Chapter 19: A First Time For Everything

Behind Her Purple Glasses

"She may not be able to see for the rest of her life." the doctor replies. "But, doctor," Baekhyun replies, "do you know what caused her to go blind?" "Possibly chemicals of some sort or etc." he replies. Both Baekhyun and Minhee's mother enter the office, only to see Baekhyun with the doctor. "Where's my daughter?" asks Minhee's omma, "Is she alright; is she injured?" Baekhyun hesitates to say anything until the doctor says, "Your daughter may not have her eye sight ever again." "WHAT?!" she exclaims, "THAT CAN'T HAPPEN!!!" "Mrs. Kim," he continues, "the surgery is quite expensive." "I DON'T CARE HOW MUCH IT COSTS!" she exclaims, "I AM WILLLING TO PAY FOR THAT SURGERY IN ORDER TO HAVE MY DAUGHTER SEE AGAIN." "How much is the surgery, doctor?" Baekhyun asks. "It varies about a few thousand dollars." he replies. Minhee's omma almost faints at the news until Baekhyun's omma replies, "Mrs. Kim, why don't we leave to get you some fresh air?" After they had left, Baekhyun then asks, "When will Minhee be placed in the rooms?" "She should be in her room by now." the doctor replies. 

Baekhyun quietly opens the door to Minhee's room and found her asleep. He closes the door behind him, walking over to the bed, pulling over a seat from the window and sitting next to Minhee. His omma and Minhee's omma poke their head through the door and watch their children closely. "Minhee," Baekhyun replies, "even if you can't see anymore....I....I won't stop loving you; I am willing to stay by your side no matter how hard it is." "Ajummas," Taeyeon replies, "what are you two watching?" "We're spying on Baekhyun and Minhee." replies Minhee's omma. Taeyeon and Jonghyun try their best to hold in their laughs until Baekhyun's omma opens the door, causing both the moms to fall and startles Baekhyun. "Omma....were you spying on me?" he asks. "How's Minhee?" Taeyeon asks, helping Minhee's omma as Jonghyun is helping Baekhyun's omma, "What did the doctor say about her eyes?" "He said that she may never get her eye back." Baekhyun replies, "But I'm willing to give up my life to help Minhee." "So," Jonghyun replies, "you're not planning to attend school with us." "Baekhyun will be taking online courses." replies his omma, "We already talked with the head principal about it." "That's good." Taeyeon replies, "What about Minhee; how is she going to study for school?" "I'm helping her with that as well." Baekhyun adds. "Don't stress yourself too much man." Jonghyun replies.

A few days later, Baekhyun would get up early to head over to Minhee's house, hoping to greet her omma before she leaves for work. "Did Minhee eat anything yet?" Baekhyun asks, placing his backpack down by the couch, "If not, I can make something and you can head off for work." "Are you sure?" she asks, "I don't want you to do everything for Minhee." "It's fine, ajumma." he replies, "You have done more than enough." "Okay then." she replies, "I'll see you two around five." After Minhee's omma left, Baekhyun goes upstairs to greet Minhee. He, at first, knocks on her bedroom door and says, "Minhee-ah, are you awake yet?" Baekhyun slowly opens the door and found that she was still asleep. He tiptoes over to the bed and taps on her shoulder, hoping that she would wake up. "What is it, omma?" Minhee replies, "I'm still very tired." "It's time for breakfast." Baekhyun replies, in a high voice. Minhee gets up and stretches her arms out, eventually hitting Baekhyun's face. "Ow..." Minhee replies, grabbing a hold of her hand, "Who hurted my hand?" "I think you broke my face, Minhee." Baekhyun replies. 

After five hours of studying for school and stuff, Baekhyun whispers in Minhee's ear, "Do you know what I wanna do right now?" "What?" Minhee asks, curiously. Baekhyun leans in to kiss Minhee on the lips, leaving her in a trance. He starts to push Minhee down onto the couch, with his hand gripping onto the backrest of the couch. Minhee hesitates to kiss Baekhyun back, but eventually caught up on his little game. "Baekhyun," Minhee replies, in between the kiss, "what if someone walks in on us?" Baekhyun pulls away from Minhee and replies, "Are you afraid?" "I'm embarrassed." Minhee replies, with her face blushing red, "I don't want to—" "Then," Baekhyun replies, getting off the couch, "why don't we head on upstairs?" "And why would we do that?" she asks. "You'll see in a moment." he replies, carrying her up from the couch and onwards to the bedroom, locking the door behind him.