Chapter 8

Girls, girls, girls... only girl for me~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Noona, we need to ask you something, you have to tell us the truth! 100% TRUTH!! Okay?" Jr. slyly stated while Mark's eyes widen at  the sight of his laptop on the table.
 
"Okayyy~" Hearing your voice, Mark frantically mumbled incoherent words, wiggling to get free from the 3 boys holding him against his will, as Jackson held Mark in place, Yugyeom and BamBam made sure Mark's mouth was covered.
 
"DO YOU LIKE MARK HYUNG, TRUTHFULLY?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your Side:

Your heart suddenly became frozen as time stood still for that split second. Hearing Youngjae's question, caught you off guard and seeing him peer away from the screen made you sense that something was going on. Hearing bits of whispers, mumbling, and strange noises coming from their side. You were unsure what to think now you weren't too sure how to answer the question either, but somehow your lips started to part without your consent.

"...." Before you could even say a word, you heard a loud FURIOUS ROAR, seeing Jr. and Youngjae backup from the screen a bit alarmed.

"YAH!!!" Hearing a scream and loud thuds in the background, your heart stopped beating, "Is that who I think it is? Was he there the entire time?! What was really going on over there?", you wondered but the sudden movement of the blurred screen made you uneasy and worried. *SLAM* Hearing a door loudly close and moments later, Mark appeared with an angered expression on his face.

"I knew they were up to something..." Mark mumbled furiously. heaving a couple of sighs afterwards.

"Yah calm down?" You've been around your best friend for way too long now that Korean words became a part of your daily life, as you somehow almost used the word "yah" in every sentence or so it felt like. You stared at Mark and knew that he was upset and it only made you feel more concerned as you looked at him from afar.

"Yah, you should be upset too! You're the one they were targeting!" Mark spoke agitated as he glanced at you feeling annoyed and definitely still mad.

"Targeting?" You asked puzzled, while giving Mark a cute curious expression, forgetting the situation with the members and what they had just asked you.

"ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME, ARE YOU BLIND OR STUPID, THEY ARE TRYING TO SET US UP AND YOU'RE NOT EVEN AWARE!!~" Mark shouted even more pissed off than before.

"YAH! WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME?!" Hearing Mark's response shook your heart a bit, you knew that the members were up to something but were they really trying to set you both up?

"Why are you talking to my members in the first place?" You woke up from the daze, as you stared at the screen dumbfounded. Seriously, MARK!?!

"ARE YOU BLIND OR STUPID TOO!? Whose skype account do you think this is?" You laughed as Mark went from furious to red with embarrassment, realizing that it was his own account that he was talking to you with.
 
"I thought it was you but they appeared and started talking to me, I couldn't just not talk to them." You explained not hearing Mark respond after your sudden outburst.

*SILENCE*

"What's your answer?" After what seemed like forever, Mark finally spoke with a gentle and softer tone, making your heart melt slowly.

"Huh? Answer to what?" You couldn't look directly at him as your heart raced and you slightly started to feel flushed. You wanted to avoid the question you knew was on his mind, but you knew all too well that it would come up sooner or later.

"Do you like me?" But it came, so quickly like a bullet through your fragile heart. You knew you had to hold it in and utter the words that shatter your heart to pieces. "Because, I said that I would protect you. I don't want you to know my true feelings because I want you to be with the girl you love." You tried your best not to waver, as you slowly started to speak up...still not looking at him.

"Why does it matter whether I like you or not? You like Stephanie." Finally finding the courage you spoke up, only to see Mark smile after hearing you say her name. Your heart sank bitterly with so much emotions running through your head.

"I'm just making sure you don't fall in love with me or something~" Mark teased you as he let out a light chuckle, even though those words were not what you wanted to hear, your heart was prepared for such painful words.

"Psh, in your dreams!" You had to bite your tongue just for those words to come out as you knew it was already too late. "You don't want me to fall for you, but I already have and now I'm in too deep, it's dangerous but I can't stop falling." thinking to yourself but then he spoke up making you look at his direction.

'Hey now, I should be the one saying that~" Mark teased while you rolled your eyes at him.

The atmosphere somehow became a bit awkward as you didn't know what to say next but suddenly..

"OH HEY, I thought you would be up here. You turned away from your phone, hearing a voice behind you. Approaching you with a happy smile, the young guy quickly waved at your direction.

"Who's that?!" You heard Mark sounding a bit displeased but you didn't really bother to know the reason.

"Hey, what's up?" You didn't pay any attention to Mark as you spoke to one your coworker.

"If you have time, can we talk for a bit?" The guy scratched his head feeling a bit unsure, seeing you were in the middle of something.

"Yeah sure, just give me a minute and I'll be right in." You smiled sweetly as the guy quickly went back into the building without interrupting you any further.

"Hey, I gotta go~" You turned your attention back to Mark and bid him a short goodbye but somehow he didn't look too happy.

"Who was he?" You had to let out a small smile just because of how serious he looked when he asked you that.

"Why do you wanna know?" Biting your tongue trying not to laugh, Mark's expression at the time were priceless.

"I'm just curious? Why? You hiding something from me?!" Mark eyed you with a raised eyebrow, staring you down.

"Why on earth would you be curious, and why do I have to tell you every little detail of my life~?" You unconsciously blurted out at that moment.

"NOONA!! HYUNG'S JUST JEALOUS~!" All of a sudden you see Jr.'s head appear on the left side of Mark, waving at you with a sheepish grin.

"YAH WHEN DID YOU ALL GET IN HERE?" Mark yelled as the screen shook a bit, seeing heads appearing left and right.

"When you were too busy bathing in JEALOUSY~ a moment ago!!!" Jackson stated while chuckling a bit, Receiving a death glare and a light kick from Mark.

"YAH GO AWAY!!!! I'M NOT JEALOUS!! WHY THE HECK WOULD I BE JEALOUS!" Mark shouted trying to shove everyone off the bed as you laughed at how cute the members were and thinking back to what they had said before the BIG QUESTION was asked.

They really are on your SIDE.

~Flashback~

"ANNYEONG NOONA~" The 4 boys cheerfully greeted you, as you stared back at them a bit confused.
 
"Oh, annyeong~" You stated glancing at the screen wondering what was going on but without even having to ask you received your answer instantly.

"Oh, we borrowed Mark hyung's laptop, if you're wondering why it's us and not him!!" Youngjae explained as you nodded, understanding the situation.

"Oh yeah Noona, sorry we didn't respon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter