7

Or So It Seems

Kyungsoo turned away from Chanyeol and Lay and ran down the remaining steps, ignoring their shouts at him to stop.

Luhan watched the scene from the top of the steps in horror. After watching Kyungsoo walk up calmly behind Xiumin and shove him down the steps, Luhan had known their previous luck with the 'Game' was over. He knew Kyungsoo hadn't been in his right mind, he could tell from the dead look in his eyes when he'd pushed Xiumin along with his tears and screams that had followed over the other's limp body. And when Xiumin's breathing had started coming faster and more erratic after Kyungsoo ignored the rules, Luhan was sure of the fact that the 'Game' had more to it than they'd thought.

But now Kyungsoo was running through the school alone, vulnerable to anything. So Luhan ran down the steps, pausing near Lay and Chanyeol to tell them that he was going after Kyungsoo before taking off after said boy. He tried to erase the image of Lay's pained expression from his face as he went, determination to return to them coursing through his veins.

 

Lay, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun sat on the steps near Xiumin, too exhausted to do much more. Not to mention the heavy feeling of despair settling in all of them.

"We should head after Luhan and Kyungsoo, make sure they're safe" Lay suggested finally, standing up. They'd only been sitting for a minute or so, but he felt like it'd been hours. Besides, he felt more uneasy with all of them spread out over the school, more vulnerable. But then again, it seemed like this 'Game' had some ability to turn them against each other, after Xiumin's incident. He'd seen the dead look in Kyungsoo's eyes too, right before the other had walked past him and shoved Xiumin down the stairs.

Lay shivered slightly at the memory.

"I wonder where Kris is, he won't answer his texts" Chanyeol muttered, trying to seem annoyed instead of scared.

Baekhyun seemed shocked, as if his sanity was reaching its limit. But he shook his head before speaking softly.

"We never should have split up," he looked dazed, staring into the darkness of the steps below them. But then his eyes cleared and he stood.

"Let's try and find Luhan and Kyungsoo, and then together we can go after Kris. We need to regroup" he said with determination, but before they'd even started down the steps, Kris' voice spoke over the speakers.

"The competitors of this 'Game' seem to need a reminder. Any competitor who disobeys the instructions will, at some point, receive their termination. No exceptions are made"

Their friend's voice echoed in their minds, until Chanyeol whispered "Kris" and took off running down the steps.

"The elevators may lead you to your goal" Chanyeol's own voice seemed to whisper above their heads as the other two sprinted after Chanyeol's quickly receding form.

 

 

I literally laughed when I saw how short this chapter was...so...(brace yourselves)... I'm going for a third;) Have fun my precious subbies...:)

~LateNightBubbleTea