Chapter 9: An Old Lover

Behind Her Purple Glasses

"Do you like Minhee by any chance?" Taeyeon asks. Baekhyun remains silent for a while until saying, "Yes." "When did you start liking Minhee?" Taeyeon asks. "Ever since we started becoming enemies." Baekhyun replies, "I always thought that she was cute." "Then why did you ?" Taeyeon asks. "Because I didn't know what to say to her." he explains, "So teasing her was the only way to get close to Minhee."

A day after the incident, Minhee has awoken from the drug and found herself back home. "How did I get here?" she asks. Minhee sits up carefully, trying to remember what had happened. She suddenly felt a pain on her collarbone and notices that it was a hickey mark. Taeyeon comes into her bedroom and asks, "How are you feeling, Minhee?" "Taeyeon," Minhee replies, "what happened yesterday?" "Don't worry about what happened yesterday." she replies, "Hyunseung didn't do anything to you." "All I can remember was being on the roof with Hyunseung oppa and then blacking out." Minhee replies. "Baekhyun rescued you from Hyunseung." Taeyeon replies. Minhee looks at her friend and asks, "What do you mean that Baekhyun rescued me?" "A student noticed Hyunseung taking you into an empty classroom." she explains, "He/she told me about it and then I told Baekhyun." "You're just lying." Minhee replies, "Baekhyun wouldn't do anything like that." "You got to believe in me, Minhee." Taeyeon replies, "Baekhyun really cares for you; he didn't leave your side when you were in the nurse's office."

Meanwhile at Baekhyun's house, he lies on his bed, waiting for a call/text from Taeyeon. 'Come on, Taeyeon.' Baekhyun thought, 'Hurry up and tell me what is going on.' His phone began to vibrate on the desk and Baekhyun quickly rushes to see the text.

Taeyeon: Minhee's awake, but she doesn't believe that you were the one, who rescued her from Jang Hyunseung.

Should I head over there? :Baekhyun

Taeyeon: I don't think that would be a good idea; Minhee might ignore you.

Then what am I suppose to do? :Baekhyun

Taeyeon: I know you want to tell Minhee how you feel, but you're just gonna have to wait a little longer.

Fine. :Baekhyun

Baekhyun sighs and throws his phone on his bed. "I need to make her believe in me." Baekhyun replies, "But how?" All of a sudden, his phone began to vibrates again. Baekhyun picks it up and notices that it's a text message from Suho.

Suho: Do you wanna hang out tonight?

I don't think so; I got a lot of homework to do. :Baekhyun

Suho: Since when did you start caring about homework, Byun Baekhyun? This isn't like you at all.

You don't need to know :Baekhyun

Suho: Is it because of Kim Minhee?

Of course not! Why would I even...

Suho: We all know that you are worried about Minhee, Baekhyun. Just tell her how you feel.

And what if she doen't accept my love, hyung? What am I going to do then? :Baekhyun

Suho: Continues to confront her with gifts .

And if that doesn't work? :Baekhyun

Suho: Then try to find ways in order for her to get jealous.

I don't know if Minhee is the jealous type though :Baekhyun

Suho: Pretend to date her best friend, Taeyeon.

Taeyeon wouldn't agree to anything that stupid, hyung. :Baekhyun

Suho: Then maybe she might have someone that she likes.

Someone that she likes? :Baekhyun

Suho: Yes, like a crush or more like a boyfriend.

"A boyfriend?" Baekhyun asks, confused, "Minhee never mentioned having a boyfriend, but then again, I have been bullying her."

Suho: Are you still there, Baekhyun?

Sorry, hyung. I'll text you later. :Baekhyun

Back to Minhee's house, Taeyeon and Minhee were upstairs in her bedroom until her omma called for her name. "I'll be back." Minhee replies, heading out of the bedroom. Minhee reaches the first floor and sees her omma in the living room with a couple. "Mr. and Mrs. Jung," replies her omma, "this is my daughter, Kim Minhee." Minhee bows to the couple as they do the same. She quietly makes her way to the other side of the living room, taking a seat in the other single chair. "I have heard great stories of you, Minhee." replies Mrs. Jung, "You are truly amazing." "Thank you very much." Minhee replies, "I too have heard stories about you and your husband." "You don't remember us at all, do you?" asks Mr. Jung. "My omma would tell me about your background once in a while, but I can't seem to remember faces." Minhee replies. "Then do you remember our son?" Mrs. Jung asks. "Son?" Minhee asks. "Minhee?" someone asks. Minhee looks from Mr. and Mrs. Jung to a young man, dressed in a casual-like fashion.