Chapter 11

The Neopular Couple

Min’s POV

I woke up early in the morning and got ready for school as fast as possible. I ate my breakfast and headed out. While I was walking, I glanced at the person who was rushing to me.

“Min, wait for me!” He shouted.

“Okay, okay.”

“So, what brings you here outside still early in the morning, all alone?”

“I just wanted to get to school as soon as possible. You?”

“I have some unfinished homework.”

“Seriously? That’s it?”

“What? I need help with it. It’s not like your reason is any better. What’s your specific reason anyway?”

“Nothing.”

“See?”

“Shut up, JB.”

After a few more minutes of joking around, we finally reached our destination.

“See you later, Min.”

“Bye.”

Then I headed for my first class. I went inside, only seeing a few faces. I searched for Mark’s but it was nowhere to be found. Hm, he must be running late, I guess. A few minutes have passed but there were still no signs of him. He’s absent then? Ms. Cha walked in with a new student. An unfamiliar face to others. A very familiar one to me.

“Good morning class. As you can see, we have a new student.” She faced him and continued.

“Please introduce yourself.”

“Hi. I’m Son Jaehyung. It’s nice to meet you all.”

I guess he was serious after all. He saw me then smirked.

“Okay, please take a seat next to miss Park for the mean time. She’s over there.” Ms. Cha said and pointed at my direction. He walked up to his seat and smiled at me. I sighed and doodled on my notebook.

“Hi.”

“Shut up.” I uttered, not taking my eyes off of my notebook.

“There’s no need to be rude. Especially to your new seatmate.  Sheesh.”

“Didn’t you hear the words ‘for the mean time’? Plus, someone’s already seated there.”

“But I’m the one sitting here at the moment so technically that makes me your seatmate.”

I ignored him and started listening to Ms. Cha and took some notes. After an hour or so, the bell rang, signaling it was time for second period. Finally, I won’t be bothered by this guy beside me anymore. I packed my things up and headed for music class. The class I had with Youngjae and JB. I was greeted by two voices singing melodiously when I got inside the room. Shocked to see who those beautiful voices belonged to, I greeted Youngjae and JB and received greetings as well.

“First ones in the room, I see. Good morning.”

“Min. Hi.”

“Good morning, Min.”

We conversed with each other until Mr. Im showed up.

“Okay class, today I’m going to give you an activity. Form one big circle. Today, you’re going to play a game called ‘Concentration’. Who among you knows that game?”

A few raised their hands.

“Jinah, please explain the rules.”

“Okay. First of all, the key to this game is focus and alertness. Each one of us will be given a number. If your number is called, then it’s your turn. Practice your clapping rhythm, which should follow this sequence. Slap your knees with both hands. Clap your hands together. Snap your fingers, first one hand and then the other. “

“I don’t get it.” One of my classmates commented.

“Jinah, Joon and Jei please demonstrate.”

The 3 formed a circle then played. First, they sang a song and did the hand gestures continuously.

“ One, three.”

“Three, two.”

“Two, three.”

“That’s how it goes. Just remember, if you failed to take your turn when your number is called, there will be a punishment. Right, Sir?”

“Yes. Curious about the punishment? I’ll tell you now then. Once you fail, you go into the center and you have to sing. Oh and to make it harder, you can’t repeat the same number twice.”

Then whispers, gasps and groans were heard.

“Okay, let’s start. I’ll tell you your numbers now.”

After knowing what our numbers were, we started. JB was number 12, I was number 13 and Youngjae was 14. Then it started.

“One, seven.”

“Seven, twenty four.”

“Twenty four, fourteen.”

“Fourteen, thirteen.”

“Thirteen, twelve.”

“Twelve, twenty.”

And it went on and on. Of course there were some that got ‘punished’ though. One of them was Youngjae. He called my number again. When he found out what he had done, me and JB snickered, earning a playful glare from him. This is actually fun. Then music class ended.

 

Jaehyung’s POV

When the bell rang, Min quickly got up, fixed her things and went out. I looked at her desk and saw an opened notebook. It was the notebook she doodled in just a while ago. I flipped the pages until I reached the last one. A name was doodled.

“Mark? Who the heck is Mark?”

I closed the notebook and put it in my bag.

“I’ll give it to her later.”

 

Mark’s POV

I woke up, hearing my alarm go off. Why did it-? Go off? I don’t set my alarm on weekends. It took me quite a while before I realized what day it was.

“Shoot, I forgot it’s Monday today!”

I quickly took a shower and got dressed in my uniform. But wait, we have plans today. I let out an irritated sigh and went to my mom.

“Mom, I forgot I have school today. Do I still need to come?”

“Yes. I called your principal already and she said it’s fine. She’ll inform your teachers.”

“But..It’s school. I’ll miss a lot of things.”

“It’s okay, honey. You’re smart. You could just go to the library and study it or something, okay? Today is family day. Now, go get dressed.”

I sighed and went back up. I won’t get oreos today.

 

Min’s POV

Lunch time….

I walked to the cafeteria and got my food. I sat with them again, not really caring if others would dislike me for it.

“By the way, are you all really nerds?”

“Nope. Jackson isn’t. Though he became a part of this group for some unknown reason.”

“Why? How?”

“I’m neither a nerd nor a popular but I think they’re cool. We have a lot in common. We all sing, rap and dance. We all have the same dream, to be a famous idol.”

I nearly choked when I heard that.

“Wait?? All of you can sing, dance and rap? I’m excluding Youngjae and JB. I heard them sing a while ago.”

“Yeah, all of us.”

“And you’re not a nerd?” I asked and pointed at Jackson.

“Nope.”

“I guess BamBam forgot about you that day. He said all of you were nerds.”

“He what?!” Jackson said and stood up, staring at BamBam.

“I’m sorry, hyung. I’m sorry.” He said in fear.

“I’m just kidding. It’s fine.”

“Seriously guys, you’re the greatest and coolest group of nerds I met. Excluding you Jackson, on the nerd part.”

“Thanks.” They chorused.

While we were all chatting, someone tapped my shoulder. The others looked at the person behind me confusedly. I looked back and saw Jaehyung.

“What are you doing here??” I asked with a hint of annoyance present in my tone.

“You left your notebook at the classroom.” He said while handing me a notebook.

“Oh. Thanks, I guess.” He grinned slightly and walked away.

“Who was that noona?” BamBam questioned.

“Just an old friend.” I answered and got a small pack of oreos in my bag.

“Hey, can I have some?” Jackson asked with not so pleading eyes.

“No. I only have one small pack.”

“No. I saw another one in your bag. Come on, share.”

“Um, that’s not for me. That for..a certain someone.”

“Who? Who? Who?” Jackson asked.

“Just someone. Now stop bothering me.”

I looked at JB and saw him smiling at me. Wow, is he that fast or am I too obvious?

“I think I know who..” He teasingly said.

“Don’t you dare.”

“It’s..”

“Stop it!”

“A person.”

-_-“

Seriously? What’s with this guy? Then all of a sudden, Mark popped in my mind. Where is he by the way? Did something happen? If he doesn’t show up tomorrow, he won’t get his oreos.  Because Jackson would’ve eaten it. He’s been trying to steal it secretly ever since he saw it.