Chapter 20

The Neopular Couple

Min's POV

 

Jr. held my arm while the nurse was treating it. Giving it a squeeze, he stared at me, concern filling his eyes as they bore into mine.

 

"Are you okay?" He asked.

 

"The pain would probably disappear in a minute or so." I answered as we walked out of the room, completely clueless of what his question really meant.

 

"No, I mean in the emotional aspect. Are you okay?" He spoke, both hands holding onto my shoulders.

 

"What do you think?" I answered, leaning my head onto his left shoulder, feeling comforted when his right hand found its way to the back of my head, it gently.

 

"Well whatever happens, I'm-"

 

"Min!" A familiar voice echoed through the hall and it was none other than the red head Mark himself.

 

"Can I speak with you? Please?" He pleaded as his brown orbs stared into mine.

 

"Uh sure. But not here." I replied, pulling him to a different direction.

 

"I'll see you later Jinyoung! Thanks!" I yelled across the hall before climbing up the flight of stairs that led to the rooftop.

 

"So, what's up?" I asked, heavily breathing when we reached the top.

 

"I'm sorry." He spoke, gaze falling on the concrete floor.

 

"Hm? For what?" I asked, confused why he was suddenly apologizing.

 

"I disappointed you with my behavior a while ago, didn't I?"

 

"What? Who told you that? Jaehyung?"

 

"No." He answered.

 

"Then who?" I asked again.

 

"Me." Mark mumbled, eyes still glued to his feet.

 

"I'm not disappointed Mark." I uttered with smile forming on my lips.

 

"Huh? But you got hurt because of me." He finally looked at me then at my bandaged arm, a small sigh escaping his lips.

 

"I'm not and wasn't disappointed with you. In fact, I was actually proud. And you did not hurt me. Technically, it wasn't you. And you did not intend to, right?" I said, the smile not once leaving my face. He stared at me like a lost puppy before nodding lightly.

 

"I was happy that you actually stood up for me in a way. Without anyone telling you at least. It was very... Gentleman - like and I appreciate that." I explained.

 

"Oh I thought- geez I-I don't know what to say." He stuttered, rubbing his nape shyly. I chuckled at his reaction and hugged him, leaving him frozen on the spot, clearly not used to contact still.

 

"Thank you." I mumbled through his chest.

 

"It was my honor." He responded.

 

"Hey stop that. It sounds too princess - like." I childishly complained earning a small chuckle from the boy.

 

"Princess - like. At least it fits you." He mumbled but I managed to understand every word.

 

"I'm not a princess, not even close for your information."

 

"Yes you are." He answered.

 

"Then what does that make you?" I stared at him. My question catching him off guard. He fell silent.

 

"That makes you my prince." I said in a hurry and left a peck on his cheek before running down the stairs, hearing the bell ringing in the process.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm baaaaaaaaaccckkkkkk!! After a year of stress and all, summer break has finally started so that means I can be more active. :) I promise to do my best to update as much as possible since I do miss writing.

But for now, I'll leave you with a fluffy chapter. Do comment and let me know how long you've waited for this. Haha kidding but I do wanna hear from my lovely readers. :)