Chapter 16: Double Trouble

Behind Her Purple Glasses

"She still won't talk to me, Minhee." Jonghyun replies, over the phone, "I already apologize to Taeyeon; I even made a my famous peanut butter and jelly sandwich for her." "I don't think a peanut butter and jelly sandwich is going to move her heart, Jonghyun." Minhee replies, "That's more for little kids." "I just want her to accept my apology." Jonghyun replies. "Maybe she probably did." Minhee replies. "She doesn't act like it." Jonghyun replies. "Look, you ," Baekhyun replies, taking Minhee's phone, "if you want her to spill the truth, then we'll have to plan something to make her say it." "Like how?" Jonghyun asks, "And since when did you know so much about girls, Bacon?" "MY NAME IS NOT BACON!!!" he exclaims. "BABO!" Minhee exclaims, hitting Baekhyun on the back of his head, "YOU'RE GONNA BLOW OUT MY EARDRUM; I'll talk with you later, Jonghyun." "Okay then; bye." Jonghyun replies. 

"Why do we have to go to Andong?" Baekhyun asks, with his arms crossed, "Can't we just video chat or something?" "If we want Jonghyun and Taeyeon to be together," Minhee replies, "then we have to be there, physcially." "Does she even know that?" Baekhyun asks. "Of course not." Minhee replies, "I already told Jonghyun to not tell Taeyeon." Minhee and Baekhyun arrives to Andong around late afternoon. "Now," Minhee replies, "we just need to contact Jonghyun and tell him where we'll be meeting him and Taeyeon." 

♦♦♦♦♦

"Taeyeon," Jonghyun asks, knocking on her door, "are you done dressing up yet?" "Don't rush me!" she exclaims, "It's not like you're in a hurry or anything." "But what if the restaurants are closed?" he asks, "We may not get something to eat." Taeyeon comes out of her room, dressed in a pair of white shorts and a over-sized t-shirt that has been tucked in on the front. "Can I just wear this?" she asks, "I don't feel like dressing up." "That's why I bought you this." Jonghyun replies, handing her a shopping bag, "I think you'll look amazing in it." Taeyeon closes the door and decides to try it on for size. After another twenty to thirty minutes later, Taeyeon comes out in a light blue summer dress. "Do I look okay?" she asks. "You look amazing." Jonghyun replies, "Now, we better get going." "Where to?" Taeyeon asks.

Baekhyun constantly looks at his phone for the time, while stirring his drink. "What is taking them so long?" he asks. "They should be here soon." Minhee replies, "I'm sure of it." "And what if they don't make up?" Baekhyun asks, "What are you going to do after that?" "I'll find a plan." she replies. "Here's your side order." replies one of the waitresses. Minhee thanked her before spotting Taeyeon and Jonghyun. "They're here!" Minhee exclaims, in a hush tone. "Where?" Baekhyun asks, looking around, "I don't see them." "Sorry we're a little late." Jonghyun replies, approaching the table with Taeyeon following behind, "She couldn't decide what to wear." "Same with Minhee." Baekhyun replies. Jonghyun pulls out one of the chairs for Taeyeon; she just glares at him and asks, "What are you doing?" "Respecting you." Jonghyun replies, "Just sit down in the chair." Taeyeon does what Jonghyun says and sits in the chair. "What did you order for dinner tonight?" Jonghyun asks, taking a seat in between Baekhyun and Taeyeon. "We were waiting for you two to show up." Minhee replies, "But we did order a small side dish to start off."

After a long dinner and small talk, Taeyeon stands up to look for the bathroom as Minhee and Baekhyun quietly make their way out of the restaurant. Five minutes later, Taeyeon comes back and asks, "Where did Baekhyun and Minhee go?" "They had to catch the last train to Seoul." Jonghyun replies. "And Minhee didn't even say goodbye to me." she replies, "How rude!" "Oh come on, Taeyeon," he replies, "We're going back to Seoul soon anyways." "Who said that I was leaving Andong?" Taeyeon replies, "You can go back to Seoul all by yourself; I'm leaving right now." Jonghyun quickly got up from his seat and grabs a hold of Taeyeon's wrist. "Yah!" she exclaims, drawing attention to herself and Jonghyun, "Let me go, you—" "Is there a problem here?" asks another waitress. "Not at all." Jonghyun replies, "We just need a bit of fresh air." Jonghyun drags Taeyeon out of the restaurant with him and finally lets go of her wrist. "What the heck is wrong with you?" Taeyeon asks, "Was all of this a plan to get you and me together?" "Yes!" Jonghyun replies, "Since you've been playing very hard to get." "What?!" she exclaims, "How can you say that to me?" "It's true, though." he replies, "You won't accept my one-side love for you." "That doesn't matter." Taeyeon replies, "What matters right now is that you forced Minhee and Baekhyun to help you on this little scheme." Jonghyun scoffs and replies, "So you're saying that I'm bullying Minhee and Baekhyun." "YES!" Taeyeon replies. Then, Jonghyun immediately grabs the back of Taeyeon's head and pulls her into a deep kiss. Although Taeyeon tries to push him away, Jonghyun still manages to keep their lips locked. He slowly pulls away from Taeyeon as she slowly opens her eyes to look at Jonghyun. "Now," he replies, "will you stop being stubborn?" Taeyeon hesitates to answer until Jonghyun's phone began to rang. "Hello?" Jonghyun answers. "BAD NEWS, JONGHYUN!" Baekhyun replies, "MINHEE HAS BEEN KIDNAP!" "KIDNAP?!" he exclaims, "KIDNAPPED BY WHO?!" "What is going on, Jonghyun?" Taeyeon asks, "Who had kidnap Minhee?" "It's Hyunseung!" Baekhyun exclaims.