Chapter 12

The Neopular Couple

Mark’s POV

What happened yesterday? You may ask. Well, let’s just say it was one of the most tiring days of my life. We did nothing but stroll around and take pictures and eat. Though, I had a great time because I was with my family.

“Mark! Wake up or else you’re going to be late!” I heard my mom scream.

“Wha-? But I didn’t even hear my alarm yet.” I said, particularly to no one. I looked at my phone with a confused face and opened it.

“7:30?!”

I ran around my room in complete panic and got my uniform. I got ready, headed downstairs and went on my way. When I entered the school grounds, I ran as fast as I could, not caring if I would collapse any second. When I entered the hallway, I bumped into someone.

“I’m sorry.” I apologized.  The person’s things fell down and we bent down, in sync, to get it.

“It’s okay. Thanks for helping me.” A feminine voice uttered.

“You’re welcome.” I replied and quickly got up then headed my way to my first class.

“Uhm-“

Before she could even finish her sentence, I was nowhere in sight. I looked at my watch and sighed. Well, Mark you’re officially late.

I panted as I faced the door of my first class. I knocked softly, opened the door and bowed.

“Mr. Tuan, you’re late.”

“I’m sorry Miss Kang.”

I went to my seat and was greeted by Yugyeom.

“Hyung, why were you absent yesterday and why are you late?”

I looked at Min, she was staring at me.

“Uh, I’ll explain later.”

While I was listening to Miss Kang’s lection, the girl I bumped into a while ago suddenly popped in my head. I didn’t have enough time to fully examine her features back then but I know she has black hair. Length? Not too long, not too short, probably up until her shoulders. Why isn’t she in her class? Is she lost or something? I woke up from my trance when Miss Kang called me.

“Mr. Tuan.”

“Uh, yes?”

“I said take down notes a while ago. Why are you just staring at your notebook?” She said, slightly irritated I guess.

“Hm? Oh. Sorry Miss Kang.”

 

Min’s POV

I noticed that Mark was not completely focused today. He kept spacing out and it got me curious, what has gotten in to him? What was he thinking about?

When he was called by Miss Kang the second time, I looked at Yugyeom and he looked at me as well. It seemed like he understood me and  just shrugged.

Lunch time…

“Min, come sit at our table today.” said Hana.

“Oh. Um, sorry I can’t. I’m..busy.” I replied and walked away in a fast pace, though it’s not considered as running.

When I walked away, I heard some whispers.

“She’s probably going to sit with those nerds again.”

“I know, right? If she keeps on doing that, she will lose all her popularity.”

“And our friendship.”

Wow. For a moment there I thought they were going to understand me. I guess I stand corrected. My vision started to blur so I fastened up my pace and went to the bathroom.

“Ugh, Min why are you so sensitive?” I whispered to myself and wiped the tears forming in my eyes. I washed my face and calmed myself down.

“Okay, let’s go. Everything’s going to be fine.” I assured myself and went out.

I entered the cafeteria and saw seven faces smiling at me. I grinned as they motioned me to come. I sat beside JB and Mark and was greeted by the maknaes.

“Noona!” They chorused.

“What?” I asked in a cheerful tone.

“Hi!” They replied in a much more cheerful way.

These boys just really make my day. Then JB whispered to me.

“Oreos.”

“Shut up.”

Then I heard the boys “arguing”.

“Seriously? You two are so bipolar. How come you’re like that when it comes to her then when it comes to us, you completely change?” Jackson questioned.

“Why? We like being noona. And we don’t change completely.” BamBam answered.

“Yeah. She’s fun to be with.” Yugyeom followed.

“Ah. So what are you two trying to say here?” JB butted in.

“Um- It’s- Just- Ugh, nevermind.” BamBam sighed in defeat.

While they were “arguing” I tapped Mark’s arm and handed something to him under the table.

“I promised.” I whispered so only he could hear.

He smiled and took it.

“By the way, why were you spacing out a while ago?”

“Hm? It’s nothing.”

“Come on. Spill.”

“Well, I don’t know why actually. This morning, I bumped into someone in the halls then I just lost my focus, I guess.”

“Girl or boy?”

“Girl.”

“Ooh.. You like her don’t you?” I teased.

“Tss. No I don’t. I didn’t even see her face much.”

“Whatever.”

Then I started talking with Youngjae.

 

 

Mark’s POV

“Ooh.. You like her don’t you?” She teased.

“Tss. No I don’t. I didn’t even see her face much.”

“Whatever.”

Then she started talking with Youngjae.

“You’re the one I like.” I mumbled.

While I was eating, something caught my attention. There’s a bright, purple notebook beside Min.  Ugh, can’t resist the urge to open. I got the notebook and opened it. Yeah, I know it’s wrong but curiosity just got the best of me. It was full of notes from Math class. I flipped through more pages and saw pictures.

BTS’ V.

I flipped through more pages until I reached the last page. There was a doodled name on it. I examined it more and to my shock, I saw my name. I placed the notebook back with wide eyes and started eating again. After a few minutes, she must’ve notice me becoming quiet all of a sudden and started to converse again.

“Hey, you’ve become quiet all of a sudden. Why?”

“Hm? Oh, it’s nothing.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah. By the way, you like BTS’ V?”

“Oh my Gosh, how’d you know that?”

Then I pointed at her notebook.

“You opened it??” She asked in a not-so-loud tone.

“Curiosity got the best of me. Sorry.”

“What the heck? Mark.” She replied and smacked the notebook on my arm.

“Hey. Okay. Ouch. I said sorry.”

“V’s one of my ultimate biases, okay? You got a problem with that?”

“No, no I don’t. I was just asking. Sheesh.”

“Why do you like him?” JB, once again, butted in.

“Well first of all, he’s very talented. His voice is beautiful and he also dances well even though he’s not the best. He’s very cute and very funny. Let’s just say he’s full of charms.”

“Okay.” JB said and started to eat again.

“Why’d you ask?”

“Just curious.”

Then he looked at me. Did he like do this so I would know? I woke up from my trance when Jackson shouted.

“Hey! You didn’t give me oreos again.”

“You didn’t ask me to.”

“Did ‘me trying to secretly steal it yesterday’ not give you a clue?” Then he slightly pouted.

“Disgusting. Stop trying to act cute especially when the maknaes are surrounding you.” She commented. Then the maknaes smiled at him.

“Burn.”  Jr. commented.

The bell rang then we all headed for our class.

 

Min’s POV

Next day..

I woke up a bit early today and got ready for school. I got there 15 minutes early so I just listened to music. When I saw that the number of students in the room was increasing, I plugged my earphones out and looked outside the window. Then I heard some people talking.

“Hey, I heard that there’s a new transfer student.”

“The rumors I heard were true then? Wow. I heard it’s going to be a girl.”

“I bet she’s pretty.”

“Yeah. Me too.”

Then the door opened making everyone rush to their seats. Our homeroom teacher, also known as Miss Kang, stood in front with a girl and she seemed familiar to me. She had black hair that flows up to her shoulders, sparkling, big, brown eyes, plump lips and an innocent smile.

She bowed down then introduced herself.

“Hello everyone! I’m Kim Minyeong, a transfer student from Seoul Arts.” Then she looked at me and smiled once more.

“Kim Minyeong?” I mumbled

Could it possibly be her? Minnie, is that really you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~