Chapter 13: A Silent Goodbye

Behind Her Purple Glasses

The next day, Minhee couldn't find Baekhyun anywhere at the academy. After eating lunch, Minhee drags Taeyeon out of the classroom.  "I have to talk with him, Taeyeon." Minhee replies, "I'm becoming worried." "What about Jonghyun then?" Taeyeon asks, "Aren't you worried about him?" Minhee sighs heavily and replies, "The words that Baekhyun said yesterday are stuck in my mind, Taeyeon." "Minhee," Taeyeon replies, "are you sure that you aren't in love with Baekhyun right now?" "I don't know anymore, Taeyeon." she replies, "Everything is becoming so confusing." "I have something to tell you, Minhee." Taeyeon replies.

 ♦♦♦♦♦

Meanwhile, Baekhyun's omma walks into his bedroom, setting down a tray filled with warm milk and cookies on his desk. "Adeul," she replies, "you're gonna have to get up one day or another." "OMMA!" he exclaims, putting one of his pillows over his face, "Can't you just leave me alone for once?" "Don't tell me that you are having trouble with girls...again." his omma replies, "Who is it this time?" "It's no one." Baekhyun lies, "I just want to sleep; that's all." "You can't fool your omma and you know that by heart." she replies, "I promise not to tell anyone, okay?" "The last time you said that," he replies, "you told the girl's parents." "Well," she replies, "I thought it would get you two closer together." "Well...it didn't." Baekhyun replies. His omma sighs heavily, heading over to the side of his bed. "Look," she replies, "I left a tray of cookies and a glass of warm milk on your desk since you won't eating else." She leaves his bedroom, closing the door behind her. Baekhyun removes the pillow off his face and sees the tray in front of him. 

'You'll never see me as the hero, Kim Minhee.'

'You'll only see me as the enemy.'

Baekhyun lifts up his hand to the ceiling, letting out a big sigh. "Babo..." Baekhyun replies, "Why did I say that to her?"

 ♦♦♦♦♦

"Is that true, Taeyeon?" Minhee asks, "Baekhyun knows about my secret?" Taeyeon nods her head and replies, "I was hoping that he would tell you one day, but I guess this is the only solution to tell you the truth." Minhee rushes for the staircase without any hesitation. "Minhee!" Taeyeon exclaims, "Where are you going; class isn't over yet!" Minhee doesn't answer back. Taeyeon sighs heavily, leaving a smile on her face. "Taeyeon," Jonghyun replies, coming out of the classroom, "where is Minhee?" She turns around and replies, "Minhee has to use the restroom; I'm sure that she'll be back before..." Jonghyun closes the classroom's door behind him, walking closer to Taeyeon. "You're lying, aren't you?" he asks. Taeyeon shakes her head and replies, "Why would I lie to you, Jonghyun?" "Taeyeon," he replies, "I am being serious here; now tell me the truth."

 ♦♦♦♦♦

"Baekhyun," replies his omma, from the other side of the door, "there's someone here to see you." "Tell them to go away!" he exclaims. "Hey Bacon!" Minhee exclaims, "You should know that it's rude to turn away guests, right?" Baekhyun sits up immediately once hearing Minhee's voice. 'What is she doing here?' he thought, 'Why is Minhee ditching school?' "Will you open up the door?" she asks, "I have something I have to ask you." Baekhyun gets out of bed, walks over to the door and opening it. "Why are you here, Minhee?" he asks, "Aren't you suppose to be in school right now?" "I could say the same thing to you too." she replies. "I guess I should leave you two alone." his omma replies, closing the door behind Minhee. "Omma!" Baekhyun exclaims. Minhee smiles slightly at his complaint.

 ♦♦♦♦♦

"What do you mean Minhee is going to see Baekhyun?!" Jonghyun exclaims, "What are you trying to do this time?" "I am not doing anything!" Taeyeon exclaims.  "Stop lying to yourself, Taeyeon." Jonghyun replies, "I know what you are planning." "Then say it out loud." Taeyeon replies, "I don't care." "You're helping Byun Baekhyun to flirt with Kim Minhee!!" Jonghyun exclaims. Everyone comes out of their classrooms, overhearing Jonghyun's shouting.  "What's so bad about that?" Taeyeon asks, "I know they like each other." "Then prove it to me." Jonghyun replies, "Where's the proof?" Taeyeon grabs a hold of Jonghyun's wrist, dragging him outside of the school. "Where are you taking me?" Jonghyun asks. "I'm taking you over to Baekhyun's house." Taeyeon replies, "I'm going to show you the truth." 

