Missed call

New Story (새로운 이야기)

You arrive at Rachel’s house to call and check out on the SM number. There is no one inside her house, just like usual, her mom and dad are busy with work. You’re going up to Rachel’s room on the second floor.

Your step become heavier as you walk, wearing the pink slipper you always wear when coming to Rachel’s house.

You finally went in to her room, she directly running to her laptop and turn it on and drop her body to her bed “Owww so tireedd” she said while kicking the air. You drop your body as well and let out a big sigh.

“Hey you could destroy my house with that” joke Rachel commenting on your sigh.

You two laugh together and then you can hear the sound of Rachel’s laptop , she went up all at once just like she’s been sting by a bee or something.

“Give me the name card” said Rachel desperately while giving her hand waiting for you to pass it to her.

You don’t have any choice anymore, you’re trapped, and you pass the name card to Rachel after taking it out from your pocket. After a minute of loud passionate typing, Rachel looks at you with a mysterious look.

“What?”  

“I think you know what I’m going to say”

Yes, you hate that you actually know that that name card and phone number is real.

You two called the number on the name card and the lady on the phone said that the CEO casted a young lady while he was visiting the UK and expected a call from her. You then told the lady on the phone that you need to talk to your parents and will call again about your decision.

“Hey YOON HAN NA you got casted!! You shouldn’t waste this rare opportunity or maybe this is gonna be the first and last for you! You can’t waste this opportunity just because of him! Your mom will be soooo happy as well coz you can finally live with your family again”

Rachel grabs your shoulder and shakes them to make sure you’re still alive. You live alone in the dormitory that the school provided while your family is in Seoul. You went to UK 3 years ago because an offer to study there, and you took that offer, that’s what make you’re here now.

“YAA!!”

Rachel’s voice awaken you from your dream,

“I know if I call you in Korean, you’ll answer me”

You taught Rachel some of Korean in case you get in some kind of problem and suddenly lost your memory of English.

 

You’re walking home while kicking some small stones. You arrived at your place and decided to call your mom and talk about the SM offer. You think that it will be a good experience if you take this offer and you can actually go home. You’re the kind of girl that like to try new things, even if it’s hard you’ll always do your best and put a smile on your face.

You take out your phone and press number 1 on your dial button. You take a big breath before putting your phone on your ear, “Omma~”.

 

EXO are waiting on backstage and ready to get on the stage to perform their song, Christmas Day. Kris saw one of the member looking blankly at his phone while sighing,

“Ya! Turned off your phone, we need to go” Kris said to him and putting his arm around his (member) shoulder.

“EXO please get ready and….. go”  the PD under the stage gives a clue to role the music.

“seolleme bupureo nuneul tteuneun achim”

***

You’re lazing around your sofa while turning on your TV. It’s Saturday and school is closed on Saturday, you usually go out every Saturday with Rachel but today that friend is going somewhere with her family. You changed your channel to a Korean music program, you’re hardly watch any music program due to your study schedule.

The screen shows a big thing that looks like a cake with a bunch of guys standing on it. They're posing cooly yet cutely for the camera. You freeze when a face zooming through tour screen.

Man....

“seolleme bupureo nuneul tteuneun achim”

It’s your first time watching EXO’s live performance, you’ve watched EXO’s mv because Rachel is really desperate to see them, but not the live performance.

You’re trying to find someone and glued your eyes on him. You can’t believe that he changed so much and he looks different from 3 years ago,

Well they trained him to become cool

You actually know that you missed him so much and you acknowledge that he’s been cool since ever but just don’t want to admit it. The performance comes to an end but you still have your eyes glued on the TV, then you hear someone is calling your phone, someone is calling you through kakaotalk. You jump off the sofa and trying to get your phone and answer it but you’re too late. You look at your screen and a name displayed.

Oh God.