Chapter 15

The Neopular Couple

Mark's POV

 

"I'm Mark. Min's boyfriend." 

 

I can't believe it. I never thought I would ever say that, not even once in my entire life. I'm Park Minkyung's "boyfriend". God am I dreaming? Yeah I know it's just acting but come on people, this is Park Minkyung we're talking about.

 

"B-boyfriend? You're Min's boy- Min you have a boyfriend?" He asked then looked at Min.

 

"Yeah." We said in unison.

 

"Oh wow. Really? Since when?" He spoke up after a few seconds of being silent.

 

"For about 3 months already. Right Min?" I answered and looked at Min while smiling.

 

"Yes. Everything started in the school's library when I needed to study for Chemistry. He tutored me." She smiled back and held my hand.

 

"Oh.. Good for you. I-I still have no luck when it comes to love." He said shyly and awkwardly rubbed his nape.

 

 

Min's POV

 

Mark I owe you a big one. He acts so natural.

 

"Oh.. Good for you. I-I still have no luck when it comes to love."

 

When he said that, I felt a pang of guilt and pity come. Really? This handsome guy in front of me never had a girlfriend?

 

"Really? Well that's..... unexpected." 

 

"Really? How is it unexpected?" He asked as we 3 strolled around the park.

 

"Well.. I don't know. Most girls usually go for jocks."

 

"Yes they do." Mark uttered.

 

"Hey looks like someone's jelly." I .

 

"Huh? What? How? I was just agreeing because it's true based on what I clearly see."

 

"But I don't go for jocks... now." I whispered.

 

"What?" The two guys beside me asked in unison.

 

"Nothing. I said nothing. Now let's find something decent for lunch. I'm starving." I said to avoid the awkwardness forming.

 

We searched for a decent place for lunch near the park and found one that sells bibimbap. 

 

"Ahjumma three orders please." I said.

 

"I'll pay for you." Mark told me.

 

"No I'll pay for her. I promised." 

 

"But I'm her boyfriend. I'll pay for her." He insisted.

 

"No. Let me pay for her."

 

"No. Let me."

 

"Guys stop it. Why don't you pay for half and let Mark pay for the other half?" I suggested.

 

"Fine." They chorused.

 

We got our servings and sat on one table. I sat in between the two grumpy faced guys.

 

"Hey get rid of that look. You look adorably scary with that expression on." I chuckled at my comment to my "boyfriend".

 

He looked at me and tried to maintain that look but failed when he saw me smile widely at him.

 

"Now you get rid of that look. You look too adorable." He giggled.

 

"Nope. I don't want to." I said and shook my head cutely.

 

"Aigoo.. such a baby."

 

"Hey. I'm no baby."

 

"Yes you are."

 

"No I'm not."

 

"Yes you are."

 

"No I'm-"

 

"Ahem." Jaehyung coughed.

 

"Are you done?" He asked with a hint of annoyance in his tone.

 

We kept quiet but kept nudging each other.

 

"I'm sorry to ruin your moment but I have to go. Ugh." He uttered and walked away.

 

"What wrong with him?" I asked.

 

"Hey thanks for coming. I owe you big time." I said after shrugging.

 

"Hey no biggie. That's what friends do right? Be there for each other?"

 

"Yeah. No why don't we get some ice cream before we leave?"

 

"Game. Let's go." He cheered. We walked to the ice cream stand near the entrance hand in hand.

 

 

Jaehyung's POV

 

I didn't like this Mark dude. I don't know why but I disliked him the moment I saw him. 

 

"I'm sorry to ruin your moment but I have to go. Ugh." I said and walked out.

 

I can't stand them being all sweet and couple-like all of a sudden. I feel like cutting that Mark's head off any moment if I stayed longer. Violent much? Yeah I know. I apologize for my violent side. I sat on the bench near a tree beside the entrance. I just tried to get my mind straight but then I heard Min's voice from behind. I looked back and saw her hand in hand with him near the ice cream stand and for some reason I felt something weird inside. Something kind of hard to explain. I felt pain. I felt....

 

Jealousy? No. Impossible.

 

I got up and walked home, regretting the moment I asked Min out for a talk.

 

 

Mark's POV

 

After getting our ice creams, I volunteered to bring her home. While we were walking, I started a conversation.

 

"So why did you call me in the first place and not someone else? Or did someone already decline before you called me?"

 

"U-uh well I-I don't know actually. I guess I felt the most comfortable with you and you were the one in my mind at the moment." She mumbled the last 11 words but I heard it.

 

She was thinking of me? She's comfortable with me? This is the best day of my life!

 

"Oh.. really? You're already comfortable with me already?" I tried to ask as calm as I could.

 

"Yeah. It's quite weird actually. I felt like I could easily connect with you and trust you."

 

"Wow it's an honor then."

 

"No it's not. I'm not a princess or anything. But I am glad I'm partnered up with you and not someone else." She smiled.

 

She's glad she's been partnered up with me. And she opened up, kind of. Could she possibly have feelings for me? No. That's impossible Mark. When we got to her porch, she faced me and smiled.

 

"Thanks for today again. Have a safe trip home." She said and hugged me. I stayed frozen for a while but hugged her back.

 

"Bye!" She waved and went inside.

 

"Wait! I just realized.. why a boyfriend and not a best friend or something?"

 

"Uhm.. I don't know. I guess I panicked too much and that's the only thing that popped in my mind. Don't ask! Bye!" Then she closed the door.

 

 

She's so cute. I chuckled reminiscing her reaction a while ago and went down the short staircase. She hugged me. Park Minkyung actually hugged a person like me. This is indeed the best day ever. I walked home happily but heard a faint voice somewhere.

 

"Back off. She's mine." 

 

I looked around but saw no one. Weird. I turned around and started walking home again.

 

"Hello?" I answered my phone when I felt it vibrate.

 

"Hey dude why did you go back to the park a while ago?" Jackson questioned.

 

"No reason. And how in the world did you know?"

 

"Oh I saw you come out of your house so I followed you. But I left after seeing you wait near the entrance. So tell me!"

 

"It's nothing."

 

"Oh really? I'll ask Min then. I saw her too." 

 

"Wai-" I heard him chuckle in an evil manner and ended the call before I could even say a word.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ooh what will Jackson ask Min? What will Min tell Jackson?

I'm goin to update maybe by the end of the week. I'm kind of busy with school works at the moment. It .