Chapter 9

The Neopular Couple

Min's POV

Son Jaehyung.

The guy i loved but left me broken and alone. The guy who became the reason why me and Soojin fought and broke apart. The reason i lost my courage in falling in love again. But i have to admit that in the deepest part of my heart, i still love him. I wanted to get away from him because i wanted to move on. Now he shows up. I haven't even fully recovered from that horrible heart break. 

"Why are you here?"

"I just wanted to talk to you."

"There's nothing left for you to say. Leave."

"No, Min. Please. Give me a chance to explain."

"I'll leave you two alone." Mom said and left.

"What is it?" I asked in a completely irritated tone.

"Min, i know i have hurt you, indescribably. I just want you to know, i still love you."

"Seriously, Jae? What the heck is wrong with you? Did you really expect me to just forgive you like that? Did you expect me to just accept you again that easily?"

"But Min-"

"Jae, just leave. I can never label you as a guy i love ever again. Remember that."

"Min."

"Jae, please. No matter what happens, nothing will change."

"Min, have you forgotten our promise when we were young?"

 

Flashback..

"Jae Jae, let's go."

"Where?"

"The place where we always play."

We went to the school's sanctuary and rushed to the abandoned semi-circle table in one corner. We sat on the broken office chair and spun around. We took turns, enjoying every moment we spun around. But there was a moment we spun together. My right hand was placed on the right handle while his left hand on the left handle.

We spun around once more but this time he placed his right hand on top of mine.

We got up then he called me.

"Min."

"Yes?"

"Promise we'll never leave each other's side and be the best of friends forever?"

"I promise."

End of flashback...

"No. Of course i still remember."

"Then why do you want me to leave?"

I let out an annoyed chuckled and replied.

"Oh my god, Jae. You come to my house and bother me and you tell me it's my fault we broke apart? I can't believe you. Think of it Jae. Do you really think we would drift apart if you didn't trick me and break my heart? How dare you Jae?

"You know i only did that because of Soojin. She threatened me. She told me she'd hurt you if i don't say i hated you and that i lied when i said i loved you. Min, please give me another chance."

"Still, why'd you do it? You know that we could still defeat her together. That just simply meant you didn't love me enough to even fight back. We're stronger than her and i know you knew that. Can you just leave? Leave before i call the cops."

"Fine then. But remember, i'll still find a way to get you back. Just wait." He said in a very serious and creepy tone.

Then he left. When he said that, i felt chills run down my spine. Is he serious? Why am i getting a bad feeling about this? I went to my room and laid on my bed, that's when tears started to fall. Why did my life have to so different from the others? So complicated. 

I sat up and thought of the conversation earlier. Jae, i do want you back but you should know it's not that easy. I still love you but it's just not the same anymore. And there are two reasons for that. First, i still find that day very traumatizing. The day i realized you lied to me and left me alone. As is said, it's just not the same. Second, i'm already falling for someone else.

"Mark Tuan." I whispered before drifting off to sleep.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short chappie for now. Though i do hope you enjoyed it. I'll update maybe tomorrow. Please leave your comments. I need it! And a massive thank youfor reading, subscribing and upvoting. I really, very much appreciate it.