I'm Fine Being Alone

P.S I Love You

 

I was walking towards the cafeteria slowly, trying not to get anyone's attention...again. I sat at an empty table alone, eating my sandwich silently. 'I wish he was here' I thought and huffed. "Look it's her...the loner..." "She never talks to anyone, she keeps avoiding everyone and shouting at those who approach her." "She ."

I gulped and held my tears. 'If Mark was here... he would make me happy...he would protect me...'  I lowered my head, hiding my face with my bangs and rest hair. When I was finished eating I stood up and walked out of the cafeteria. When school was finished I walked behind the school, trying to find any kitty or a puppy.

I almost gave up, when I heard a little kitty crying. I quickly rushed towards it and knelt down. I reached out my hand and she crawled towards me. She my fingers and I giggled. I took out the rest of my sandwich and gave some to her. She began eating happily making me really happy seing her satisfied.

"I didn't know you were that sensitive." I smiled to myself/ 'Mark?!' I thought and turned around but my smile insantly dissappeared. It was just a boy from my class. "What are you doing here?" I asked in a cold tone. "I followed you." He shrugged and moved towards me. "Why?"

"You're always alone, I thought you might wanted someone to talk.." He answered. "I don't need friends. I'm fine." I said and he huffed. He sat down next to me and looked at the kitty. "She's cute." He mumbled. I lowered my eyebrows. "What's her name?" He asked and I thought about it a little. "I'll call her...Nana." 'like the kitty me and Mark used to take care of'

"Cute name!" He exclaimed happily. I looked at him and huffed. "Do you even know my name?" I asked him and he nodded. "Hyoyeon. Do you know mine?" He asked and I shook my head from side to side. He frowned and I shrugged. "It's Kai." I bit my lower lip. "Okay." I stood up and grabbed my backpack.

"Where are you going?" He asked, standing up as well. I picked up the kitty. "Home." I raised my left eyebrow and began walking away. "Why does she like being alone..."  He whispered to himself and then he smiled to himself. I was quickly walking towards my house, since I was getting a little scared. I didn't like walking in streets i didn't know.

"Hey girl! How does it feel being all alone?" I hear a girl yelling at me, then tthey all giggled. I ignored them and increased my pace. They all came closer to me and they pushed me but I ignored them again. "Don't ignore me !" One of them shouted at me and pushed me so hard that I fell on the ground. They began hittng me while shouting at me.

"HEY!" I heard a familiar voice. "LEAVE HER ALONE!" I raised my head and saw him. Kai was there. He was pushing them away from me. "What's your problem?! Did she do anything to you?!" He asked them angrily. They were staring at him shocked. "Just leave!" He glared at them and then rushed towards me.

When they had finally left, Kai held my hands and helped me to stand up. My ribs hurt and my right cheek was bruised. "Why are you helping me?" I managed to ask, holding my ribs. "I couldn't just leave you there.. They were treating you awfuly! Anyone would have saved you!" He explained.

"I don't... I don't need you.." I pushed him and tried to walk away but I fell on my knees. Kai ran towards me and helped me to stand up. He picked me up bridal style and walked me towards my house. "Why won't you leave me alone..." I whispered. "Because... b-because." He coughed and continued his route.

When we reached my house, Minji quickly opened the door and held me in her arms. "What happened?!" She asked shocked. "Some girls hit her. I saw them,stopped them and brought her here." Kai explained and Minji put me on the couch. He nodded at Kai to come in and he did.

Minji took care of my injuries while I was sleeping. Suddenly my phone rang. Minji was in the bathroom and I was still asleep so Kai answered it, unwillingly. "H-Hello?" "....Who's that?" Kai gulped. "I-I'm a friend of  Hyoyeon's. She couldn't pick up the phone, she's asleep." He explained. "Are you at her house?" "Y-Yeah.." There was an akward silence.

"Give me Minji!" Kai gulped and walked to the first floor. "M-Minji?" "Yeah?" She asked and Kai handed her the phone. 

 

Minji's POV

 

"Hello?" I asked confused. "Who was that?!"  I huffed and facepalmed myself. "Mark for the love of God, you scared the poor boy! He was trembling!" I almost shouted angrily. Mark huffed. "Why is he there? And who is he?" He asked, ignoring my words. "He is Kai, he brought Hyoyeon home." I explained, not saying the whole truth.

I wanted to see his reaction. "WHY?!" He yelled in my ear. I made a sour expression and got the phone away from my ear. "He saved her Mark!" I shouted. "W-What do you mean?" He seemed a little worried. "She got beaten up today. Pretty harsh... and Kai saved her and brought her home--" "WHAT?!" He screamed

"HOW IS SHE?!" "stop shouting! I took care of her wounds, she's alright now." I answered and Mark moaned sadly. "I want to see her, Minji! I want to embrace her and tell her it's ok! That I will take care of her and protect her.." I huffed. I know her and his pain. I knew Mark really wanted to do this and so did Hyoyeon.

"Mark, I wish you could. She wishes the same... She... she hasn't stoped mumbling your name since Kai brought her here. She keeps...asking for your protection." I had to tell him the truth. "Minji I NEED to get there!" He almost shouted."No! You can't Mark! You're also a student, you can't give up everything now!"

"I don't care about my studies! I just want to see her... I want her to be ok!" He explained and I huffed. "She'll be ok. I promise you. But you need to stay there for the time being." I said and looked towards Hyoyeon. "I don't know how long I'll be able to stand this." He mumbled. "I gotta hang up, she's waking up--" "WAIT! Minji, give her the phone, please! I need to talk to her!" Mark begged.

I was hesitating but Hyoyeon glanced at me. I huffed and handed her the phone. "My baby?"

 

Hyoyeon's POV

 

"My baby?" I instantly smiled to myself. "M-Mark? Mark!" I tried to yell happily. "I missed your sweet voice, Hyoyeon. Are you alright my princess? Please tell me you're ok! Minji told me what happened." I held my ribs and tried not to moan from the pain. "I'm fine,Mark... I'm fine don't worry" I said smiling.

"I wish i was there... I wish I could save you, Hyo. Only if I were there, if only I could hold you in my arms!" My eyes were getting wet. "It's ok sweetheart. One day you'll be, you promised right?" "Right. I love you Hyoyeon." I smiled while crying silently. "I love you too." I mumbled.

"I have to hang up.. I'll call you as soon as possible, I promise you." "Okay.. Oh, and say happy birthday to Bambam from me." He chuckled. "I will baby, I will"  He hang up and I slowly put the phone down. Kai looked at Minji confused. "He's her boyfriend. HE's at ...Korea" She explained and Kai gulped."I-I should go.." He mumbled and stood up, moving towards the door.

'I want to see you Mark.'