Chapter 14

The Neopular Couple

Mark's POV

 

 

As I was walking down the street, I decided to text Min. 

 

"Hi. :) You looked pretty a while ago."

 

I read the message again and shook my head. What in the world are you trying to do or say here Mark?

 

"No. Not that." I mumbled and erased what I texted.

 

"Hi. You were great a while ago. :)" 

 

I read it again and nodded in approval. "Yeah that's better."

 

"What's better hyung?" BamBam asked out of nowhere.

 

"Uh it's nothing." I replied.

 

"Oh really? Are you sure?" He asked with an 'You better be telling the truth or else' expression.

 

"Yes I'm not lying. I promise."

 

"Hm okay then." He said and gave me an 'I'm watching you' expression while grinning slightly as if he knew what I did and that I lied.

 

After a few minutes, I felt my phone vibrate.

 

"Hello. Thanks. You too. :)" Min replied making me grin automatically.

 

"I knew it." BamBam whispered making me flinch slightly.

 

"Gosh you scared me." 

 

"You could've just told me the truth hyung." He uttered and walk away from me to Yugyeom.

 

"Thanks. By the way, why was Minyeong with us a while ago? I didn't know you two were close." I texted back.

 

"Oh we aren't. We just coincidentally bumped into each other a while ago then Jr. called so I asked her if she wanted to come. I didn't want to be rude and just leave her there so yeah." She replied after a few seconds.

 

"Oh that's why. So did she tell you something about the shooting and stuff?"

 

"Actually yes. She said liked it and that she can't get over her feels for us. She randomly ships the two of us together. Kind of weird and awkward right? Haha." I chuckled slightly when I read her text making everyone look at me. They awkwardly stared at me as if I was crazy for a few seconds and started walking again.

 

"Yeah it kind of is. Haha really?"

 

"Yeah. She kept saying things about us. Things like fate and destiny and stuff. I didn't know how to react. xD"

 

"Well that is kind of weird and all of a sudden. Get home safe and see you on Monday."

 

"Bring some oreos for me okay? Tell the others I said hi and be safe when they go home. Bye! Be safe as well." I smiled told the others what she wanted you say. 

 

"Hey guys Min said hi and be safe when you go home."

 

They turned to look at me and then exchanged looks.

 

"You and Min were texting?" Jackson asked with an 'Unbelievable. For real? I'm so happy for you.' look on his face.

 

"Yeah I was. Oh wait. No I- it was uhm." I replied without thinking twice and tried to get it back but they started teasing me already.

 

"Oh.. Yie Mark~"

 

"Mark is texting crush~"

 

"Mark and Minkyung sitting on a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G."

 

Great. Just great.

 

When I got home, I felt my phone vibrate again but this time it was a call from Min.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Mark I need a huge favor from you." She sounded like she was panicking a bit and I got curious why.

 

"What? Why? What is it?"

 

 

Min's POV

 

 

When I got home, I was greeted by my mom and a certain someone I didn't want and expect to see.

 

"Mom what is that guy doing here?" I asked her in an annoyed tone and pointed at Jaehyung.

 

"Oh sweetie you're here. Jaehyung came and asked if he could talk to you but you were out so I told him to wait. Go ahead." My mom answered and motioned him to go ahead and talk to me.

 

"Min uhm can we talk? You know catch up with our lives and stuff. I'll treat you lunch." He got up from the couch and talked to me.

 

"Sure. Just wait for a moment." I replied and went to my room. I had to agree because of my mom okay?

 

I sat on my bed and got my phone out of my pocket. I searched for Mark's number and called him.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Mark I need a huge favor from you." I said in english.

 

"What? Why? What is it?"

 

"Please come to the park again."

 

"What? Why?" 

 

"I need you to act like my boyfriend." Then there was a moment or silence.

 

"What?! W-why?" 

 

"First of all, is that really all you can say? And second, Jaehyung wanted to talk to me and stuff and I had to agree because of my mom. I'll explain later. Please just come. It'll be like we're just acting a scene out for our music video. Please?"

 

"Okay okay. I'll be by the ice cream stand near the entrance in 5 minutes."

 

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Oh and act like we just coincidentally met okay?" I thanked him and ended the call.

 

I smiled and went back downstairs to my mom and that monster also known as Jaehyung.

 

"Are you ready?" He asked with a smile on his face.

 

"Uhm yeah." I replied and we walked out of the house heading to the park.

 

"So how've you been all these years?" He started.

 

"Just fine. Nothing much really happened."

 

"Nothing new happened? Nothing at all?"

 

"Well I just met new friends and became a bit more popular. Other than that, I'm still the same old Park Minkyung."

 

"Oh.. so any new likes and dislikes?"

 

"Well I'm into dancing these days and I still hate subjects that require logic. It's a miracle that I actually pass."

 

"Well you are the Park Minkyung. The girl who gets an honor but isn't the best at anything." He chuckled.

 

"Yep. So how about you?"

 

"Well I'm still into sports but I'm currently failing my grades so my parents grounded me."

 

"Same old Son Jaehyung huh? So are you still a coward and a snob?"

 

"Hey I am not a coward and a snob for your information." He retorted.

 

"Really? Are you sure about that Son Jaehyung? Why don't you check again?" I teased.

 

"Yah stop it. So how about your style? Still colorful and girlish?"

 

"I don't know actually. I'm in between boyish and girlish. As you can see with my look right now." I said and motioned him to look at my outfit.

 

"Oh yeah. I like this style better though."

 

"Thanks. And as I can see, your style is still the same. Simple yet stylish. Kind of like Mar-" I cut myself off by covering my mouth.

 

"Kind of like who? Come on Min spit it out." 

 

"N-nothing. I mean no one."

 

"Right...."

 

We just talked and talked but then he asked me something I didn't want to answer but I expected it.

 

"So do you have anyone new in your heart at the moment?"

 

"Maybe. Maybe not. Why are you asking?"

 

"Oh nothing. I was just curious. Now tell me. Please?" 

 

"Well.." I didn't continue when I spotted the park and saw Mark waving at me. Park Mark. It rhymes. Haha.

 

"Mark!" I shouted and ran to him.

 

"Hi. Wow why are you here?" I asked in glee after giving him a hug. Jaehyung caught up and stayed by my side.

 

"I was waiting for the others. You?"

 

"Oh I'm with a friend. This is Jaehyung." I said and pointed at Jaehyung.

 

"Hi I'm Jaehyung. Min's childhood best friend."

 

"I'm Mark. Min's boyfriend."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OMG Mark as her "boyfriend"!!

I didn't have time to open my account for two days so seeing around 10 peeps subscribing just made me smile. Thank you very much! Oh and I already wrote the next chap and I'm going to publish it tommorow. Keep an eye out for it.

 

Comment, subscribe and upvote please.. I love you all! :)