Heart Beats

I Never Meant It

“I’m sorry Mr. Jung .This was all my fault.” Ji Won said crying. “It’s ok. It’s not your fault. But your boyfriend was really mad at you. Will you be alright?” asked Yong Hwa. “Your girl friend was hurt too. You should go and see her.” Said Ji Won. “Krystal isn’t my girl friend. She was hurt because she likes me” said Yong Hwa. “Then who do you like?” asked Ji Won hoping he’ll say her name. “I.. I like Eun Hye” said Yong Hwa looking down. “Eun Hye unnie?” Ji Won was shoked. She got up “Then… I won’t bother you again Mr. Jung” she said controlling her anger and went away.

Meanwhile Hyun Joong covered Eun Hye’s eyes byhis palm behind her and led her somewhere. “Hyun Joong shi what Is it” asked Eun Hye “you’ll see” said Hyun Joong. Then he uncovered her eyes. “wahhhhhh” Eun Hye shouted happily. It was the most beautiful place she had ever visited in her life. They were up in a small mountain She saw the city lights underneath. She felt like she was above the night sky. “You like the view?” asked Hyun Joong behind her back. “Yes, I like it very much Hyun Joongshi” said Eun Hye.  He came more closer to her.  Eun Hye heard her hart beat rising. “Brace yourself Eun Hye” she thought. Are you cold?” Hyun Joong asked removing his blazer. He put his blazer around her. Then he came and stood beside her. Eun Hye looked at him. He was looking at the view. “I used to come here with my br…” he paused and said “with my friend when I was little. You are the 1st one I brought here” He said smiling. Eun Hye was mesmerized by his smile. In her mind, she reached her hand to his lips and touched them. “ Hyun Joong saw Eun Hye looking at him her face glowed in the light. Hair loops flied around her face in th cool wind. “Eun Hyeshi”  he came and stood in front of her smiling warmly. City lights behind him “even if I gather every city light, It won’t be able to beat the shine of this smile” Eun Hye thought . He came closer to her. “Eun Hyeshi..” rain drops cut his words suddenly. It began to rain harder. There was nothing but a tree quite far away, for them to get covered. Hyun Joong grabbed Eun Hye’s hand and ran towards the tree.

Hongki searched for Krystal and she was no where to be seen. He walked along the road to Krystal’s house. He saw Krystal sitting on the bench where she usually spends her sad hours. “Are you crying?” asked Hongki. Krystal kept her head down. Hongki saw teardrops falling down to her dress. He removed his blazer and put it around her. He sat beside her. Krystal’s hair do was a mess. Hair pins hanged around her face. He reached his hands to her hair and removed all the hair pins. “You’ll get hurt if I let them hang around your face” said Hongki seeing Krystal’s surprised face looking at him. Her make up was ruined too. Mascara was all over the face. “You look like a zombie” said Hongki laughing. “You are not hurt? You laugh like that?” asked Krystal. “I am. I’m hurt feels like stabbing with 100 knives.”  He said while smiling. In that smile and in his eyes Krystal saw an unbearable sorrow. She felt sorry. She kept her hand on his hands. He smiled seeing that. He took a handkerchief from his pocket and rubbed away the mascara away from her face. She was startled. “Lets go” he said grabbing her hand. She stood up and followed him. Suddenly she stopped and sat on the road. “What now? Crying again?” asked Hongki kneeling in front of her. She was touching her feet. Hongki saw her feet cut by her heels. He turned back at her. “Get on” he said. “No no I’ll walk” Krystal stood up. Hongki removed his shoes. “Put these on” he said. “But..” Krystal said. “I said to put these on” Hongki yelled. Krystal got shocked and kept standing dumb founded. Hongki knelt before her. Removed her heels and  put his shoes on her.  He stood up Krystal’s heels on his hand. “Kaja” he said while walking in socks. Krystal followed him. Hongki smiled hearing the flip flop sound behind him.

They came to Krystal’s house. Krystal bowed Hongki and hurried in to the house. She leaned her back on the door kept her hand on her chest and sighed. “What has happened to me?” she asked Her self. Her heart beat crazily when she had the flashbacks of Hongki putting his blazer around her,removing her hair pins, rubbing off her mascara, Removing her shoes and putting his on her feet. Meanwhile Hongki outside her house said to him self “she didn’t even said thank you”. He put her heels in front of the door and left in socks feet. “Aish she didn’t returned my shoes even” Hongki said. Krystal came back to her senses when she heard raining. She remembered that his shoes and blazer was with her. “arrrghhh” Hongki shouted, soaking in rain. Hongki heard some one yelling his name “Hongkishi…… Hongkishi….” He turned around and saw Krystal running towards him in a wired way with an umbrella. “Hongkishi don’t get wet.” She said holding the umbrella covering him. Their eyes met they kept looking at each others eyes. “Hongkishi, here” she gave him his blazer and shoes.  He smiled and put his shoes. Krystal handed him the umbrella and walked away in difficulty with another umbrella. Hongki kept looking at her smiling. “She turned back and said smiling “Gumawo Hongkishi” . She went away.