 ♦♦♦♦♦

"You should go back to school," Baekhyun replies, "Jonghyun is probably worried about you." "But I'm worried about you." Minhee replies. "Why?" Baekhyun asks, "You told me many times that we shouldn't...." "That was before I found out that you already knew my secret." Minhee replies, cutting Baekhyun's sentence short. "Taeyeon told you?" he asks. Minhee nods her head. "So..." he replies, "do you like me?" Minhee walks over to the bed, pulling up a chair to sit beside him. "I can't answer that yet." she replies. "And why not?" Baekhyun asks. "I have to tell Jonghyun first." Minhee replies, "And then I'll see." Baekhyun grabs Minhee's hand, placing it on his cheek. "But I can't wait that long." he whines. Minhee smiles at his childish tricks. "You know that I can't fall for that trick, right?" she asks. "Dang it." Baekhyun replies, "Then would you rather see the aggressive me?" "No!" Minhee exclaims, "Not even that." 

Meanwhile in front of Baekhyun's front door, Taeyeon rings the doorbell, hoping that someone would answer quickly. "This is nonsense." Jonghyun replies, "Minhee can't be here with Baekhyun." "Will you just shut up?!" Taeyeon exclaims, "I didn't drag you here to complain." Baekhyun's omma comes to the door and replies, "Taeyeon, I didn't expect to see you here too." "Sorry for interrupting, Mrs. Byun," Taeyeon replies, "but is Minhee still here?" "Yes she is." she replies, "Minhee is still talking to Baekhyun." "May we go and see Baekhyun?" Jonghyun asks, "If you don't mind having us stay here." "Not at all." she replies, "Let me fix up something for the four of you to eat." Taeyeon and Jonghyun enters the house, taking off their shoes, putting on the available slippers and eventually heading upstairs to Baekhyun's bedroom. "Stop it, Baekhyun!" Minhee shouts, as they are halfway up the staircase. "Minhee!" Jonghyun exclaims, rushing upstairs to the sound of her voice. He bursts through the door and sees Baekhyun, holding Minhee in his arms. "Jonghyun?" Minhee asks, looking up at him. Taeyeon appears behind Jonghyun and replies, "Wait up, will ya?" Minhee pulls away from Baekhyun, standing away from the bed. "Who let you guys in here?" Baekhyun asks. "Your omma, Baekhyun." Taeyeon replies. Jonghyun walks over to Minhee, grabbing her by the wrist and replies, "Let's go, Minhee." "Jonghyun, wait..." Minhee replies, trying to grab her backpack. Baekhyun climbs out of bed and grabs Minhee's other wrist. "Let her go, Jonghyun." he replies, "You can't just...." "Kim Minhee is my girlfriend." Jonghyun replies, cutting Baekhyun's sentence short, "And you are not going to take her away from me." He yanks Minhee's other wrist free from Baekhyun's grasp, grabs her backpack and heads out of Baekhyun's bedroom until Taeyeon comes in front of Jonghyun and replies, "You can't just claim that Minhee is your girlfriend; she hasn't even said anything about being your girlfriend." "Park Taeyeon," he replies, "when will you stop being foolish and eventually accept reality?" "When will you stop denying the fact that Baekhyun and Minhee like each other?" Taeyeon asks, "Isn't this enough for you to realize that she...." "I DON'T LOVE YOU, PARK TAEYEON!" Jonghyun exclaims, "HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT I DON'T LOVE YOU?!" 

Taeyeon eventually felt real tears coming out of her eyes. "Taeyeon...." Minhee replies. "I know you don't love me, Jonghyun." she replies, wiping her tears, "But I can't let you go." "Then let go of your love for me today." Jonghyun replies. "Jonghyun...." Minhee replies. "It's alright, Minhee." she replies, "I have to let go; so I hope you two will be happy together." Taeyeon turns and leave, exiting the house with tears flowing down her face. Minhee yanks out of Jonghyun's grasp and slaps him across the face. "How can you say something like that to Taeyeon, Jonghyun?" Minhee asks, "You may think you know what a girl wants, but in reality, you need to wake up from your own foolishness." She grabs her backpack out of Jonghyun's grasp and follows after Taeyeon.

 ♦♦♦♦♦

Minhee returns home, without any luck of contacting Taeyeon. "Where are you, Taeyeon?" Minhee asks, "Please be alright."

 ♦♦♦♦♦

Taeyeon sits on a swing set, crying her eyes out from Jonghyun's words.

'I DON'T LOVE YOU, PARK TAEYEON!'

'HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT I DON'T LOVE YOU?!'

'THEN LET GO OF YOUR LOVE FOR ME TODAY.'

"Get a grip of yourself, Taeyeon." she replies, talking to herself, "You don't need a man in your life; you can be an independent woman." All of a sudden, she receives a text message from Jonghyun.

Jonghyun: Hey, where are you?

Jonghyun: Minhee has been calling you and looking for you

Jonghyun: Stop making her so worried

She blocks his number from her contact, turns off her phone and eventually began to head for the airport. 'I'm sorry for doing this, Minhee,' Taeyeon thought, 'But I have to get away from here, in order to clear my mind.'