Prom Night

P.S I Love You

 

I was walking towards the class, quite slowly since I had arrived much earlier. It was Minji's fault though! She had a date in an hour and she had to send me to school earlier. "OMG! We're SO going!" "I can't wait! I'm sure JB will ask ME to go with him!" I looked at those girls confused and entered the class.

It was no longer than 3 minutes since I had entered the class...."Hyoyeon~" Mark sat next to me and smiled. 'I forgot we were sitting together. My last hope is gone.' I thought and let out a sigh. "Are you theeeee~re?" He shook his hand in front of my face and I slapped it. "I'm here, stop that" I mumbled.

I put my books on the desk. "Did you do the math homework?" He asked and I glared at him. "If you're planning to stay in this university then maybe you should start studying." I answered coldly. "I study! I just couldn't solve that problem..." He pouted and I hit his head with my math notebook. "Do it quickly."He smiled widely. "YOU'RE THE BEST" He yelled and kissed my cheek. I froze,my eyes goggled.

 

2nd Lunch Break

 

I was at the cafeteria, sitting on my own again since Jikyung was still too sick to attend school. "Three,two...one" "HEY HYOYEON~" Mark jumped and sat right next to me. "Knew it." I mouthed. I didn't mind him so much anymore since it's been almost a month since he began...following me everywhere.

While we were...'chatting' or whatever, everyone kept talking about the school prom. "Girls keep asking GOT7 to go with them to the prom.." Mark mumbled. "Has anyone asked JB?" I asked, thinking of Jikyung. "Why do you care? Do you like him?" Mark asked shocked. "No! It's not for me, JEEZ!" I yelled.

He huffed in relief. "Many girls asked him but he said that none of them is the girl he wants to go with." "Good thing." I mouthed and took a bite of my sandwich. "What about you?" I asked him and he looked a little shocked. "S-Some girls asked me too..."

"And?" 

"I don't like any of them." He said instantly. I raised an eyebrow. "How come?" He looked at me confused and I chuckled. "I-I'm not who you think I am,Hyoyeon... I'm not a playboy!" He defended himself in a sad expression. I hit his shoulder. "Yah, I was teasing you." I said giggling.

"Do you want to go with me to the prom?" I completely froze. I let my sandwich on the table slowly. "I-I... I don't really go to proms... I actually never go..." He gulped. "You could have just--" "N-No.. I'm serious. I never go to proms." I cut his speech and repeated my words.

"Why's that?" He asked and I crossed my arms. "I-I... am not really into those stuff. I always prefered staying home and playing video games, or reading a book...Nobody asked me to go to the prom anyway." I explained. "Well I'm asking you now. Come with me, it'll be fun! You'll see!" He exclaimed. He looked so happy, I didn't want to make him sad.

"I-I don't know I'll think abo--" 

"Please." He begged, looking right into my eyes. "Ah, alright alright... But I can't promise you too look pretty like all of those girls I don't really--" he cut my speech. "You're beautiful anyway~" He said happily and stood up."See you tonight!" He winked at me and left happily. I chuckled and stood up as well to return to the class.

 

Later, At Home

 

It was already 9 o'clock and Mark was coming in 5 minutes. I still wasn't ready. I hadn't done anything, not my hair I hadn't wore my dress, NOTHING. I didn't want to go! I spent my whole evening playing Outlast. Suddenly the door bell rang and I slowly walked towards the door and opened it ,embarrassed.

Mark looked at me confused. He was so handsome. He was wearing a black shirt and black trousers, his red hair was messy but in a nice way. I looked at the floor completely embarrassed that I wasn't ready. My hair was a messy ponytail, I was wearing my loose white shirt and shorts and I had no make up on.

"Why are you not ready?" He asked and I gulped. "I-I... I don't want to go.." I mumbled slowly. He huffed and entered the house, then closed the door. He crossed his arms. "Sorry..." I bit my lower lip. "it's too late now." He chuckled. "Nope! Come on, I'll help you get ready!" He held my hand.

"What?" I asked. "I'll get you ready~ Where's your room?" I pointed upstairs and he ran towards there, holding my hand. I had my short black dress on the bed. Mark picked it up and gave it to me. "Put it on!" He exclaimed and I slowly took it from him and walked in the toilet. "FASTER" He yelled. I jumped startled and rushed to the toilet.

I quickly put it on and then got out of the toilet. He smiled. "Perfect!" He mumbled. He made me sit on the chair and grabbed my brush. He let down my hair and began brushing it. "Plug in the straightener." He suddenly said and I looked at him confused. "Seriously?" I asked and he nodded. "Well...DAH."

I chuckled and plugged it in. When he was finished brushing my hair, he grabbed the straightener and began straightening it.About 15-20 minutes later he was finished and I plugged it out. "Woah~ It's so cool~" I said happily and he chuckled cutely. "Do I really have to put make up on?" I asked,bitting my lips.

"Come on~ Just a little~" He begged and I huffed. I put some make up on and stood up. I was about to grab my black sneakers. He slapped my hands and I looked at him confused. "No!" He grabbed my high heeled-boots and gave them to me. "Ah, not heels!" I yelled sadly.

"Why would you buy them if you would never use them?" He asked. "Minji gave them to me, but I never wear high heels.." I explained.He huffed and pouted. "This one time? For me?" I lowered my eyebrows. "AH!" I yelled and grabbed them. I put them on and rushed downstairs. "Are you coming or what?" I shouted and he ran downstairs.

He held my hand and made me spin. "You're perfect." He mumbled smiling and I chuckled. 'Wait. Why am I acting this way?!' I yelled in my head and I bit my lower lip. He held my hand and we began walking towarsd the club. When we entered the club I could feel many pairs of eyes on me.

I felt so uneasy that I wrapped my arms around Mark's and pushed my face against it,nervously. He looked at me confused. Are you nervous?" He asked and I gulped. "W-Why would you say that?" I asked. "Of course, why would i!" He exclaimed ironically and I gulped for once more.

"I told you, I never go to proms... I don't... I don't like being around so many people...staring at me and criticising me." "Why would they criticise you?" I gulped. "I know they don't like me,Mark." I explained and he huffed, crossing his arms. "I don't believe that. And even if they don't, you shouldn't care. I like you,right? I've told you billion times..." 

"I-I... I'll be right back!" I yelled and ran towards the toilets. I locked myself in a room-toilet and sat on the toilet. I held my legs and took several breaths. 'Why am i feeling this way.... I-I shouldn't feel like that.. He doesn't feel ANYTHING FOR ME! He's just...he's just having some fun! That's all... I shouldn't care... I shouldn't...' I kept thinking.

Suddenly somebody knocked on the door. I got startled. "Hyoyeon? Are you there?" I heard Mark's voice. "M-Mark... What are you... I-I..." I had no idea what to say. I heard him huff. "Open the door." He said in a serious tone. I was about to open the door but I stopped. "I-I cant"

"Please." He insested. I gulped and then i finally opened it. He came inside and closed the door. "Why are you hidden in here?" He asked. "I-I get nervous in crowd..." I explained. "But i'm with you! You don't need to care about them! You have me!" He held my cheeks.

"M-Mark... I-I..." 

"Hyoyeon..."