Chapter 2

The Neopular Couple

Min's POV

When I got home, I couldn't stop thinking about that guy. His smile just melted me and the way his eyes looked into mine. It's like a fairytale. Okay, I gotta stop. Min, you just freaking met him, what's wrong with you? Even though I've told myself to stop thinking about him countless of times, I just couldn't. Seriously, this is creeping me out. During dinner, I kept spacing out. Even my parents noticed it. Of course, my evil little sister wont be an exception.

"Min, is something bothering you these days? You've spaced out a couple of times already. Something wrong?" Mom started.

"Min likes someome! And she can't stop thinking of him. Haha." my sister,  Abi teased.

"Lets just wait a few more years and see who would be laughing." I teased back.

"Kids, stop it. I know you dont get along very well but please don't fight during our only family time." Dad commanded.

After dinner, I went up to my room and lay down. I looked at the ceiling and unknowingly thought of him again. Then I remembered, I was in the school's library and he was there too. He must be a student as well. Duh. And with that, I ended my day.

I woke up with a smile thinking I'd see him again then got ready for school. After eating breakfast, dad drove me and Abi to school. Good thing we study in different schools though. Abi won't know a thing, hehe. When the car stopped I looked out and saw my school. I said goodbye then quickly got out.

Walked into my classroom and sat on my chair, I looked around and spotted a red headed guy reading a book. He looked up making me turn my head too fast. Okay that was too obvious. Hope he didn't see me.

"Min, Min" my friend, Hana called me.

"Hm?" 

"Min, you're smiling to yourself. What are you thinking about?" she asked, grinning.

"Nothing. Dont even- dont even worry about it." I replied with a smile.

I peeped to my side and saw him looking. God, did he hear that?

 

Mark's POV

When I stepped into the school grounds, the only thing in my mind was: Will I see her again? Maybe talk to her? Will she notice me this time?

I was reading a book when I saw a figure sit on her seat. I looked up and saw her quickly turning her head. Was she looking at me? Probably not. I overheard her talk with her friend and looked at her, she was peeping. So she was looking at me. Then I went back to reading with a smile plastered on my face.

During lunch time, I was looking for her, but she's nowhere to be found. I got out of the cafeteria and searched for her once more. Classroom, field, rooftop, music room, library, no signs of her. When I opened a door leading to the garden, the other door opened as well. And it revealed a girl named Min, panting and sweating.

"You okay?" I spoke out then she faced me.

"Uh, yeah. Just looking for something that's all." she answered while fixing herself.

"Oh, well did you find it?"

"No, actually. I was thinking it's with Hana. By the way, my name is Park Minkyung aka Min, what's yours?" she asked stretching out her hand.

"I know. I'm Mark, nice to meet you." I replied, shaking her hand. Oh my G, I'm actually touching her hand. Hope I'm not blushing. She is though. Cute.

 

Min's POV

When lunch time came, I did what I planned. Know that guy's name. He wasn't in the cafeteria so I searched for him in the music room, library, classroom, field, rooftop. No signs. Last place i wanted to search was the garden. When I opened the door, a voice spoke out.

"You okay?"

When I looked to the side, he was there. 

"Uh, yeah. Just looking for something thats all" I said, making an excuse while fixing myself.

"Oh, well did you find it?"

"No, actually. I was thinking it's with Hana. By the way, my name is Park Minkyung aka Min, whats yours?"

"I know. Im Mark. Nice to meet you." He said, shaking my hand. OMG he knows my name! Probably blushing right now. He is too. Aw.

"Well Mark, care to join me for lunch?" I asked. What the heck? Min!

"Actually, I'd love to but did you not think that the whole school would be looking at us suspiciously when we enter or sit together?"

"Oh, yeah. Smart thinking. To the rooftop then." I said, half dragging him to the rooftop.

When we got there and started to eat, the awkwardness started to come. So I started the conversation.

"So, by the way, why were you in the library yesterday?"

"Shouldn't I be asking you that."

"Um, promise you won't tell anyone?" 

"Of course, I won't."

"I acually love reading books."

"Really? But you're a popular."

"I know, I know. None of my friends even know."

"For real?"

"Yep. Now your turn, what's your reason?"

"I come there everyday. Because..."

"Because what?"

"I'm a nerd."

When he said that, I nearly choked.

"What? Really? So that explains why you always have a book in your hands."

"Yup."

"You don't look like one though."

"Really? Why?"

"You just don't look like one. Just take it as a compliment."I said, emphasizing the word look.

"Okay, then. Thanks for the compliment." He said with a smile.

Riinnngg!!

"Back to class. See ya later." I said as I went to my class.

"Okay." He replied, going to his class.

 

Min, what have you gotten yourself in to? Of all things, why did he have to be a nerd?