Chapter 15: Hate Backfires

Behind Her Purple Glasses

"I came to take you back to Seoul, Taeyeon." Jonghyun replies. "I am not leaving Andong." Taeyeon replies, "You can't make me." "Then I'm staying here until you are satified." he replies. "But...." Taeyeon replies, once Jonghyun walks into the house. "Halmeoni," he replies, "sorry for such a quick visit." "It's alright, Jonghyun-ah." she replies, "You can come and stay here as long as you want." Jonghyun smirks at Taeyeon and she sticks out her tongue at him before going upstairs to her bedroom.

♦♦♦♦♦

"I hope she is alright." Minhee replies, stirring her iced coffee with a small silver spoon. "Will you stop worrying about Taeyeon?" Baekhyun asks, "I'm sure she will find a way to forgive that jerk." Minhee sighs heavily. "But what if..." she continues. "Look," Baekhyun replies, slamming his hand on the table, "I don't appreciate you worrying so much about Taeyeon and Jonghyun; I want you to let them live their own lives and let you live your own live." Baekhyun replies.

♦♦♦♦♦

Taeyeon slams the door behind her and thought, 'What am I going to do; all I wanted to do get out of his life and he just keeps coming back.' "Hey Taeyeon!" Jonghyun shouts, "You can't hide in there forever." "And what makes you say that?" she asks, "You don't have the keys to my grandparents' house." "Please just let me inside." Jonghyun contines. "You know it's rude of you to come inside a girl's bedroom, right?" Taeyeon replies. "I don't care." Jonghyun replies, "I just want to talk with you for a second." "You can just say it right now." she replies, "It's not like anyone is going to know." "I just want to say that I'm sorry." he replies, "I'm sorry for yelling at you; I'm sorry for not understanding your feelings earlier." Taeyeon doesn't bother to say anything back. "Taeyeon," Jonghyun replies, "I love you." 'Babo,' she thought, 'why the hell would you say that you love me now?' "Will you accept my small confession?" he asks. Taeyeon opens her bedroom door and looks at up Jonghyun replying, "I know you are only doing this so that Minhee can be happy, right?" "What are you talking about?" Jonghyun asks, "This has nothing to do with Minhee." "I know you more than anyone, Jonghyun." Taeyeon replies, "And I know that Minhee sent you here to—" Taeyeon's words were shut away as Jonghyun's warm lips were pressed onto her lips. 'Am I dreaming?' Taeyeon thought, 'This can't be real right now; Jonghyun can't just....' She pushes him away and immediately asks, "W—why did you kiss me on the lips?" "Isn't it obvious?" he asks. "I really like you, Park Taeyeon." Taeyeon quickly pulls the door shut, with her back up against the door. 

Later that afternoon, Taeyeon peeks out of her bedroom and finds a tray with a plate of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, a tall glass of milk, and a small, white envelope with her name on the wood floor. She slightly opens her door, kneeling down to pick up the envelope, opens it without any hesitations, pulls out the small paper, and began to read the message. 

나는, 당신은 여전히 나와 함께 화가 공원 태연을 알고있다.

그러나, 나의 특별한 땅콩 버터와 젤리 샌드위치를 먹는 고려하시기 바랍니다.

나는 당신을 위해 내 모든 사랑을했다.

정 종현

I know you are still upset with me, Park Taeyeon.

But, please consider eating one of my peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

I made it with all of my love.

Jung Jonghyun

Taeyeon scoffs, crushing the paper into a ball as she is standing up and throwing it at the tray. "I don't want to accept your apology." Taeyeon replies, "I just want you to get out of my life already." She slams the door shut as Jonghyun pops out of the corner. He walks over to pick up the letter and looks at the door with sad eyes. 'Did I really hurt her that much?' Jonghyun thought.