Chapter 18: Lost Sight

Behind Her Purple Glasses

Baekhyun wakes up in a hospital room, still feeling the pain from the bullet. "Baekhyun," Taeyeon replies, "you shouldn't be moving so much right now." "How's Jonghyun?" he asks, "Is he still alright?" Taeyeon nods her head and replies, "He's fine." Baekhyun sighs in relief until realizing that Minhee is still missing. "Did Yoseob give you anything?" Baekhyun asks, "Any new information?" She shook her head at him. "There is nothing about Minhee." Taeyeon replies, "I already sent out a search party for Minhee, so you don't have to worry." "What about Hyuna?" Baekhyun asks, "I want to know if she knows anything about Hyunseung's crime." "What if she is lying like Yoseob?" Taeyeon asks, "Aren't you afraid of that?" "I rather believe her more than one of Hyunseung's goons." Baekhyun replies.

"Why did you lie to me, Yoseob?!" Minhee exclaims, "Do you know how much I trusted you?" "I'm sorry for doing that to you, Minhee." he replies, "But it's all Hyunseung's orders." "Yoseob," she replies, "this isn't an order; it's a crime!!" "I know it's a crime." Yoseob replies, "But I can't let Hyunseung go back in jail." "And why is that?" Minhee asks, "Why can't he go back in jail?"

Hyuna arrives to the hospital within an hour after Baekhyun calling her. "Do you know anything about Hyunseung as of right now?" Baekhyun asks. "He hasn't told me much." she replies, "But he's been acting very suspicious whenever he comes to visit me." "Hyuna," Taeyeon replies, "has Hyunseung done anything you to since you both started dating?" That's where she lost her train of thoughts. 

'Hyunseung-ah, what are you doing?'

'Hush!'

'Stop it, Hyunseung! I don't like what you are doing!'

'Be quiet, Hyuna!'

'Ah! Why are you doing this to me?!'

"Hyuna?" Taeyeon asks, "Hyuna?" "What?" she asks, looking at Taeyeon. "Has Hyunseung abused you at all?" Taeyeon asks. "He has." Hyuna replies, hesitantly. Everyone's eyes widen at her words. "I didn't expect him to do anything like that at all." she continues, "I just thought he was the kind person he was on day one." "And has he done anything similar to any other girls?" Taeyeon asks. "I have heard stories about them." Hyuna replies, "But I always thought that they were fake until knowing that he would do something like that to Minhee at school."

"What?!" Minhee exclaims, "You bailed Hyunseung out of jail in order to drop the case that your sister was ually assulted by your best friend." "I didn't know what to do at the time." Yoseob replies. "That was a pathetic choice." she replies, "You should've let him stay in jail." "But he's my friend." he continues. "I don't care!" Minhee replies, "Your family is more important than your friends, Yoseob; what Hyunseung did to your sister is a sin and you should know that." Yoseob hesitates to say anything. "What if you did something horrible to Hyunseung?" Minhee continues, "Would he bail you out of jail if you did something like that?"

"Hyunseung," Hyuna replies, over the phone, "I want to meet you at my place tonight at 6; are you busy?" "Not at all, my love." he replies, "I promise to be there early." "Okay." Hyuna replies, "See you then." Hyuna hangs up the phone, looks at Taeyeon and replies, "I want you to show up at my place around 4 to set up the hidden cameras." Taeyeon nods her head and replies, "Thanks for the help, Hyuna." After Hyuna left, Taeyeon turns to Baekhyun and replies, "I promise that we will find Minhee." Baekhyun sighs and replies, "I just hope that she is okay."

Meanwhile at Hyuna's house, Hyunseung enters the empty house and sees Hyuna, waiting for him. "What took you so long?" she asks, looking at the time, "It's already 7." "Yoseob's car broke down and so I had to take him home." Hyunseung replies, "What do you want to talk about?" "I want to know where you took that , Kim Minhee." Hyuna replies. Hyunseung froze for a moment. "What did you say again?" he asks. "I want to know where you took that ." she replies. "And why do you want to know?" "Just wondering." "I don't know." Hyuna stands up from her seat and replies, "YOU'RE LYING!!" Hyunseung also stands up and replies, "YOU'RE HELPING THAT SON OF A , BAEKHYUN, AREN'T YA?!" "WHY DOES THAT MATTER?!" Hyuna exclaims, "YOU ALREADY ME IN THE PAST! YOU UALLY ASSULTED YOSEOB'S SISTER AND NOW YOU THINK YOU NEED TO UALLY ASSULT KIM MINHEE!!! WHAT HAPPENED TO THE 'NICE' HYUNSEUNG THAT I KNEW?!" "SHUT UP, YOU HOE!" Hyunseung exclaims, pulling out his small pistol, "YOU DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT ME!! YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING TO ME BECAUSE YOU DON'T GOT ANY DAMN PROOF THAT I DID ANY OF THOSE THINGS!!! BESIDES, MINHEE IS HIDDEN AT THE BASEMENT OF THE SCHOOL WITH YOSEOB AND THE OTHERS; NO ONE WILL EVER BE ABLE TO SAVE HER THEN!!" Hyuna switch on the lights, revealing a combination of the SWAT, FBI, and local policemen. "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE, HYUNA?!" Hyunseung exclaims, "WHEN DID YOU SET THIS UP?!" "With my help, Jang Hyunseung." Taeyeon replies, entering into the room. "BUT HOW?!" he continues. "It was pretty simple." Taeyeon replies, "There were hidden cameras all around this room and now we know where Minhee's current location is." "YOU !!!" Hyunseung shouts, "HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO YOUR OWN BOYFRIEND?!" "Because I stopped loving you since the beginning." Hyuna replies, "I was only pretending to stay by your side." One of the policemen pins Hyunseung to the table, so the other could handcuff his hands to his back. "Have a nice life, Jang Hyunseung." Taeyeon replies, as they drag him out of the house. 

Down in the basement of the school,  the entire SWAT team ambushes the whole school, dragging each and every of Hyunseung's goons, all the BEAST members, into a large van. Baekhyun rushes out of the taxi car, into the school's basement to find Minhee with the paramedics. "Minhee!" he exclaims, running up to her, "Minhee, are you alright?! I'm so worried about you." "Where are you, Baekhyun?" she asks, looking around, "Why can't I see you anywhere?" "I'm right here, Minhee." Baekhyun replies, "I'm right in front of you." "I still don't see you." Minhee replies. "Minhee," Baekhyun replies, "are you going blind?"