Chapter 17

The Neopular Couple

Min’s POV

 

I got up hesitantly as I heard my alarm. Then I remembered, Jaehyung didn’t tell me what time we’d meet up. I groaned and asked him through text.

 

“10 am, if that’s okay with you.” He replied shortly afterward.

 

I sighed as I got up and took a shower. Now, I got forty five minutes left before I go to the park. What should I wear? I looked through my closet and tapped my chin, thinking.

 

“Denim long sleeved top and a black skater skirt?” I asked myself.

 

“Or should I pair the skater skirt with my grayish brown sweater?”

 

“Maybe I’ll go with my brown plain shirt with some denim shorts and a large cream jacket. Wait no.”

 

“Why am I even stressing myself out on this? I mean it’s not like I’m going on a date or meet with someone important or special or something.” I sighed in annoyance.

 

In the end, I went with my gray long sleeves, black skinny jeans and a pair of gray Converse then a red beanie to complete the look.

 

“Meh. It’s okay.” I uttered as I checked myself one last time on the mirror and bid my mom a goodbye before heading out.

 

“What could possibly be the important thing Jaehyung has to tell me?” I asked as I walked down the street to the park.

 

A few minutes later, I found myself standing at the entrance of the park, staring at a familiar figure smiling at me with a guitar in his hands. I walked up to him and gave him a small smile as well.

 

“Hi.” We said in unison.

 

“You look great today.” He said shyly.

 

“Thanks. You do too.” I replied with small grin, feeling the awkwardness that’s starting to come.

 

“So, what were you going to tell me?” I started the conversation as we strolled around the park.

 

“Well, it’s better expressed through a song.” He answered as we sat down on a bench.

 

“So your friend's been telling me you've been sleeping with my sweater and that you can't stop missing me.He started.

 

Oh no. I’ve got a bad feeling about this.

 

“Bet my friend's been telling you I'm not doing much better 'cause I'm missing half of me.”

 

Jaehyung this isn’t funny. Cut it out.

 

"Forget all we said that night. No, it doesn't even matter 'cause we both got split in two. If you could spare an hour or so, we'll go for lunch down by the river. We can really talk it through."

 

Jaehyung I’m serious just stop it!

 

“Though I try to get you out of my head, the truth is I got lost without you. And being here without you is like I'm waking up to only half a blue sky, kind of there but not quite. I'm walking around with just one shoe. I'm half a heart without you. I'm half a man at best, half an arrow in my chest. I miss everything we do. I'm half a heart without you.”

 

No, I can’t take this anymore.

 

“So, how was it?” He asked, grinning.

 

“It’s good. Your singing improved. Good job.” I replied, smiling as well, pretending to be clueless on what that just meant.

 

“Thanks. Now the reason why I sang that is….. because I realized that I still have feelings for you Min. I constantly think of you and I get this weird feeling every time I see you with someone else, especially that Mark dude. The thing is, I’m still in love with you Park Minkyung and I’m sorry it took me this long to realize it.”

 

I froze, speechless, staring at the ground, tears threatening to fall.

 

“Min? Hello? Are you okay?” He asked with concern and panic present in his voice as he leaned closer.

 

I got up without a word and ran as fast as I could as I felt tears stream down my face.

 

“No. Why Jaehyung? Why?” I uttered as I continued running until I felt a body bump into me.

 

“Hey are you okay?” A voice asked.

 

Mark? I thought, hoping that it was him. I looked up and a slight disappointment came to me.

 

“Oh Y - Yugyeom yeah uhm it’s just u - uh.” I stuttered, not able to find the right words to say.

 

“Noona, no you’re not.” He cut me off and before I even got a chance to reply, I felt his comforting arms around me and not long after, I found myself sobbing even harder in his embrace.

 

“Do you really need to come back in my life? Why did you have to do that? So you could break me again? So you can hurt me massively once more? I hate you Jaehyung!” I yelled, still crying on his chest.

 

 

Yugyeom’s POV

 

I was walking, my eyes glued on my phone, texting, when all of a sudden someone bumped into me, a crying girl bumped into me and if I’m not mistaken, it’s Min.

 

“Hey are you okay?” I asked.

 

“Oh Y - Yugyeom yeah uhm it’s just u - uh.” She answered, stuttering as she looked up. I was right, it was Min.

 

“Noona, no you’re not.” I cut her off and hugged her. I thought she really needed one right now as I felt her sob harder.

“Do you really need to come back in my life? Why did you have to do that? So you could break me again? So you can hurt me massively once more? I hate you Jaehyung!” She screamed.

 

Who is Jaehyung? What happened between him and Min?

 

I scanned the area, hoping that I’d see that Jaehyung guy she mentioned. As I looked at the benches, I saw a guy with a guitar, looking at Min, concern and pain written all over his face, at least that’s what I assumed it was. Maybe that guy’s Jaehyung.

 

I led Min to a less crowded place, still in my arms so we won’t make a scene.

 

“Noona, would you mind telling me what happened?” I questioned as I sat her down on a swing with me.

 

“Well ugh I don’t know where to start.” She groaned.

 

“It’s okay. Take your time. I can wait.”

 

“ Okay, here it goes.” She said after a while and inhaled heavily.

 

“Jaehyung and I were best friends when we were in Preschool. We were always with each other. We always spent time playing with each other and all. 4th grade, I developed feelings for him and it turned out he liked me too but we had to stay away from each other.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Well, one of my preschool best friends too, liked him and she didn’t like the fact that we were like an ‘item’ so she bullied me, verbally. That year, I lost my only two best friends, Jaehyung and her. Let’s put it that way.”

 

“Oh, I’m sorry to hear that noona. Are you still comfortable with telling this to me?”

 

“No you don’t need to be. And it’s okay. Now back to the story, since we can’t be seen talking to each other, we only talk through messages but to cut the long story short, he changed and it turned out he liked another one. I still don’t know why actually. Now, he’s back claiming that he realized he loved me all along.”

 

 

Min’s POV

 

After my “story telling session”, I noticed Yugyeom became quiet for a while.

 

“Hey Yugyeom, are you okay? You seem dazed.”

 

“Oh uhm yeah. I was just thinking.”

 

“Of what?”

 

“You know I remembered something. Mark hyung experienced something similar to your situation.”

 

“Really? What happened?”

 

“Well I don’t have the right to tell since it’s not my story so you should go and ask him. You’d be the first girl to, you really should. I got to go now noona. My group mates for a project are waiting for me. Bye, be safe, be happy and you really should ask hyung.” He said with a grin and walked away.

 

Should I really ask him?

 

I looked at my phone, hesitating. After a while, I took the courage and dialed his number.

“Hello Min?” A familiar voice answered as he picked up the call.

 

“Mark, can you come by at my house later?”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OMG what will happen next? Aren't you curious?

I'm having so much Yugyeom feels at the moment so I just got to put him in this chapter! 

Again, thank you for subscribing and upvoting! I really apreciate all of you who take time and read this story of mine even though it's not that good yet. Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts about this story. 

Oh and please check my other fanfics out. For iKON fans out there, you should read His Voice, The Reason Why I Fell For Him(Jinhwan) and Wrong Numbered Confession(Chanwoo). For BTS and EXO fans out there, try reading The Right Mistake(Jungkook and Luhan along with Apink's Chorong) and The Tease Unleashed The Beast(Suga). Thanks! Bye for now!