Kai, Thank You

P.S I Love You

 

I opened my eyes, breathing heavily. My wounds were still hurting quite a lot. The door slowly opened and Kai appeared smiling. He walked towards me and sat on a chair, next to me. He was caressing my cheek. "Good morning princess." He giggled and I smiled. I rubbed my eyes, while he was gazing at me.

"how do you feel?" He asked and I coughed. "It hurts... but I'll be ok." I assured him. "You're very stubborn, aren't you?" He asked chuckling and I lowered my eyebrows. "I'm just trying to be strong." I answered and stood up slowly. He quickly held my hand and my waist, to help me.

"I want to go out.." I mumbled sadly. "Do you want to go to the beach?" He suggested smiling widely. I froze with my mouth slightly open.

Mark wrapped his arms around me and held me tightly. "Do you want us to leave?" He asked and I looked at him. "But... you put so much effort in--" "It's ok. I want you to be ok. Hey! Let's go to your place and play video games! Let's record a walkthrough~ DreamTeam's Hyoyeon and GOT7's Mark! Couldn't be better~" I smiled.

I recalled the day Mark was trying to cheer me up. I tried to forget everything and just nodded smiling. "Let's!" He hend my hand and we began walking to the beach.

When we reached the beach, Kai found a nice spot and we sat there. "The sea... it's so quiet and peaceful.. I wish I was like that.." I mumbled and he looked at me confused. "I think i'm trying too much... I'm trying too much to avoid everyone that I achieve the exact opposite.." I added and he crossed his arms.

"Why do you want to avoid everyone?" He asked. "I didn't want to cause any troubles, I just wanted to finish university and continue my life.." I explained. "I'm glad I noticed you, then." He said and I looked at him confused. "Why's that?" "You're too good to be treated the way those girls treat you. I'm glad i'm here to show you how special you are" 

I gulped. "That's the problem. I'm too good." I whispered to myself. "That's NOT a problem!" He almost shouted. He looked... different. I looked into his eyes again. "Your eyes are dark. They hide sadness. Like the night ocean." I mumbled and he froze. "Can you...read my eyes?"  I chuckled.

"There's one thing i'm good at" I said and he tried to smile. "What are you hiding?" I asked and he huffed.  There was a silence. The only thing you could listen was the sea. "I lost somebody special once... She was... a really good friend of mine. She used to get bullied, like you. One day...they were too harsh to her..." He stopped talking, and wipped his tears.

"If you dont--" He cut my speech by shaking his head from side to side. "Her wounds were severe. I got her to the hospital immediatly but... she didn't make it.. they stopped bullying people since that day at the school..but they began doing it again! I couldn't let it happen, that's why i wanted to befriend you and protect you... but then..."

He looked in my eyes. "It got stronger." I looked at him confused. "S-Stronger?" I asked and he nodded. He held my hand and smiled. I flew into his arms,making him fall on the sand. We both began laughing while he was hugging me tightly. "Kai..." "Hm?" He moaned. "Thank you." I said smiling.

He chuckled and looked at the sky. "Why are you thanking me?" He asked. "For being here for me. If i hadn't you... i don't think I could make it.." I explained and he kissed my forehead. "Everything's going to be alright. I promise you!" He reached out his pinkie and I looked at him.

 

"Hyoyeon." Minji called me. I nodded. "I need to go.." Mark wipped the rest of his tears and touched my chin. "One day." He smiled and I smiled as well.I held out my pinkie and he chuckled. He hooked his pinkie to mine and brought his forehead against mine."One day." I repeated.

 

I shrugged the thoughts away and hooked my pinkie to Kai's. "It's a promise!" We both said in one voice. Then Kai stood up and helped me to stand up too. "Hyoyeon..." He looked confused. "What does he give to you? Why do you keep caring about him? He's not even here for you. He didn't even call to see if you're ok,even though he knows what happened to you. Why do you keep caring about him, Hyoyeon?" I was standing there dumbfounded.

"He...made me happy. He always did... He was sweet and kind towards me, he always protected me.." I explained, gulping. He huffed and looked at the ground. "Protected, that's what you think.." He mumbled silently. "What do you mean?" I asked and he clenched his fists. "Nothing." He answered coldly.

"Just... don't trust him. He's not who he shows to be." I was staring at him dumbfounded.