Chapter 16

The Neopular Couple

Mark’s POV

Oh no. if Jackson finds out what just happened; I’ll be teased out of my mind. I ran as fast as I could to Min’s house while dialing her number.

 

“Hello?”

 

“MIN!” I yelled while running.

 

“Mark, are you running?”

 

“Yes! Yes I am! Wait for me by your porch and if ever someone texts you or calls you, don’t answer!”

 

“But-“

 

“See you in a few. Bye!” With those words, I ended the call.

 

After a few minutes, I spotted Min outside her house staring at me. I stopped in front of her, catching my breath.

 

“What happened to you? Why were you in a hurry?” She asked and looked at me weirdly.

 

“Jackson- did he- text or- call you?” I asked he as well instead of answering her question, panting.

 

“Not at the moment. Why?”

 

“He might ask about- about what happened- earlier. He saw us and- he’s curious as to what- happened. But whatever you do- don’t tell him.”

 

“He is going to tease me out of my mind, to the ends of the world, to my insanity, to death.”

 

“Wow exaggerated much Mark?” She chuckled.

 

“He is going to tease me like really though.”

 

“Don’t worry, I won’t tell him. But why would he tease you though?”

 

“He teases me every time I get involved in something with someone I li-“ My eyes widened as I cut myself off. Mark that almost slipped out of your mouth!

 

“Hm?”

 

“Uh- nothing. It’s nothing. Don’t even- don’t even think about it- uhm thank you Min and uh have a great day.” I said quickly and ran back to my house, not waiting for her chance to reply.

 

 

Min’s POV

 

I watched Mark run away with a confused expression on my face.

 

“What in the world has gotten into him?” I asked no one in particular and went back inside.

 

“Min, who was that guy you’re talking to outside?” Mom asked.

 

“He’s a classmate mom, no biggie.” I simply replied and headed towards my room.

 

I got my phone out of my pocket and saw an unread message.

 

“Jackson.” I said to myself as I saw his name appear on my phone’s screen.

 

“Hi little missy, I saw you go back to the park with little Marky a while ago. Did something happen that I should know about hm?”

 

“First of all, who are you calling ‘little’ huh? And second, he forgot about our bet that whoever gets a higher grade on our test will be treated ice cream and I reminded him so we went back. DO you have a problem with that Mr. Wang?”

 

“No I don’t. In fact, this is just proof that someone in our circle of friends is smarter than him. Haha! Poor dude’s going to get teased on Monday.” He replied after a few minutes.

 

“Whatever. See you on Monday! And don’t forget about the book report you have to finish. Haha! Good luck Wang. J”

 

“Shoot! I forgot. Thank for reminding me sweetie.”

 

Sweetie? What the freaking heck?

 

Just when I was about to reply, my phone vibrated.

 

“Jaehyung.” I muttered and read his text.

 

“ Hi. It’s me again. I’m sorry about my behavior a while ago. I don’t know what got the best of me. But can we please meet up again tomorrow near the ice cream stand? I really need to tell you something important.”

 

“K.” I simply replied, not wanting to go but is dying of curiosity on what he’d actually say.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Short chap for now. I'm back! Christmas break is coming so expect more ipdates to come. Do comment and upvote. :)

For iKon and Team B fans out there, I have a new story entitled Wrong Numbered Confession starring Jung Chanwoo and His Voice, The Reason Why I Fell For Him starring Kim Jinhwan. Do check it out if you can. TY!