies. "Goodbye Jonghyun." Taeyeon replies, eventually pressing the end call. All of a sudden, the door bell ranged. "Who could that be?" Taeyeon asks, walking of the bedroom with the home phone in her hand. She walks downstairs and eventually sees Jonghyun, standing at the front door with his backpack and suitcase. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" Taeyeon exclaims.