Chapter 8

The Neopular Couple

Min’s POV

“Noona, do you like Mark hyung??” BamBam asked all of a sudden.

“Huh? What’s with the sudden question?”

“Nothing. Just curious. So?”

“As in like as a guy?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, I don’t know. Maybe. I mean he is cute and all but, I’m not sure.”

“Oh, okay.”

“Yep.”

“So, how’d you feel during the shooting?”

“Well, at first I was nervous because I have never done this before. But as time passed, I felt comfortable and I had loads of fun. By the way, can I ask something ?”

“Sure, noona. Go ahead.”

“Well, I was just wondering, if Mark is a nerd would that make the rest of you nerds as well?”

“Yup.”

“Oh, wow. Really? You know, you all don’t even look like nerds. No offense to the other nerds in school but, you guys know how to dress nicely and you all are handsome.”

“Hehe. Really? Wow. It’s the first time a popular complimented us. Thanks, noona. You really are not like the other populars.”

“Well, yeah. I have a reason for that.”

“Huh? What?”

“Well you see, I actually consider myself a bit of a nerd.”

“Wha???”

“Yeah. I read lots of books. I also love learning. Before, during grade school, I actually ranked 2nd in our class.”

“Wow. So you are smart. How come you don’t show it?”

“Well you see, my deepest fear is rejection. Period.”

“Oh. Noona, there’s no need to fear. If your friends ever reject you just because you’re smart, never mind them. You could just run to us. You’ll always be welcomed in our group. Actually, I don’t know if anyone would ever reject you. I mean you’re pretty, you’re smart, talented and you’re extremely nice.”

Ugh, I feel like crying. No Min, don’t show you’re sensitive side right now.

“Thank you, BamBam. No one ever said that to me before. But my problem is, what if I’m not capable of being strong during the time my friends might reject me. Everyone would think I’m weak. Then I’ll go back to the bottom again.”

“Don’t worry noona. We’ll be with you every step of the way. Just be as strong as you could, then when it’s over you could just let it all out, we’ll be here for you, okay?”

No tears, please don’t. Too late.

 

BamBam’s POV

When I looked at Min, I knew she was close to tears. I stopped my tracks and hugged her, then I heard her crying. She backed away quickly then wiped her tears.

“BamBam, I’m sorry. I got your shirt wet. Ugh, I look like a drama queen now.”

“No no, it’s okay. You’ve been keeping this inside haven’t you?”

“Mhm. How’d you know?”

“The longer you keep your problem inside, the harder it would be for you to handle it when you finally ‘spill the beans. How come you never told anybody?”

“I don’t know. Maybe it is because I’m afraid they’ll just leave me there, alone.”

Then we reached her house. I looked at her and she was hesitating to go in.

“Go on. It’s okay.”

“But if my parents see me like this, they’ll ask.”

“Don’t worry. You’ll be fine.”

“Okay, thank you. Bye. See you soon.”

While I was heading to my house, the only thing, well more like the only person, running in my mind is Min. I’ve never expected that kind of experience from a girl who always has a smile plastered on her face. I mean, come on. How could someone hide everything in so well? Even I couldn’t. I guess she’s been through a lot, on her own. Do her friends know? If not, then I, no we should step in and be there for her. I guess I have to tell the others about this.

When I got home, I immediately went to my room and texted one of my hyungs.

“Hyung, can I talk to you? ”

“Sure, something wrong?”

“Well, kind of. It’s about noona.”

“Why? Did spmething happen?”

“Well, not really. You see, she opened up to me.”

“Really? About what? What did she say?”

“Well, to cut the story short, noona’s kind of a nerd as well. She hides it because she fears rejection. Then all of a sudden, she cried. So I guessed she kept it in all this time. I just feel bad and I’m worried. What if she keeps her feelings hidden forever? Wouldn’t that be hard for her? I just want her to really open up to all of us but I don’t know how. I just want to protect her.”

“I not sure yet, BamBam. I guess we have to wait. Time will tell. Let’s just be patient. Don’t tell the others yet, okay? Let’s handle it together first.”

Noona, please don’t hide your true feelings from us.

 

Min’s POV

When I went inside, fortunately my parents were in their room. I went inside mine then I felt my phone vibrate.

“Hi, noona! Just wanted to say good night. And I hope you open up to us more. Speak up okay? We’ll always listen to you. And I know, none of us will ever reject you. Mentally note that. Did you mentally note that? Hopefully. Sweet dreams, noona! –BamBam”

“Thank, BamBam. I did. Good night as well.”

When I placed my phone on the bed, I heard my mom.

“Min! Someone’s here to see you!”

“Ugh, coming.”

I went down and looked at the person. Oh no. God, please no.

“Min.”

It’s not possible. It can’t possibly be him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, I know it’s quite boring and all but please bear with me. I’m quite busy. And please please please comment. I need feedbacks so much! By the way, thank you to the people who subscribed and upvoted!!! I luv ya so much!!